IGNORED

What club would you grab if someone was robbing you?

jakepalm
Note: This thread is 3954 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Say you are at home and your house gets broken into and you are being robbed; and while looking for your defensive weapon, the first group of blunt objects you see is your golf bag. What specific club would you pull out and arm yourself with in this situation?

We must harness the crystiles.

:tmade: Nubbins B7 Putter

:tmade: r7 460 Graphite Driver

I keep a 6i next to my bed.  Something like a putter or wedge would probably be better.  You want something short a stiff.

• Upvote 1

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My 870.  As in Remington 870.  I don't bring golf clubs to a gun fight.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

I'd pop out the ol' Cleveland sand wedge. Its hard and blunt.

We must harness the crystiles.

:tmade: Nubbins B7 Putter

:tmade: r7 460 Graphite Driver

After hefty dose of pepper spray I would finish the job with a wedge.

Driver:     TaylorMade Jetspeed, stiff

Fws:        Taylormade RBZ 5 wood

Hybrids:   TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 rescue 3H

Irons:      Callaway X2 Hot Pro

Wedges:  Cleveland CG16 54*/14

Ping Glide WS 58*

Putter:     TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs

a club i normally never use. the old leather wedge

puma's

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Originally Posted by minitour

The one that says "Smith & Wesson" on it somewhere.  Screw the golf clubs, I've got a family to protect.

This is the right answer.  And my wife will have her "club" too......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by Rfordeagle

Ahhh nice guys.  Lets turn this into a gun debate.  I'll bite.  Nobody should have guns.  Ok, fire away!

I fail to see where there is a "debate" taking place

I woulda grabbed my PW, or my 5i ( i hate that club anyway)

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Originally Posted by Mac62

My 870.  As in Remington 870.  I don't bring golf clubs to a gun fight.

LOL, ditto. My golf clubs are in my locker at the course, but my Kimber 45 is either on my hip or on my nightstand.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Tour Stryker

That's a good one!

Originally Posted by NM Golf

LOL, ditto. My golf clubs are in my locker at the course, but my Kimber 45 is either on my hip or on my nightstand.

Its amazes me how our culture varies across the states.  I grew up in NY and have lived in DC and its suburbs for almost a decade.  In my entire life, I don't know that I've seen a gun that was not (1) held by law enforcement; (2) a relic (my dad has a 1862 Springfield rifle and father in law has a Luger); (3) in a store display; or (4) at a gun range.

In DC, its legal to have a gun in your home, but not outside your home (concealed or not).  Its up to you to figure out how to get it there without breaking the law.

Not trying to debate merits of gun control, I just find the variation in culture to be fascinating.  I would probably feel a bit unnerved if I saw a regular joe walking down the street with a gun, just because its not something I'd be used to.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Originally Posted by dsc123

Not trying to debate merits of gun control, I just find the variation in culture to be fascinating.  I would probably feel a bit unnerved if I saw a regular joe walking down the street with a gun, just because its not something I'd be used to.

You would be even more unnerved if instead of a regular joe it was a criminal that was intending to use the gun to rob you.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3954 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!