IGNORED

Camera Captures Caddie Pleading To Player To Take a Bogey

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1987 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is spoilers, caddie convinces him to punch out, and player does a bad job of it, rolling into the rough, but made bogey. And maybe I'm being biased here, but I wonder if a US broadcast, the announcers would be talking over this conversation, because hearing it in full, without any commentary, is the best way to handle this imho. There are times to be Roy McAvoy and there are times not to be Roy McAvoy.

http://www.nedbankgolfchallenge.com/players/2018/wu0001/

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• nevets88 changed the title to Camera Captures Caddie Pleading To Player To Take a Bogey

That’s a lot like the conversation that goes on in my head when I’m in trouble. Thanks for sharing!

Aloha,

iSank

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

Yeah, this is great. And you're right, @nevets88, American announcers would talk right over this. Faldo is especially bad at that.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

That is amazing.  This will help next time I need to remind myself to punch out.

• Like 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

11 hours ago, nevets88 said:

This is spoilers, caddie convinces him to punch out, and player does a bad job of it, rolling into the rough, but made bogey. And maybe I'm being biased here, but I wonder if a US broadcast, the announcers would be talking over this conversation, because hearing it in full, without any commentary, is the best way to handle this imho. There are times to be Roy McAvoy and there are times not to be Roy McAvoy.

http://www.nedbankgolfchallenge.com/players/2018/wu0001/

Even Roy McAvoy would have pitched back to the fairway.

9 hours ago, iSank said:

That’s a lot like the conversation that goes on in my head when I’m in trouble. Thanks for sharing!

Aloha,

iSank

Same with me!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Now that I am a better golfer than a decade ago and have a better chance (maybe 6% up from 2%) of pulling off the hero shot, I almost never attempt. Hence my scores are much lower and the blow up holes are fewer and farther between. 

• Administrator
17 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Yeah, this is great. And you're right, @nevets88, American announcers would talk right over this. Faldo is especially bad at that.

???????? 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

???????? 🙂

Meant American TV announcers... :whistle:

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I need a caddie like that.  My worst enemy on a golf course is me.  On Saturday, I shot 82 (+10).  That was with three (3) triples!!!  All because I tried to do hero shots after a bad tee shot on three holes. 

If I had just took my medicine and bogeyed those three holes, I would have shot 76.  

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Yukari said:

I need a caddie like that.  My worst enemy on a golf course is me.  On Saturday, I shot 82 (+10).  That was with three (3) triples!!!  All because I tried to do hero shots after a bad tee shot on three holes. 

If I had just took my medicine and bogeyed those three holes, I would have shot 76.  

This kind of stuff depends.

I almost never "take my medicine" and I often save par as a result. It's just a matter of knowing when you should play "that shot" that either saves you or spirals down.

For example, if I'm punching out of the left trees on a par five, and there's OB right, I'll often hit a big hook. I'd rather duff the shot and basically just barely roll it out into the fairway than flush it but not have it draw… that's OB. So I do everything to make sure it draws, even if that means de-lofting so much that it comes out rolling through the rough. But that ball will draw every time, dammit.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ah yes, the ever popular "hero shot"! Admittedly, anyone on a "Tour" anywhere in the world probably has a better chance of pulling one off than most of us.

My buddy has a bad case of hero-itis. He can be stuck dead 50 yards behind an 80 foot tall Oak and try to hit it over! Almost invariably it rattles around in the branches and ends up still in trouble. Of course, miracles do happen. The seeing eye ball that somehow negotiates that network of wood and leaves and comes out OK. This, then, becomes justification for the next attempt. 

Note: This thread is 1987 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!