IGNORED

2014 Humana Challenge- Inside the Ropes Pics and Player swing videos

BENtSwing
Note: This thread is 3750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Pretty cool to see Gary Player and Jesper Parnivik (sp) out there. Brings back some good memories. Thanks for the Pic's Mike.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Still trying to figure out what kind of warm up/practice club Gary Player is using in some of the pictures

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

Well @saevel25 , perhaps you have some inside information that others lack when you make such comments. Have you taken a shower with GPlayer or do you just 'know' that he has no excess fat round his middle simply because he never before had one? There is no shame when age 75 to be a bit fat, nice love handles you know.

If you think he's fat, then your perception is way off.

Everyone knows that Gary Player is a work out fanatic. He was one of the pioneers in golf when it comes to working out and doing golf specific exercises.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Um, that is just his shirt overhanging his belt, not his stomach. Gary Player is probably more fit than half the PGA Tour and those guys are half his age ;)

Looks pretty good here

Great pics.  PGA West looks to be in immaculate condition.  It is always interesting to see the varied compositions of the tour players' bags.

Couple pics of La Quinta Country Club here, fairways are like carpet.  Too bad we can't get conditions like this in San Diego.  They just do a ridiculous amount of over-seeding.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Gary Player photos obviously Photoshopped. I mean who has ever seen a black golf ball?  OK, he ain''t very fat.

Seriously, this tourney is played on 3 courses, with amateur players each day?

Looks like a snake swallowed a small animal club. I guess it's weighted at the bottom?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Gary Player photos obviously Photoshopped. I mean who has ever seen a black golf ball?  OK, he ain''t very fat.

Seriously, this tourney is played on 3 courses, with amateur players each day?

There is a Pro-Am the first three days, then just the Pro's on Sunday.

Yes it is played on three courses.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

John Daly made a hole-in-one but didn't win a car

Quote:

I can't imagine a John Daly story having a strange twist to it, can you??

On Monday, while playing in the Humana Challenge pro-am, Daly made an ace on the par-3 No. 7 at the Nicklaus Private Course at PGA West.

An ace on that hole was supposed to win him a new Hyundai.

"I didn't even look at the shot," Daly told the San Diego Union-Tribune . "I leaned over to get my tee and was telling the Callaway representative that it felt pretty good. He said, 'Good, because it just went in the hole.'"

He also said he could get some run out of the new Hyundai.

"Trust me, with three kids I will put the new Hyundai to good use."

The shot came on his first swing with a new Callaway 9-iron, according to PGA.com . But that's not even the weird part!

Apparently the hole-in-one didn't count because it came after he hit a second ball.

I wonder who tattled on Big John. I wouldn't want to be around when he finds out.

Also, if Hyundai is smart they'll use the opportunity to give one of golf's biggest draws the car anyway and get some good publicity out of it.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator

The thing is it might not be up to Hyundai - even car companies might buy hole in one insurance.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

John Daly made a hole-in-one but didn't win a car

Quote:

I can't imagine a John Daly story having a strange twist to it, can you??

On Monday, while playing in the Humana Challenge pro-am, Daly made an ace on the par-3 No. 7 at the Nicklaus Private Course at PGA West.

An ace on that hole was supposed to win him a new Hyundai.

"I didn't even look at the shot," Daly told the San Diego Union-Tribune . "I leaned over to get my tee and was telling the Callaway representative that it felt pretty good. He said, 'Good, because it just went in the hole.'"

He also said he could get some run out of the new Hyundai.

"Trust me, with three kids I will put the new Hyundai to good use."

The shot came on his first swing with a new Callaway 9-iron, according to PGA.com . But that's not even the weird part!

Apparently the hole-in-one didn't count because it came after he hit a second ball.

I wonder who tattled on Big John. I wouldn't want to be around when he finds out.

Also, if Hyundai is smart they'll use the opportunity to give one of golf's biggest draws the car anyway and get some good publicity out of it.

Wait...so how did they not notice that it was his 2nd shot, at first?

Note: This thread is 3750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!