IGNORED

Great New Companies That Most Golfers Haven't Heard Of Yet

Foretheloveofgolf
Note: This thread is 2087 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm looking for recommendations on balls, grips, or other  types of equipment that you all like that are not from a big name company. Most people will use Taylormade, Titleist, Callaway clubs, etc. but there is a growing market for smaller name companies. For example, four years ago, not many people knew what Parsons Golf (PXG) was and now they have a dozen or more tour pro's on staff.

What recommendations do you all have?

Snell for golf balls.  I use the "Get Sum" ball;  it replaced the Bridgestone e6 in my bag.  I know others who have gone from ProV1s to their MTP ball.  

https://www.snellgolf.com

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

22 minutes ago, Foretheloveofgolf said:

For example, four years ago, not many people knew what Parsons Golf (PXG) was and now they have a dozen or more tour pro's on staff.

It helps the founder of PXG was founded by Bob Parsons, founder of GoDaddy. Not really small when you consider the person who founded the company. That would be like if Walmart started a small golf company. ;)

Golf Irons/Wedges: Edel
Golf Putters: Edel
Golf Balls: Snell, Vice
Golf Grips: Pure Grips

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I never heard of Cut golf balls until @billchao told me. No review yet though, got a box and will try next round. Great price though. Also, when I got the balls in the mail, while they came in boxes of three, they were not packed in boxes of 12, so less packaging, which is fine by me.

I'll second @saevel25, have bought many sets of Pure Grips.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I don't really think of Edel as a company no one has heard of, but yeah, I love my Edel putter.  I was nervous with it at first because I knew if I hit a bad putt, that was on me not the putter.  Eventually I came to become a good putter.  My only zero-strokes-lost putting round came with it too, and that was before I was a good putter :-) 

Pure Grips I keep meaning to get into.  I even bought a set and the gun but I didn't get the air compressor.  Anyone in So Cal want to let me use theirs to regrip a few?  ;-)  

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Nice thread ...

Balls: Snell - great performance and pricing, MTB, Get Sum

Fairways: Tour Edge Exotics EX10, or if on budget, Tour Edge Hot Launch 3 (hit them on a monitor and was surprised), HL 3 Irons, too.

Wedges: Edel, Artisan, New Level

Putter: Edel, TP Mills Custom, Directed Force Reno (it is a good putter but it overstates its claims)

Shaft: TPT Golf

Grips: Pure, Best Grips (leather), Lamkin (okay, well known but they are not Golf Pride), lots of Japanese Grips but not worth it, imho

Edited by Mr. Desmond
  • Like 1

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I forgot, from above - New Level Golf 902 Irons - a player's CB. good reviews

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

We should be seeing these guys at the Masters and The Open ......  real soon

2018-08-06 14_59_01-schwetty golf balls - Google Search.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bill - 

Fourteen makes a good wedge.   Or, so I've been told. 

• Like 1

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Note: This thread is 2087 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!