nevets88

Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

79 posts / 12396 viewsLast Reply

My reaction to reviews so far:

Spoiler

Wow, the reviews coming in are just... brutal. Please be wrong critics.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

My reaction to reviews so far:

Hide contents

Wow, the reviews coming in are just... brutal. Please be wrong critics.

You don't have to hide the fact that the early reviews are NOT favorable.

That's not a spoiler.

25 minutes ago, iacas said:

You don't have to hide the fact that the early reviews are NOT favorable.

That's not a spoiler.

Thanks for the heads up. I got ding'd for that elsewhere, so playing it safe.

I will be seeing it Friday. No the early reviews have not been kind. Have to see it to the end. It can’t possibly be worse than the last jedi. Fingers crossed at least. Maybe just maybe #9 will make it all work. 

Nope. I am not reading posts on this topic until I watch the movie this weekend. I even convinced my wife to watch it with me for the first time - the force was with me on this one.

Edited by Nave

The reviews have not been kind. I will see it for myself tomorrow. Expectations are very low. Disney could pull off a complete useless trilogy. Sad. 

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Too late. It's bad.

You mean like everything since ep 3? Rogue 1 was ok, but honestly they are just burning it to the ground. I'd say that I won't see it but I'd be lying

Time will change my opinion but my initial reaction is it wasn’t as bad as all the reviews made it out to be, but I wasn’t floored by it. 

I wonder how many of the reviews are just because the market is saturated with Star Wars and Disney? I also wonder if negative reviews are more prevalent due to social media. the loudest voices always seems to be the most negative. 

really, there was only one exceptional Star Wars movie. 4 good ones, 1 OK one, 1 meh one, and 1 to never be watched again. I feel like the love for Star Wars rose out of this nostalgia that wasn’t really backed by an overly consistent product. 

maybe people have their nitpicking meters tuned up to 11 for everything. Star Wars are fantasy movies. They are not overly complex. If the characters are good, the acting is good, and the plot isn’t garbage, then it’s a good movie. Simple plots, which every Star Wars plot has been, is not garbage. I don’t feel like the last two Star Wars movies has transgressed so far away from what is Star Wars that it deserves this level of hate. 

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Star Wars are fantasy movies. They are not overly complex. If the characters are good, the acting is good, and the plot isn’t garbage, then it’s a good movie. Simple plots, which every Star Wars plot has been, is not garbage. I don’t feel like the last two Star Wars movies has transgressed so far away from what is Star Wars that it deserves this level of hate. 

This is pretty much how I feel about Star Wars. I like the movies, but I like the fantasy setting it created more than the movies themselves. Some of my favorite Star Wars adaptations were video games created in those settings. The movies themselves have never done that much for me.

3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Star Wars are fantasy movies

No!

2 hours ago, billchao said:

This is pretty much how I feel about Star Wars. I like the movies, but I like the fantasy setting it created more than the movies themselves. Some of my favorite Star Wars adaptations were video games created in those settings. The movies themselves have never done that much for me.

These are documentaries! It says so in the introduction!

2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

These are documentaries! It says so in the introduction!

Even though they say in a Galaxy far far away, they never claim that it's in our universe. It could be an entire different universe just in that universes galaxy far far away 😛