IGNORED

2015 BMW Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3141 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The 2015 BMW Championship will be played at Conway Farms Golf Club in Lake Forest, Illinois. The Tom Fazio-design will play as a par-71 measuring 7,198 yards for the event.

The field includes the top-70 golfers in the FedExCup Standings, playing for 30 spots in next week’s Tour Championship. Currently, Jason Day leads the pack, with Jordan Spieth and Rickie Fowler trailing, respectively. Henrik Stenson, who has finished second in both previous Playoff events, sits in fourth position, while Bubba Watson rounds out the top five.

http://www.pgatour.com/news/2015/09/16/fedexcup-top-5-bmw-championship.html

Thanks to the reseed in points after this week, any player who enters East Lake inside the top 5 and wins the TOUR Championship will automatically win the FedExCup and the periphery prizes that come with it (OK, you probably did know about the $10 million payoff to the winner).

Entering this week’s BMW Championship, the top five (in order) are Jason Day, Jordan Spieth, Rickie Fowler, Henrik Stenson and Bubba Watson.

Day and Spieth have separated themselves from the other three. Spieth’s total (4,169 points) is 671 points ahead of No. 3 Fowler.

So you can consider Day and Spieth as locks for two of the top five spots.

Mathematically, Fowler could drop as far as seventh this week. But if recent history means anything, you can consider the Deutsche Bank champ as an unofficial lock. In the last six years of the FedExCup Playoffs, none of the top three seeds entering the BMW Championship have fallen outside the top 5.

Realistically, just two spots are up for grabs – and one will likely go to the BMW Championship winner, provided that player is not already in the top 5.

Seeds No. 4 and No. 5 at the BMW Championship since 2009

Year

No. 4 seed/Ranking entering East Lake

No. 5 seed/Ranking entering East Lake

Jimmy Walker

6th

Matt Kuchar

8th

Matt Kuchar

5th

Graham DeLaet

7th

Brandt Snedeker

5th

Louis Oosthuizen

6th

Luke Donald

4th

Brandt Snedeker

6th

Jason Day

6th

Luke Donald

7th

Zach Johnson

4th

Scott Verplank

8th

In five of the first eight years of the Playoffs, the BMW Championship winner came into the week ranked outside the top 10 in FedExCup points. Each time, the winner moved inside the top 5 by winning.

The most recent example was last year, when Billy Horschel came into the BMW ranked 20th, won the event and moved to No. 2 (and then, of course, completed the journey by winning at East Lake to claim the FedExCup).

Given his security inside the top 5, Spieth – who has yet to claim any FedExCup points in the Playoffs, having missed the first two cuts -- said he can take an aggressive approach this week. Or, as he calls it, a “free-rolling scenario.”

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Saw the pro am practice round today.  Looking forward the first round tomorrow!

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

This weekend I am going to my first ever PGA tour event, the BMW Championship. Does anyone have any tips to get the most out this experience? Also, I would like to try and get some autographs, but I'm unsure of how to go about doing this. Keep in mind I'm 16. Thanks.

This weekend I am going to my first ever PGA tour event, the BMW Championship. Does anyone have any tips to get the most out this experience? Also, I would like to try and get some autographs, but I'm unsure of how to go about doing this. Keep in mind I'm 16. Thanks.

For autographs just hang out near the putting green or where the players come off the 18th green.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I see Jason Day hasn't lost a step.

Of the three in the marquee group, it seem Spieth is the short hitter.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Jason Day must really like the new TaylorMade driver. He's already put it in the bag and after that 361 yard drive I'm sure he will keep it there until 4 months later when they release their new model.

[QUOTE name="ccotenj" url="/t/84500/2015-bmw-championship-discussion-thread#post_1201112"] 59 watch![/QUOTE] He needs 5 birdies in his last 7 holes... That bogey hurts his 59 chances.

4 in 6 now... :dance: yea, a bogey is tough to overcome...

Looks like Day is running away early.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Criminy, Jason.  Golf much lately?

and Jordan with the Ace

a TON of players at -2

should be a fun one, course looks gorgeous

SERIOUS weather on the way too looks like.  It just hit here and we just got the edges of it and it was strong

Bill - 

Criminy, Jason.  Golf much lately? and Jordan with the Ace a TON of players at -2 should be a fun one, course looks gorgeous SERIOUS weather on the way too looks like.  It just hit here and we just got the edges of it and it was strong [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/132218/] [/URL]

those greens are SO pure... just once, i'd like to putt on greens that good... re: weather... :bugout:

Good to see Jordan back playing well again. Guess the break was just what he needed.

that ace he made seemed to click the switch... he has played like "jordan" again since then... that 3 wood day just hit into 8 was smoked... c'mon jason, hole it and give yourself a chance going to 18...

Note: This thread is 3141 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!