IGNORED

EA loses PGA Tour rights, The Golf Club gets it

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm not a gamer, so hardly qualified to talk about this. Here's the explanation:

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I haven’t played a golf game in awhile...Tiger Woods 14 I think...but I have been wanting to try the golf club for the course design features...and now they have rights to the PGA tour? I may have to purchase..

Not great. The Golf Club hasn't quite figured out the physics like EA has. It's really tough to stop balls on the green on the Golf Club with anything past an 8 iron. You also can't play with different player types on the Golf Club.

Don't get me wrong, I like The Golf Club just fine. The course customization is great. But the pinnacle of golf video games was still Tiger Woods 14. 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Tiger Woods PGA games will forever be the pinnacle of golf games in my opinion. Through and through. Just love them. Particularly, 2011. 

The Golf Club ... not a fan. As one poster mentioned, the physics is ... well, off. By quite a bit, in my opinion

" No one succeeds without effort... Those who succeed owe their success to perseverance.

Let come what comes, let go what goes. See what remains. "

- RM

Never played The Golf Club, but the last EA golf game I played was Probably 2015, I think? Rory was the headliner. 

It was not good. Just felt like low production value, not made by a studio as big as EA. The last TW version I played was probably late 2000s but it was great from what I remember. 

Yeah, EA really half-assed the Rory PGA Tour game. The gameplay was fine, but there wasn't much replay value in it. The courses they had in there were fantastically done, but there were only like 20 courses total. Once you played every course a couple of times, the game was pretty boring. There also weren't a lot of game modes to play.

If TGC can figure out the physics better, put in a couple more game modes, and allow you to customize your player more, it will be pretty close to the best EA golf games. Don't know if that's going to happen, though, because the physics between TGC 1 and TGC 2 didn't change all that much.

• Like 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

9 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Yeah, EA really half-assed the Rory PGA Tour game. The gameplay was fine, but there wasn't much replay value in it. The courses they had in there were fantastically done, but there were only like 20 courses total. Once you played every course a couple of times, the game was pretty boring. There also weren't a lot of game modes to play.

If TGC can figure out the physics better, put in a couple more game modes, and allow you to customize your player more, it will be pretty close to the best EA golf games. Don't know if that's going to happen, though, because the physics between TGC 1 and TGC 2 didn't change all that much.

I picked up the Rory game during a flash sale for a few bucks this winter. I found it pretty crappy like they just didn't care. Some of the lower challenges were relatively a steep learning curve and the controls were finicky and difficult to manage. I have not heard of TGC but would consider trying it.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

10 hours ago, DeadMan said:

I agree.  I enjoyed the large amount of courses, including Augusta, that were playable on Tiger '14.  Not to mention, you had the option of having the actual weather, that was affecting the area of your course of choice, be in effect when you played.  Rory was not up to that par, and I'm not a fan of TGC.  It's ok, but nothing I would spend money on.    

DJ

Follow me at Game Golf Profile: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/djfajt71 

I haven't played TGC, but one would assume they spent quite a bit of money for that PGA tour licence.  I would assume they have a plan in place to make that investment worth it.   They are aware, I assume,  that the license will bring people in, but it takes a good game to keep them there.   

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

• 3 months later...

I've played TGC since early access on PC in 2014. A lot of you are correct in that some of the golf physics are off, but the game is absolutely great when you get the distance/roll figured out. Add in the competition that tgctours.com provides and suddenly you have a very enjoyable and addicting experience.

Note: This thread is 2042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!