IGNORED

Will Jordan Spieth Come Back?

Vinsk
Note:Β This thread is 796 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

but you don't think he has changed mentally because of getting a life partner ?Β  (and it is a lot different from day to day challenges)

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, burr said:

but you don't think he has changed mentally because of getting a life partner ?Β  (and it is a lot different from day to day challenges)

No.

Not in ways that are relevant to golf.

His issues are almost entirely mechanical.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I haven't really watched golf in so long that I did not even knowΒ that he had fallen off.Β  Hopefully he's able to figure things out as he was fun to watch when he was playing well.Β Β 

Nate

:pxg:(10.5)Β :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI)Β :benhogan:Β Icon(4-PW)Β :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:PutterΒ :snell:Β MTB BlackΒ Β 

who was it that made the statement about the most important distance was the six inches between the ears ?Β  So his missing those pesky four or five footersΒ are not mental ?Β  Was reacting to his caddy in the USOpen not mental ?Β  Sure, his mechanics have developed a hitch but to take mental out of thisΒ game (even a pro) is rediculous.Β  Β 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, burr said:

who was it that made the statement about the most important distance was the six inches between the ears ?

Someone who was talking about eking every tiny little bit of performance out of his game, not turning a 79 into a 69.

We have plenty of topics here that discuss the mental game. Please search and find them.

1 minute ago, burr said:

So his missing those pesky four or five footersΒ are not mental ?

He's never been a good short putter. It's mechanical.

1 minute ago, burr said:

Was reacting to his caddy in the USOpen not mental ?

No. He did that shit - I'll repeat - when he was winning majors, too.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Well, I'm certainly no expert and I'll defer to @iacasΒ but I can't imagine that a lot of his trouble is mental. If he's having mechanical issues, it's almost certainly manifesting itself in mental stresses. My guess is he's suffering from both.

Β 

Β 

Big weekend for Jordan. Β He needs to get through roundsΒ 3 and 4Β without blowing up. Β Doesn’t have to win but needs to be in the top 5 to re-establish his confidence in the latter rounds.

John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 70sSanO said:

Big weekend for Jordan. Β He needs to get through roundsΒ 3 and 4Β without blowing up. Β Doesn’t have to win but needs to be in the top 5 to re-establish his confidence in the latter rounds.

John

Yep! He's having a great start, let's see if he can finish well. He seems to be in a pretty good mental state and swinging the clubs well.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Well the 74 on Saturday was not his worst 3rd round this season - maybe (hopefully) he's turning the corner. A round in the 60s today could be on tap. I'm going to the BMW next week and hope he and Tiger are both there.

Just an older guy with 7 or 8 Β clubs and a MacKenzie Walker bag

Β 

Jordan -3 for the day so far. Β If he can stay there or go a bit lower it will be a good tournament for Spieth. Β Something to build on.

John

We’ve all noticed this but damn. Weekends are just killing Spieth. Jordan is 4th for best scoring average on weekdays and the 4th worst for weekend scores.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

8 hours ago, Vinsk said:

We’ve all noticed this but damn. Weekends are just killing Spieth. Jordan is 4th for best scoring average on weekdays and the 4th worst for weekend scores.

Lay off the tequila on Friday nights Jordan!

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

35 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Lay off the tequila on Friday nights Jordan!

Lol...probably more like Laffy Taffy and Sprite.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 8/6/2019 at 10:59 AM, burr said:

who was it that made the statement about the most important distance was the six inches between the ears ?Β  So his missing those pesky four or five footersΒ are not mental ?Β  Was reacting to his caddy in the USOpen not mental ?Β  Sure, his mechanics have developed a hitch but to take mental out of thisΒ game (even a pro) is rediculous.Β  Β 

If memory serves, it was Robert Tyre Jones, otherwise known as Bobby! Not that bad a golfer.Β 

The thing about golf is mechanical stuff can get to be mental. Spieth seems like he's riding a roller coaster now. Up and down, up and down! He plays great one day, and like crap the next! The cause may be mechanical but the effect is mental. Look at how he berates himself after a poor shot.Β 

Considering how incandescent his career looked just a few years ago, it has to feel like Hell just scuttling along. I guess it can depend on your expectations for yourself. Once you're on top, you might feel like you should stay there. And when you don't, doubt creeps in.Β 

And then, there's this other guy. He's a Tour pro who graduated from a local high school, and who's career I follow. The closest he's come to winning is finishing tied for 3rd at the Valero this year. I've heard the TV commentators express surprise that he hasn't won yet, since they believe he has the talent to do so.Β 

He just goes along making cuts, and finishing on the second or third page on the leader board. 3 years ago he won about $1.6 Mill. Last year about $1.8 Mill. This year over $2 Mill so far! And he goes into Medinah ranked 30th in FedEx cup points! OK, I guess I just pinpointed him for you.Β 

I don't know if this guy honestly wants to be up there with the DJ's, and Rory's, or Jordan's or Justin's! He's making a nice life for himself and his wife, and stashing the bucks.Β 

2 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

If memory serves, it was Robert Tyre Jones, otherwise known as Bobby! Not that bad a golfer.Β 

The thing about golf is mechanical stuff can get to be mental. Spieth seems like he's riding a roller coaster now. Up and down, up and down! He plays great one day, and like crap the next! The cause may be mechanical but the effect is mental. Look at how he berates himself after a poor shot.Β 

Considering how incandescent his career looked just a few years ago, it has to feel like Hell just scuttling along. I guess it can depend on your expectations for yourself. Once you're on top, you might feel like you should stay there. And when you don't, doubt creeps in.Β 

And then, there's this other guy. He's a Tour pro who graduated from a local high school, and who's career I follow. The closest he's come to winning is finishing tied for 3rd at the Valero this year. I've heard the TV commentators express surprise that he hasn't won yet, since they believe he has the talent to do so.Β 

He just goes along making cuts, and finishing on the second or third page on the leader board. 3 years ago he won about $1.6 Mill. Last year about $1.8 Mill. This year over $2 Mill so far! And he goes into Medinah ranked 30th in FedEx cup points! OK, I guess I just pinpointed him for you.Β 

I don't know if this guy honestly wants to be up there with the DJ's, and Rory's, or Jordan's or Justin's! He's making a nice life for himself and his wife, and stashing the bucks.Β 

Not sure why you felt you couldn’t name him.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

And then, there's this other guy. He's a Tour pro who graduated from a local high school, and who's career I follow. The closest he's come to winning is finishing tied for 3rd at the Valero this year. I've heard the TV commentators express surprise that he hasn't won yet, since they believe he has the talent to do so.

He just goes along making cuts, and finishing on the second or third page on the leader board. 3 years ago he won about $1.6 Mill. Last year about $1.8 Mill. This year over $2 Mill so far! And he goes into Medinah ranked 30th in FedEx cup points! OK, I guess I just pinpointed him for you.

Andrew Putnam is 30th.

Ryan Moore was the only player to finish 3rd at Valero this year.

So yeah, you should've just named him.

Note:Β This thread is 796 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!