IGNORED

2018 BMW Championship - FedExCup Playoffs

Zeph
Note: This thread is 2064 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

35 minutes ago, iacas said:

PGA Tour rules say they can't play on Tuesday unless at least half of the field finishes the fourth round by the end of Monday.

It is a perfectly understandable rule for a normal pga event when there is another tournament starting on Thursday.  However, this is a playoff event with an off week coming up.  Rules or no rules, it is kind of ridiculous.  

John

Forecast looks more promising today. I'm not used to the US or international way of predicting weather, so I don't know how much they expect. In Norway we get predictions on how many millimeters are expected throughout the day, not the chance of rain. On the Norwegian site it doesn't expect a whole lot of rain today, so we might finally get some golf again.

bmwweather.png

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, SG11118 said:

It is a perfectly understandable rule for a normal pga event when there is another tournament starting on Thursday.  However, this is a playoff event with an off week coming up.  Rules or no rules, it is kind of ridiculous.  

I don't know. If they haven't been able to get the final round halfways done by Monday, things are really starting to drag out. Not only for the players and their team, but everyone running the tournament.

Still looks hopeful for a fourth round:

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
9 hours ago, SG11118 said:

They have families to get back to too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The golf channels coverage of the delay, etc has been abysmal.   This morning we were treated to an hour (6-7) of yesterday’s Golf Central. All old news.  Morning drive is now showing course clean up at an LPGA tournament from last year.    Zero info on status of tournament and wether players are actually on the course as scheduled.   

Seem s like once they have something in the can they have to show it, even if they overlook breaking news.

Someone invent an indoor golf course! 😜Like a retractable roof at the US Open.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Tiger's 1 back. :dance:

Packed leaderboard though.

Horschel, Rose at -17.

Woods, Bradley, McIlroy at -16

Na, Simpson, Fowler, Shauffele at -15.

I'm glad we got this final round.

Edit: And there's Tiger's first bogey... Poor shot from the tee, okay-ish approach, bad chip, putt didn't drop.

Edited by Zeph

With audio:

WORST PUTT OF THE YEAR!!! 😂

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

4 hours ago, iacas said:

They have families to get back to too.

That sure wasn’t a concern during residency.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Ummm....Tiger is one back! :-) 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Ummm....Tiger is one back! :-) 

Typo. Two back. 😄

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

Typo. Two back. 😄

:mad: Can he stop getting bogeys while I type!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Tiger seems to be coming up a bit short again. Running out of holes and a few too many bogies. Safely in for the Tour Championship though.

If Tiger's not putting too well, what's up with Rory? Here's the birdie attempts today that he's missed:

Distance in feet from hole: 14, 14, 18, 11, 19, 12, 17, 34, 6, 8, 8, 8.

A couple of them were from the fringe. 11/13 greens hit. Lost 3.2 strokes to the field today.

Edited by Zeph

Note: This thread is 2064 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!