IGNORED

Best Ball for one who loses them constantly?

Note: This thread is 2043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was wondering if anyone knew of a cheap ball that wouldn't put me into financial ruin if I was having a off day. Such as losing a ball per hole. I am one of the people who if a hole has water on it I will inevitably end up in it. I currently play with reclaimed balls that I have found on the course (nearly 300 balls in total) so it isn't that big of a loss. However, as of lately I wanted to experience what a new ball feels like, but I don't want to go into debt when I lose them. I heard Fuzz was a cheap ball but I couldn't find any new information on them. So if anyone knows of a decent cheap ball please let me know.

Thanks.

What are you willing to spend?   $15/dz, $20/dz, $25/dz.    There are many very good balls that would fit your criteria.   Check Calloway, Bridgestone, Pinnacle, Srixon, Taylor Made, Wilson... 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I used to buy those little plastic tubs of recycled Callaway balls from Walmart (it’s literally the only thing I go there for), because I really like hitting my tee shots into the Bush.  

I stocked up on Nike Mojos over Xmas.  In Canada you can grab them for slightly more than a dollar a ball.  

Corey

49 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

What are you willing to spend?   $15/dz, $20/dz, $25/dz.    There are many very good balls that would fit your criteria.   Check Calloway, Bridgestone, Pinnacle, Srixon, Taylor Made, Wilson... 

Preferably $15/dz or less.

16 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

I used to buy those little plastic tubs of recycled Callaway balls from Walmart (it’s literally the only thing I go there for), because I really like hitting my tee shots into the Bush.  

I stocked up on Nike Mojos over Xmas.  In Canada you can grab them for slightly more than a dollar a ball.  

That probably explains why I find the Nike Mojos all over the place. From what I can remember they aren't that bad of a ball.

Walmart has a 2 piece ball for $5.00 a dozen. I believe they are called "Nitro". I have played them, and they are not that bad of a ball. I am not sure if they are approved, but if you lose quite a few, who cares.  If you are near a Walmart, or similar store, you might check them out. 

• Like 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I echo what Patch said, WalMart has several different varieties of low priced balls that would fit what you are looking for. Nitro has many different low cost balls, Wilson Staff 50 Elite is also a pretty good ball for under $15/doz. You also might consider the Noodle Long & Soft line of balls, or TaylorMade Super Deep & TaylorMade Lethal Distance if you can find them. Good luck and keep'em in the fairway.

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

If you want a quality ball that feels good, and not hollow like some of the above suggestions, then get the:

Snell GETSUM ball - excellent 2 piece ball and inexpensive. 6 dz/$85 - no taxes or shipping

Distance - yes; a good combo of spin and rollout around greens (but more roll). I've played it.

https://www.snellgolf.com/products/get-sum-value-pack-6-dozen?variant=27596103432

Edited by Mr. Desmond
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

15 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

If you want a quality ball that feels good, and not hollow like some of the above suggestions, then get the:

Snell GETSUM ball - excellent 2 piece ball and inexpensive. 6 dz/$85 - no taxes or shipping

Distance - yes; a good combo of spin and rollout around greens (but more roll). I've played it.

https://www.snellgolf.com/products/get-sum-value-pack-6-dozen?variant=27596103432

That is probably what I will go for. I love the weird or uncommon manufactures for balls so I will check them out. Thanks!

1 minute ago, bentaygo said:

That is probably what I will go for. I love the weird or uncommon manufactures for balls so I will check them out. Thanks!

Dean Snell worked for years for Titleist, Taylormade, etc and was on their development teams. Snell Golf Balls have been well received by golfers in the know - a lot of forum members, here and other places, enjoy their play.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

42 minutes ago, Patch said:

Walmart has a 2 piece ball for $5.00 a dozen. I believe they are called "Nitro". I have played them, and they are not that bad of a ball. I am not sure if they are approved, but if you lose quite a few, who cares.  If you are near a Walmart, or similar store, you might check them out. 

1 hour ago, Warren Zevon said:

29 minutes ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

I echo what Patch said, WalMart has several different varieties of low priced balls that would fit what you are looking for. Nitro has many different low cost balls, Wilson Staff 50 Elite is also a pretty good ball for under $15/doz. You also might consider the Noodle Long & Soft line of balls, or TaylorMade Super Deep & TaylorMade Lethal Distance if you can find them. Good luck and keep'em in the fairway.

I really should go to the Walmart near me (less than a mile away), but it sits on an old Country Club (Woodmar Country Club). I am just a bit bitter that the land from the course was used by a Walmart. But, I guess I will have to put my resentment aside a take a look.

5 hours ago, bentaygo said:

I was wondering if anyone knew of a cheap ball that wouldn't put me into financial ruin if I was having a off day. Such as losing a ball per hole. I am one of the people who if a hole has water on it I will inevitably end up in it. I currently play with reclaimed balls that I have found on the course (nearly 300 balls in total) so it isn't that big of a loss. However, as of lately I wanted to experience what a new ball feels like, but I don't want to go into debt when I lose them. I heard Fuzz was a cheap ball but I couldn't find any new information on them. So if anyone knows of a decent cheap ball please let me know.

Thanks.

I'm spending roughly 50 cents for "AAA" used balls on eBay. My recent upgrade is to all orange MOJO's.  I used to just pick a random assortment but I got tired of everyone asking " what are you playing ?". Also don't have to mark my initials on them anymore.

These orange MOJO's are the easiest ball to spot on the range . (Even if it's the wrong range )

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

Get some prov1s, a snorkel/mask, rope, and machete. You will never have to buy another box of balls again. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, upndown21 said:

Get some prov1s, a snorkel/mask, rope, and machete. You will never have to buy another box of balls again. 

This seems like the set up for a bizarre heist, but feasible. 

1 hour ago, gregsandiego said:

I'm spending roughly 50 cents for "AAA" used balls on eBay. My recent upgrade is to all orange MOJO's.  I used to just pick a random assortment but I got tired of everyone asking " what are you playing ?". Also don't have to mark my initials on them anymore.

These orange MOJO's are the easiest ball to spot on the range . (Even if it's the wrong range )

How many are you getting for the $0.50?

2 hours ago, bentaygo said:

This seems like the set up for a bizarre heist, but feasible. 

How many are you getting for the $0.50?

I purchase 50 for around $27 or so.

8 minutes ago, gregsandiego said:

I purchase 50 for around $27 or so.

Yep. Just out of principle I won't buy new balls. I'm not good enough to use them.

Lostgolfballs.com is a good place to get cheap, used balls as well. 

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Note: This thread is 2043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!