IGNORED

2018 U.S. Open at Shinnecock Hills

iacas
Note: This thread is 2125 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 minute ago, iacas said:

It sounds like those cheap-o plastic cups that fall apart all the time.

I'm imagining minigolf course cups. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

And Patrick Reed finishes his second top-5 in a major this season.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Shindig said:

And Patrick Reed finishes his second top-5 in a major this season.  

Takes the early dominant lead (obviously he lead after the Masters) in the "Majors Cup" or whatever you individually call the "leader of the four majors for the year" thing.

The year-long majors scoring title.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, ChrisP said:

Great Sunday but it looks like Koepka has this. He would have to Van de Velde the last hole.

well dont Jinx him......... with this course anything can happen lol

It is what it is

14 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Right, so the thing I'm wondering is if the wind is affecting the situation that the pros normally hit it closer from 50 yards than from 125 yards.  Maybe there isn't a layup zone 50 yards out?

Now that could be.  Very hard to see on radio. :-$

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

Koepka leading a U.S. Open he very much wants to win, he's at the 72nd hole, pulls out driver.  Phil is watching and says "don't do anything I wouldn't do."  Unfortunately, that's a much larger set than we thought two days ago at this time.

Are DJ and Koepka sharing a cart?  Because they could after those tee shots.

Fun fact about Brooks Koepka:  his first PGA Tour win had Palmer and Watson as runners-up.  Ryan and Bubba, not Arnold and Tom.

Members' bounce for Koepka off the 72nd approach.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

8 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Great Sunday but it looks like Koepka has this. He would have to Van de Velde the last hole.

LOL omg that duck hook made my jaw drop............ 

It is what it is

1 minute ago, HJJ003 said:

well that could have been a lot worse for koepka...

Cheeky tight lie for a chip shot... 

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Just now, HJJ003 said:

well that could have been a lot worse for koepka...

i blame ChrisP   ^^^^^^  a few comments above, for jinxing him..........   but ya if that ball takes a bad hop or ends up in the stands...... that would be just bad luck

It is what it is

"Oh, sure, that one goes in." -- Dustin Johnson, probably.

-- Michael | My swing! 

• Administrator

B2B!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That was a gutty performance and a really great U.S. Open.

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

I assume Brooks knows that woman.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 2125 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!