IGNORED

LPGA's Lincicome will play in PGA Event in July

MrGolfguy67
Note: This thread is 2098 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Assuming she’s finished her round tomorrow she can at least say she didn’t quit, and there are so far 5 guys that cannot say that.  (Some or all could be legitimately hurt, who knows)

So her accomplishment is playing 36 holes of golf?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Not sure if they're seeing an increase in viewership. But really, the thrill is kinda gone really. Weather delay, she won't make the cut...move along, nothing to see here.

I bought an entire case of Barbasol shaving products because of this tournament... all because they had a girl playing in it. I'm also going to donate to the Julie Inkster Girls Deserve The Same Pay As Men Even Though They Don't Play As Well Or Draw The Same Interest Foundation.

Not sure if there was ever any "thrill" or unrealistic expectations, but it's still interesting to some of us to see how she plays the second time through.

• Like 1

Jon

2 hours ago, JonMA1 said:

but it's still interesting to some of us to see how she plays the second time through.

Awesome. Enjoy.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Looking good right now, BL has moved up 9 spots since the completion of round 1. She got of to a rocky start with 2 bogeys early but bounced right back with 3 straight birdies on holes 6,7,8 to shoot 1 under on the front. 

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

Birdie on #10, that's 4 birdies in a 5 hole stretch. Pretty damn impressive.

Don't you shank no more 

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Awesome. Enjoy.

Well it does beat the hell out of posting on Internet forums that I claim to have little interest in.

Jon

Brittany posted a 1 under 71 today, highlighted by an eagle 3 on #17, she ended up bettering 11 PGA Tour pros for the 2 rounds so she was not really close to DFL. Turns out there was alot to see from her today; she hit several irons close to pins and made some good putts for birdie. Lots of people in Kentucky (including many young girls) were happy to watch her play and her performance was very respectable. Overall a win - win.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Don't you shank no more 

Seems like she would be happy with her round today. The fact that she improved by that many strokes from yesterday’s round is cool.

Jon

37 minutes ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

Brittany posted a 1 under 71 today, highlighted by an eagle 3 on #17, she ended up bettering 11 PGA Tour pros for the 2 rounds so she was not really close to DFL. Turns out there was alot to see from her today; she hit several irons close to pins and made some good putts for birdie. Lots of people in Kentucky (including many young girls) were happy to watch her play and her performance was very respectable. Overall a win - win.

Just for accuracy...for the two rounds she beat 3, not 11. Eight of them WD. The remaining 3 she scored better. No hard feelings ...just saying ...

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

21 minutes ago, JonMA1 said:

Seems like she would be happy with her round today. 

Exactly. Her 71 beat or tied about 50 PGA Tour pros today. 

2 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Just for accuracy...for the two rounds she beat 3, not 11. Eight of them WD. 

She's listed ahead of them on the Leaderboard because she beat them. If you shoot 76 and then quit you lose to someone who shoots 78 - 71. Fact.

No hard feelings at all.

Don't you shank no more 

13 minutes ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

She's listed ahead of them on the Leaderboard because she beat them. If you shoot 76 and then quit you lose to someone who shoots 78 - 71. Fact.

No hard feelings at all.

Lol. Whatever. I’m sure she takes great pride from beating someone who didn’t play. 

Edited by Vinsk

1 hour ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

No hard feelings at all.

55 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Lol. Whatever. I’m sure she takes great pride from beating someone who didn’t play. 

There were 13 men who entered  the tournament who did not beat her ... just say that @MrGolfGuy. 🙂

Edited by Golfingdad

• Administrator
4 hours ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

Brittany posted a 1 under 71 today, highlighted by an eagle 3 on #17, she ended up bettering 11 PGA Tour pros for the 2 rounds so she was not really close to DFL.

She didn't beat 11 PGA Tour pros. She beat maybe three.

Of the eight WDs, none seem to have finished their second rounds. Which explains their WDs - they weren't going to make the cut, and so they probably had or wanted to get somewhere and not worry about playing three holes to MC on a Saturday morning.

Of the eight… only Zecheng Dou was likely to post a higher score than Brittany, with a 79-74* finish (if he pars the two holes he had remaining), and Guy Boros with 75-77* (152).

Dou (aged 21) has a PGA Tour card for 2018, but Boros (aged 53), is not a PGA Tour pro, really. He's played two Champions Tour events (one the U.S. Senior Open), and a good number of Web.com Tour events. And, again, he's 53.

But let's say she "beat" 11 players entered in this opposite field event. We have different definitions of "close to DFL," because she was in the bottom 10% of the field. An opposite field event. If you count only those likely to have finished below her, she finished 3rd from last, or in the bottom 2.5%. I call that "close to DFL."

And, never mind that she got to play in very different conditions than others who played the bulk of their rounds yesterday, before the weather delay. The conditions this morning may have allowed for some good scoring.

3 hours ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

She didn't "beat" them. They withdrew.

She finished in the bottom 2.5% or bottom 10% of the field. The opposite field.

Now, don't get me wrong. I think that's mildly impressive for a slightly better than average LPGA Tour player who almost never practices (by her own admission). Brittany is no Annika.

But that's about it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Just for accuracy...for the two rounds she beat 3, not 11. Eight of them WD. The remaining 3 she scored better. No hard feelings ...just saying ...

Still, 8 of the boys quit. The girl didn't.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

This reminded me of a Feherty essay I read a while ago, so I looked it up. It had to do with Annika's invite to a PGA Tour event, and Suzy Whaley playing in a US open qualifier.

In Whaley's case, Feherty reminded us that, at that time, Suzy Whaley was a PGA of America pro! She won her sectional (or whatever) and won her spot in the qualifier! She didn't deprive anyone of a spot!

In Sorenstam's case, Feherty also reminded us that PGA Tour events aren't held for the sole benefit of PGA Tour pros. They are held for the benefit of the sponsor! It was just as hard back then, as it is now, to find outfits willing to pony up the bucks needed. They use the event for advertisement and entertainment.

Whatever they want to do to bring more attention to their event can be in play, Thus, the sponsors exemption. Heck, the Masters invites a few amateurs from around the world to play, and they have a better chance of seeing God than they do of winning the Masters! But, that's what they want!

I'm going to do a 180* here. When this was announced, I thought it was nonsensical, and I felt she should concentrate on trying to beat the women before she tried to play the men. I'm not going to lie and say I watched any of it, but I have to say she must have been pretty impressive. I think she doubled then tripled two par 3's late in her first round. I know it's a big "if", but she could've made the cut if not for that. She played pretty damn well the other 34 holes. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Edited by GrandStranded

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

So the more I think about the 8 who withdrew, the more it bothers me. I could see if it was a Monday qualifier, but the tournament itself? A lot of us, myself included, felt Brittany didn't belong, but she showed way more class then those clowns. THEY took spots, and courtesy cars, and whatever other perks Tour guys get. Yet they couldn't be bothered to spend one more night in a nice hotel and fulfill a commitment? I wonder how the Tour would feel if the bottom 10-20 guys pulled this crap every Thursday night. I know one thing, if I ran this tournament I'd give spots to 8 more LPGA players before I let these jokers back again.

• Upvote 1

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

4 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

So the more I think about the 8 who withdrew, the more it bothers me. I could see if it was a Monday qualifier, but the tournament itself? A lot of us, myself included, felt Brittany didn't belong, but she showed way more class then those clowns. THEY took spots, and courtesy cars, and whatever other perks Tour guys get. Yet they couldn't be bothered to spend one more night in a nice hotel and fulfill a commitment? I wonder how the Tour would feel if the bottom 10-20 guys pulled this crap every Thursday night. I know one thing, if I ran this tournament I'd give spots to 8 more LPGA players before I let these jokers back again.

Yeah the ones that withdrew are douchebags and it should go on a record if they keep doing it.No matter how bad you play you should play it out.

Note: This thread is 2098 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!