IGNORED

2019 PGA Championship

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 minutes ago, RemyM said:

Except for some maintenance roads there are no cart paths on the black.  It is a walking only course for everyone. Daly could possibly be the first person who will play that course with a golf cart.  Even if a group pays the outrageous fee to hold a shotgun start they can use carts to get to their starting hole but have to leave them there and walk the round with a caddie.

If Daly is trucking around in a cart leaving deep ruts in the fairways then it’ll be time to just tell him to WD. I mean I can see the cart use being granted but I don’t think he’s big enough of a draw and I think he should’ve respectfully bowed out of playing since he can’t walk the course. Pretty silly that he’s playing imo.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, Hardspoon said:

That thread is cracking me up, btw.

Lol yeah I got a good laugh too. Though it did remind me of the quote:

”Slander is the tool best used by those that lost the debate” Some people just can’t have a debate with attacking the person behind the argument...

Anyways...I agree that Black isn’t all that good of a course from an architecture standpoint. Probably great for what the US Open desires to be, but I was surprised it was selected for the PGA. I would think Erin Hills would one day make a great PGA venue...but hosting in May would be tough I guess. 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Hardspoon said:

That thread is cracking me up, btw.

The main article, while over 15 years old, is an Interesting read:

https://golfclubatlas.com/courses-by-country/usa/bethpage-black/

"The Black relentlessly asks the golfer to hit high long irons.  The option of a run-up shot is regrettably absent for a course that is both long and exposed to the wind."

Right.

I don't think BPB is a great course. I just don't. It's boring to me. "Scale!" So what?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I’ve played Bethpage many times on WGT golf. So feel like I know the course. This was a really good video.

Hmmm... I think when I pre-ordered Tiger 12, it came with a free DLC of Bethpage Black.  Even still, I haven't played the course that much (I think I did in Tiger 04, which got me into golf in the first place).  Maybe I should fix that after golf practice this afternoon... 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

5 hours ago, Hardspoon said:

"The Black relentlessly asks the golfer to hit high long irons.  The option of a run-up shot is regrettably absent for a course that is both long and exposed to the wind."

Yuck! That would be terrible to play. I much prefer options, and options doesn't mean it's easy either. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Yuck! That would be terrible to play. I much prefer options, and options doesn't mean it's easy either. 

Oakmont is brutal… and also a much better course.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Right.

I don't think BPB is a great course. I just don't. It's boring to me. "Scale!" So what?

I've said a number of times in conversation to others, it's kind of like the Costco of golf courses. Big Box store-ish.

It's been raining non-stop here for almost a day, I bet a lot of plans to practice were squashed.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Nice short on how a little help from a PGA Professional can go a long way. Even if you don't set someone up for a PGA Tour career, you've given that person a chance at a fun hobby for life.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Steve

Elvis, is in the building.

• Like 1

Steve

• Like 1

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Steve

• Like 1

Steve

5 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Ack! Tommy Fleetwood is one of my faves. And I know Dan Carraher (Julian Suri’s coach). I’m going tomorrow with my 4 year old. Super excited. Will be keeping an eye out for both of these. I’m going Friday too on my own. Likely spend a little more time in the beer tent on Friday. Need to stay warm tomorrow!

• Like 1

OK, so that last Woods swing was 6th not 12. I forgot 6 had bunkers. So basically guessing he spent the day on the front 9. Guessing the big cat will be on the back 9 tomorrow.

Oops, wait, looks like he's scheduled for a press conference tomorrow morning, probably the lawsuit related to restaurant. Oh well.

Steve

Note: This thread is 1792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!