IGNORED

How fast do you play?

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 3304 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So over the years there have been a million bazillion quadrillion threads about slow pace. We are all super fast, "ready" golfers, on the Internet. :-D

But really, today I went to the course at 10:30 am and it was a slight drizzle of rain and 46*. Yeah we have all been there. We're there crazy, addicted to golf, practice/play at all costs kind of people.

Tee off 1 at 10:40 and finished 18 holes shooting a pretty normal score in one hour and 55 mins, with a cart as the only person on the course. So, how fast are you? I probably could've taken my time and avoided two quadruple bogeys, however it was raining and I did have a pretty bad sprinkler head bounce that lead to an OB tee shot. But I digress.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Being a high handicapper with little to no distance off the tee, 18 holes takes me about 2¾ hours. I played on my own recently and to be honest it was a nightmare.  Groups kept waving me through even though I was happy to play at my own pace, especially as I'm learning my craft.  Thankfully the shots I had to play whilst they waited for me to pass went ok and were not the usual duffers, when you can then see them looking at each other and thinking.....why the hell did we let this idiot through!?

Matt

Thankfully the shots I had to play whilst they waited for me to pass went ok and were not the usual duffers, when you can then see them looking at each other and thinking.....why the hell did we let this idiot through!?

1 golfer typically can play faster than 3 or more, so no worry about duffing one. It happens. You will eventually leave them in the dust with a few good shots. I shot an 89 today, so I wasnt really pleased with my round, but it wasnt terrible.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

I'm always the fastest in my group. I'm not a great golfer but I do understand ready golf and don't fart around. Alone on an open course? Easily under 2h for 18. Probably around 1:30. I do 18 on my par 64 executive course in about hour and ten.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

1 golfer typically can play faster than 3 or more, so no worry about duffing one. It happens. You will eventually leave them in the dust with a few good shots. I shot an 89 today, so I wasnt really pleased with my round, but it wasnt terrible.

It will be great when I can "leave them in the dust with a few good shots!"   It's only the second time that I have ever played on my own but it was a refreshing change, it was me versus the course and nobody else.  Obviously the course won but sometimes it's nice to just get away from it all and enjoy the peace and quiet!  89 is certainly not terrible especially if the weather was challenging!

Matt

[QUOTE name="kpaulhus" url="/t/81197/how-fast-do-you-play#post_1123984"]   1 golfer typically can play faster than 3 or more, so no worry about duffing one. It happens. You will eventually leave them in the dust with a few good shots. I shot an 89 today, so I wasnt really pleased with my round, but it wasnt terrible.  [/QUOTE] It will be great when I can "leave them in the dust with a few good shots!"   It's only the second time that I have ever played on my own but it was a refreshing change, it was me versus the course and nobody else.  Obviously the course won but sometimes it's nice to just get away from it all and enjoy the peace and quiet!  89 is certainly not terrible especially if the weather was challenging!

I love playing alone. I love playing with others too. I love playing.

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I love playing alone. I love playing with others too. I love playing.

Can't argue with that!  1½ hours for 18 is awesome by the way..............you must hit it miles!?

Matt

[QUOTE name="Ernest Jones" url="/t/81197/how-fast-do-you-play#post_1123995"] I love playing alone. I love playing with others too. I love playing.[/QUOTE] Can't argue with that!  1½ hours for 18 is awesome by the way..............you must hit it miles!?

I have decent distance, but that has little to do with it. It's all about being efficient and, when playing with others, playing ready golf and not dicking around.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

18 in a cart alone?  Under 1 hr. 15 min., although I don't bother to pull the flag when I putt alone.

I have decent distance, but that has little to do with it. It's all about being efficient and, when playing with others, playing ready golf and not dicking around.

Definitely this^ I'm no big hitter, and I play off 18 at the moment, but my regular 3 ball go round in 2.5 hrs on foot when we're first out, it's not so much about playing fast, it's just not playing slow, being ready to hit your ball and talk while ya walk is the key, stood around chatting on the tee or green should be illegal.

Gaz Lee

• Administrator

I've played in less than 1:45 or so by myself shooting 73 or whatever at Whispering Woods.

A year or two ago @mvmac and I played a fairly difficult course, played two holes twice, goofed around a little hitting some extra shots here and there, and were driving away from the course when we noticed it had been three hours since our tee time.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

A couple of times I've played with a cart by myself with no one to hold me up. Took me about 2 1/2 hours if I remember correctly. I'm not there to race around the course. I'm there to golf and have some fun. I usually walk and it takes me 3 1/2 hours.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

With no group in front, my wife and I play a round in about 3 hours.   By myself?  Less than 2 hours.    Add 15 minutes when walking.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

2hr mark is about right for me. Could do less but I usually hit some extra short game shots after completing each hole. Only real chance I get to work on bunker play so I take advantage

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

I don't usually use the motor cart when I'm alone. One exception was a Sunday morning in the fall when I'd promised my brother I'd watch football with him and kickoff is 1 p.m. As the first out of the gate and with my typical hacking in full evidence, I made it around in 2 hours flat.

Usually sub 2 hours for 9 holes walking if I am not held up by groups infront of me.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I play as fast as the group ahead of me. It's a really rare thing for me to ever play at a time where there's not a logjam ahead. If I'm playing by myself and trying to beat the sun during twilight, I'll knock out 9 holes in under an hour. But I'm basically jogging, figuring out my distances before I get up to my ball and I don't pull pins.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Me and my Son, play Ready golf. Alone, we can play 9 in about 1:15, with idiots in front of us, it usually goes to a bout 2 hrs +. At the local 18 hole course, a round will take up to 5 hrs, due to the amount of players on the course, and the fact that some of them can't hit a golf ball more than a 100 yards.

Note: This thread is 3304 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!