Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FlappyGilmore

Have you ever hit a caddy with your club out of anger?

23 posts in this topic

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Why would you hit your caddy or anyone with a club?

I would think you would end up in jail for that.

To tell you the truth, I've never even SEEN a caddy.  I seem to live in the land of electric carts, but I've never hit one of them with a club on purpose either.

Seriously, I would think that would be grounds for a pretty serious assault and battery charge, and I would think immediate expulsion from the club for the culprit.

My caddies know that I will wrap my club around their necks if they ever give me an incorrect yardage.

I make sure to hit them once, before the round even starts, just to set the tone.  After that they pretty much stay in line.

My caddies know that I will wrap my club around their necks if they ever give me an incorrect yardage.

I make sure to hit them once, before the round even starts, just to set the tone.  After that they pretty much stay in line.

Chuckle.  I didn't think the OP was serious about the question and this answer was very appropriate for that.

The only chance I will hire a caddy is at Pebble Beach (if I ever decide to play there) and I will make sure I will start him with a good punch to his gut to set the tone.  Hey, if I am paying that much money for a round .....

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am reminded of a story I read in a Lewis Grizzard book. According to the story, Lewis was playing in Scotland, at St. Andrews I think, and having a bad day. He said to his caddy, "You must be the worst caddy in all of Scotland." The caddy replied, "Sir, that would be too great a coincidence!"

I am reminded of a story I read in a Lewis Grizzard book. According to the story, Lewis was playing in Scotland, at St. Andrews I think, and having a bad day. He said to his caddy, "You must be the worst caddy in all of Scotland." The caddy replied, "Sir, that would be too great a coincidence!"

Haha!

Ask Bubba Watson he's been closer than most

One time playing with a caddie I hit 7 iron from 160 yards and stuck it to about 5 feet. A couple holes later I was sitting at about 162 yards and the caddie recommended I hit a 7 iron again. This time it only went about 90 yards straight right into a pond. I proceeded to brutally beat my caddie with said 7 iron for improper yardage. Unbelievable that the guy could be 70 yards off on my yardage! :pound:

It only happened once, when he posted a silly hypothetical on a golf website. I figure that he really only needs three fingers on a hand to grab a bag or a club and now he won't waste so much time on a computer keyboard.

I've beaten at least two caddies at my home course.  Think that is why all the caddies run when I pull in the parking lot now?

I only know one guy that has done much caddying.

I would guess that hitting him would be a huge mistake and might be detrimental to your golf game and health. From the looks of him he would be a handful.

What a flippy - not flappy - post. Any chance Patrick is back?

What a flippy - not flappy - post. Any chance Patrick is back?

Yes, but not this guy.

What do you say to a caddy with 2 black eyes?

Nothing, you already told him twice.

Wait, shouldn't that be three times?  Maybe I'm a softy, but I give one warning first.