IGNORED

Srixon Golf Balls

Note: This thread is 1920 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Srixon Trispeed. Best, -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I vassilate between z star and z star XV - I think I prefer the XV. They feel really nice when I strike them well

D: Ping G25 Stock S Shaft
3W: Titleist 915F 16.5* Diamana S70 Blue Stiff
3H, 4H: Callaway XR Project X LZ 6.0
5i-PW: Mizuno MP54 Project X 5.5 Shafts
52*, 58*: Mizuno JPX Wedge TT Dynalite Gold AP
Putter: Mizuno MP A306

played the regular q star quite a bit. performs decent for the price. never played the tour version but im assuming its slightly softer which will definately perform better on approach shots compared to the regular q star.

:tmade: M9.5* Kuro Kage Stiff
:nike: VR Pro 3 Wood 15* Project X 6.0
:nike: VR Pro 3 Iron Project X Rifle 6.0
:tmade: M4 4-6 Project X Rifle 6.0, M4 7-GW KBS Max 85
:cleveland: RTX-3 56* & 60*

Srixon fan here. I mainly game their Soft Feel ball

:cleveland: Launcher HB driver (9 degree), Launcher HB 3 & 5 woods,  4H Launcher hybrids, CBX 5-GW, 54 & 58 degree wedges, :cleveland: RHO 35” :srixon: Z Star XV 

Actually been switching back and forth between the z-star and MTB Snell ball. Both are very similar but I think the Srixon might go a little further off of the tee.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Played the QST again in 60 degree temps. It felt great and there was plenty of green side spin. At DSG, they have 6 ball trial packs at 10 dollars, which can't be beat. In the very cold weather, I will be going with the soft feel.

Edited by Sandhills Golfe

On 10/18/2018 at 1:38 PM, tehuti said:

I like the Soft Feel and I want to try the Q-Star.

I just bought some Q-Stars. Haven't played them yet but at my home course you need more spin around the green for better control so I'm starting to up my ball game..lol

:cleveland: Launcher HB driver (9 degree), Launcher HB 3 & 5 woods,  4H Launcher hybrids, CBX 5-GW, 54 & 58 degree wedges, :cleveland: RHO 35” :srixon: Z Star XV 

AD333's, UK equivalent to the Q Star. Pretty decent ball. I like to try different balls so not sure if i'll stick with them next year. Trying to go back to budget golf again.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

7 hours ago, vonbonds said:

I just bought some Q-Stars. Haven't played them yet but at my home course you need more spin around the green for better control so I'm starting to up my ball game..lol

Q Star or QST? You've got to try the QST for the green side spin. 

8 hours ago, Sandhills Golfe said:

Q Star or QST? You've got to try the QST for the green side spin. 

Baby steps, Q Star for now. I've played a few rounds with QST but that was before I started taking lessons.

• 1 month later...

I'll rain on this thread. I've never like Srixon golf balls. I never felt like their premium golf balls performed as well as other brands.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Ive played Srixons in the past.  Theyre good balls, nothing special though.  I used to be a big fan of the AD333 but havent exactly been overwhelmed by any of their newer offerings.

Note: This thread is 1920 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!