IGNORED

2018 PGA Championship at Bellerive

iacas
Note: This thread is 2088 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think Tiger's pars were more impressive then his birdies. He made some great recoveries today. And yes, after today he has earned his spot on the Ryder Cup team.

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tough to be disappointed by a 64 on Sunday at a major championship.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I'm sad this competition is moving to May. It has had a nice feel to it this year, a pleasing footnote for 2018's majors. It will feel strange with the final major of the year being the British.

2 minutes ago, ScouseJohnny said:

I'm sad this competition is moving to May. It has had a nice feel to it this year, a pleasing footnote for 2018's majors. It will feel strange with the final major of the year being the British.

I agree with this. I don’t like it either. I thought the schedule was perfect. I get why they’re doing it...just don’t agree with it.

Just now, ScouseJohnny said:

I know, right? It'll be good for the PGA, but weird having the Major season end before mid July. What's the reasoning behind the move? Is it a last ditch effort to make the Players a fifth major?

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

66-66-64 is Tiger's best last 54 hole stretch in a major ever. By three shots. And he started this tournament with bogey and double bogey on hole one and two.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

1 minute ago, GrandStranded said:

I know, right? It'll be good for the PGA, but weird having the Major season end before mid July. What's the reasoning behind the move? Is it a last ditch effort to make the Players a fifth major?

They won’t say it publicly but they want to end the Fed Ex Cup before football season because no one watches it.

2 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

They want to end the season in early september. Which means the playoffs need to take place in August. Among other reasons, none of which involve giving players majors status. 

Tiger just shot a 64 in the final round of a major with his B game (A+ iron game and C- off the tee). Pretty damn impressive. 

It’s starting to look like Koepka might rack up a bunch of majors in a hurry. He’s DJ without the disappearing act DJ often pulls under pressure.

Edited by skydog
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tiger will get solo second if Scott doesn't make his par. Should be another good climb up the OWGR. 

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

5 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Tiger will get solo second if Scott doesn't make his par. Should be another good climb up the OWGR. 

Yup should almost guarantee him a spot in the next few WGCs, next years US open which he lost his exemption on and prolly the Match Play.

Tiger was clearly dissapointed, I think he knows deep inside he is still the best out there he just needs to straighten the driver out some and there it is.I wonder where winds up in GWR after this despite not having 40 events credited.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

I wouldn't kick Brook's girlfriend out for wearing muddy golf spikes to bed....

Edited by colin007

Colin P.

Three majors and one PGA tour victory. Thats something. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Three majors and one PGA tour victory. Thats something. 

Yeah but I feel like he didn’t really hit his stride until right around last years USO. Then he was in contention at last years British and has posted a lot of big finishes albeit missing some time with injury. I think he’ll be a guy who wins 5+ majors and 20+ tourneys by the end of his career if he can keep it at this level for the next 10 years.

Edited by ChrisP

10 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I wouldn't kick Brook's girlfriend out for wearing muddy golf spines to bed....

I have about five "Tiger will get jealous" jokes, but I won't go there... :beer:

Note: This thread is 2088 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!