IGNORED

Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Image result for most vulgar character

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

My reaction to reviews so far:

Spoiler

Wow, the reviews coming in are just... brutal. Please be wrong critics.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

My reaction to reviews so far:

Hide contents

Wow, the reviews coming in are just... brutal. Please be wrong critics.

You don't have to hide the fact that the early reviews are NOT favorable.

That's not a spoiler.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

25 minutes ago, iacas said:

You don't have to hide the fact that the early reviews are NOT favorable.

That's not a spoiler.

Thanks for the heads up. I got ding'd for that elsewhere, so playing it safe.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I will be seeing it Friday. No the early reviews have not been kind. Have to see it to the end. It can’t possibly be worse than the last jedi. Fingers crossed at least. Maybe just maybe #9 will make it all work. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Nope. I am not reading posts on this topic until I watch the movie this weekend. I even convinced my wife to watch it with me for the first time - the force was with me on this one.

Edited by Nave

Nave

Watching it pretty soon. Please don't be bad.

Steve

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Watching it pretty soon. Please don't be bad.

Too late. It's bad.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Too late. It's bad.

You've seen it?   I was hoping for an improvement.    

I won't be able to see if for awhile. 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

You've seen it?   I was hoping for an improvement.

No. I just trust the reviews.

Soon though.

The reviews have not been kind. I will see it for myself tomorrow. Expectations are very low. Disney could pull off a complete useless trilogy. Sad. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Too late. It's bad.

You mean like everything since ep 3? Rogue 1 was ok, but honestly they are just burning it to the ground. I'd say that I won't see it but I'd be lying

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

• Administrator

Gruber liked it.

Up to 86% on RT for audience.

Time will change my opinion but my initial reaction is it wasn’t as bad as all the reviews made it out to be, but I wasn’t floored by it. 

Steve

I wonder how many of the reviews are just because the market is saturated with Star Wars and Disney? I also wonder if negative reviews are more prevalent due to social media. the loudest voices always seems to be the most negative. 

really, there was only one exceptional Star Wars movie. 4 good ones, 1 OK one, 1 meh one, and 1 to never be watched again. I feel like the love for Star Wars rose out of this nostalgia that wasn’t really backed by an overly consistent product. 

maybe people have their nitpicking meters tuned up to 11 for everything. Star Wars are fantasy movies. They are not overly complex. If the characters are good, the acting is good, and the plot isn’t garbage, then it’s a good movie. Simple plots, which every Star Wars plot has been, is not garbage. I don’t feel like the last two Star Wars movies has transgressed so far away from what is Star Wars that it deserves this level of hate. 

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Star Wars are fantasy movies. They are not overly complex. If the characters are good, the acting is good, and the plot isn’t garbage, then it’s a good movie. Simple plots, which every Star Wars plot has been, is not garbage. I don’t feel like the last two Star Wars movies has transgressed so far away from what is Star Wars that it deserves this level of hate. 

This is pretty much how I feel about Star Wars. I like the movies, but I like the fantasy setting it created more than the movies themselves. Some of my favorite Star Wars adaptations were video games created in those settings. The movies themselves have never done that much for me.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Star Wars are fantasy movies

No!

2 hours ago, billchao said:

This is pretty much how I feel about Star Wars. I like the movies, but I like the fantasy setting it created more than the movies themselves. Some of my favorite Star Wars adaptations were video games created in those settings. The movies themselves have never done that much for me.

These are documentaries! It says so in the introduction!

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

These are documentaries! It says so in the introduction!

Even though they say in a Galaxy far far away, they never claim that it's in our universe. It could be an entire different universe just in that universes galaxy far far away 😛 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 1566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!