IGNORED

2018 U.S. Open at Shinnecock Hills

iacas
Note: This thread is 2124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

@Vinsk use this one too

stenson.jpg

Zach Johnson thinks they lost the golf course.  Have they tried looking where they left it last?

Just now, Blackjack Don said:

Did anyone else hear it said thirty people were looking for Dustin's ball, yesterday. 

Thursday;  he hit into the junk and even Tiger was helping him look.

Just now, Blackjack Don said:

What does it mean, "losing the golf course?" How is a golf course "gone?"

They need to check where they put it last. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wait, was that right?  If Phil hadn't done that thing with his ball, he could have declared it unplayable and gone back to the previous putt?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

4 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Wait, was that right?  If Phil hadn't done that thing with his ball, he could have declared it unplayable and gone back to the previous putt?

He would've been able to replace his ball with only a one shot penalty. So he outsmarted himself and former USGA Pres said he would've DQ Phil.

Something tells me that Tiger is chuckling as the "Privacy" poops its way down the east coast.

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

Aside from Tigs terrible showing...

I am loving this. This is fantastic, and what I think of when I think of The Open. Once a year, toughest challenge in golf.

• Like 1

Colin P.

And now everyone has had a bogey today.  

(I typed it but didn't hit "submit" before hearing the announcer say it)

DJ breaking out the blue paint. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

2 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Aside from Tigs terrible showing...

I am loving this. This is fantastic, and what I think of when I think of The Open. Once a year, toughest challenge in golf.

The tournament is a hot mess...laughable.  Zach Johnson already said the course is toast.....LOL

Everybody is now over par.....LOL

5 minutes ago, JSGolf said:

The tournament is a hot mess...laughable.  Zach Johnson already said the course is toast.....LOL

And Zach Johnson is the one whose opinion really matters..........

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

A thought:  maybe the exhaustion of the U.S. Open is why no one has won it after winning the previous week on the PGA Tour.  I wonder how players who played all four rounds the week before have fared historically.  Maybe I'll look into that someday. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

6 minutes ago, JSGolf said:

Everybody is now over par.....LOL

You realize that "par" is an arbitrary number?

Colin P.

Just now, MacDutch said:

To me this is absurd. Noting likeable at a pinball course.

Trivia: in Tommy Aaron's first PGA Tour start as a professional, he was introduced on the first tee as Tommy Walker. 

Just now, colin007 said:

You realize that "par" is an arbitrary number?

One of the best things about having a golf hole in my backyard is that I can choose the par for it.  It's a 158 yard par-10 and one of these days, I might birdie it. 

• Like 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

Can anyone recall a player complaining about the course setup and then winning the tournament? Lots of players have a US Open on their career "bucket list" but I don't remember anyone wishing to achieve the goal of complaining about a US Open.

Also, Stenson/Rose being "on the clock" is stupid, I don't see why officials need to interfere.

Geez they think this is tough, the Open is at Carnoustie next month. Have you seen that course when the wind blows? Shinnecock is a teddy bear compared to what Carnoustie can play like.

1 minute ago, ladders11 said:

Can anyone recall a player complaining about the course setup and then winning the tournament? Lots of players have a US Open on their career "bucket list" but I don't remember anyone wishing to achieve the goal of complaining about a US Open.

There's a story that Gary Player used to tell everyone who would listen how much he loved the greens at whatever course they were playing.  "I love playing these slick, fast greens" he'd say one week, and "I love playing these slow, shaggy greens" the next week.  Probably better than letting the lack of perfect conditions into his head.

Anthony Kim would do similar whenever anyone complained about a fairway lie.  He used to play L.A. City munis growing up, so the worst lie on the PGA Tour probably looked perfect to him.

1 minute ago, ladders11 said:

Also, Stenson/Rose being "on the clock" is stupid, I don't see why officials need to interfere.

Why is it stupid?  They're a hole behind.  The proper place on the golf course is behind the group ahead of them, not in front of the group behind them.

• Like 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 2124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!