IGNORED

ClicGear, Sun Mountain, CaddyTek???

Note: This thread is 1146 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Clicgear 3.5 owners: Is it my imagination but does the golf bag sit considerably more upright than with other pushcarts? I know with my crappy, but still functional pushcart the bag is really kind of at a 45° angle and to my eye with the Clicgear, looks like it's more like it's around 60°. Am I right or wrong about that?

Driver, 3W & 4 Hybrid: 2023 :titleist: TSR3 
Irons: 2020 :titleist: T300
Wedges: 2012 :callaway: XTour 56o & 2021 Jaws 60o

Putter: :odyssey: Marxman (Mallet) / :tmade: Juno (Blade) plus 7 or 8 others in a barrel in my basement

I can’t speak for the 3.5 but the Rovic sits up high.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

5 minutes ago, xrayvizhen said:

Clicgear 3.5 owners: Is it my imagination but does the golf bag sit considerably more upright than with other pushcarts? I know with my crappy, but still functional pushcart the bag is really kind of at a 45° angle and to my eye with the Clicgear, looks like it's more like it's around 60°. Am I right or wrong about that?

Yeah it sits up a little higher.  I like it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a Sun Mountain Golf - Micro 4 Wheel Push Cart that I bought used off of Facebook Marketplace.  I have absolutely no complaints about it.  I especially like how small if folds up when not in use.

• :callaway: Callaway Epic Flash Driver.  Epic Flash 3 Wood.  GBB Flash 5 wood.  Epic Flash 4 Hybrid
  • :cleveland: Cleveland Launcher HB Irons, 4 through PW. CBX2 Wedges, 54 & 60 degree.
  • :seemore:  Seemore Si1 putter.

• 1 month later...

I have been using the Clicgear 3.5 (the club has this brand for walkers). The two things that cause me concern is how my bag (with shoulder strap and retractable legs) is cradled in the bottom support. The bag hardware causes the bag to rotate in the support. Is this an issue with other push carts?

8 hours ago, dumbbunny said:

I have been using the Clicgear 3.5 (the club has this brand for walkers). The two things that cause me concern is how my bag (with shoulder strap and retractable legs) is cradled in the bottom support. The bag hardware causes the bag to rotate in the support. Is this an issue with other push carts?

It does in my Sun Mountain Microcart too. I think if you can align the straps correctly, it will reduce rotation.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

I use the "bag cozy" on my ClicGear carts and the bag doesn't rotate at all. You can also use a towel or something to help reduce/remove rotation.

Beyond that, yeah, what Scott said: you can reduce rotation if you put the bag in a certain way, or tighten the straps enough. But, yeah, some stand bags are going to want to rotate, because their balance point is off or something for the cart.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 hours ago, dumbbunny said:

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

It does in my Sun Mountain Microcart too. I think if you can align the straps correctly, it will reduce rotation.

57 minutes ago, iacas said:

I use the "bag cozy" on my ClicGear carts and the bag doesn't rotate at all. You can also use a towel or something to help reduce/remove rotation.

Beyond that, yeah, what Scott said: you can reduce rotation if you put the bag in a certain way, or tighten the straps enough. But, yeah, some stand bags are going to want to rotate, because their balance point is off or something for the cart.

Have you all tried this method for putting your stand bag on your ClicGear trolley? Back before I switched to a cart bag, I used this method and it worked like a champ. The bag didn't spin at all.

The video may make you nauseous as this guy really needs a tripod. But the method works great. IMO. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn0RJJjia9w

• Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Thanks for the tips. I will try the towel method today. That should also take up the slack in the tie-down straps (which probably "helps" the bag to rotate).

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, dumbbunny said:

Thanks for the tips. I will try the towel method today. That should also take up the slack in the tie-down straps (which probably "helps" the bag to rotate).

Why do you have slack? Tighten them up.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I don't know if that trick will work with all stand bags. Some might have the legs "kick out" quite a bit.

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Have you all tried this method for putting your stand bag on your ClicGear trolley? Back before I switched to a cart bag, I used this method and it worked like a champ. The bag didn't spin at all.

The video may make you nauseous as this guy really needs a tripod. But the method works great. IMO. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn0RJJjia9w

Thanks for posting. He’s watching hockey while filming! I’ve engineered a few things so it’s fine.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

47 minutes ago, iacas said:

Why do you have slack? Tighten them up.

I looked but I don't see any securing cinch to help take up the slack. These carts were given to us to use instead of golf carts during the closing of the course (COVID-19) so I didn't get a tutorial on the features. Maybe the staff can help me or another member. Thanks.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, dumbbunny said:

I looked but I don't see any securing cinch to help take up the slack. These carts were given to us to use instead of golf carts during the closing of the course (COVID-19) so I didn't get a tutorial on the features. Maybe the staff can help me or another member. Thanks.

Just move the ring.

4 hours ago, iacas said:

I don't know if that trick will work with all stand bags. Some might have the legs "kick out" quite a bit.

Maybe, but it worked well for me. I thought I'd pass it on. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

5 hours ago, iacas said:

I don't mind if the legs "kick out".  Then my set-up looks like a lunar lander and I'm Neil Armstrong.  Especially works well if I can hit "moonshots" with my driver.

• Like 1

I have a Sun Mountain Speed cart, and a Titleist Hybrid 5 bag. The spacing of the legs prevents the bag from fitting properly. Are there any other push carts that would be a better fit for this bag?

• 2 months later...

I have the caddytec 4 wheel...the side pockets of my ogio convoy rub against the front wheels (which are set at their widest)...something I hadn't thought about with a 4 wheel cart.

Note: This thread is 1146 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!