IGNORED

Golf Sunglasses - Under Armour Tuned or Something Else?

Note: This thread is 1679 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Okay there are a hundred other threads out there about golf sunglasses. But I'm starting a new one anyway. My son broke the golf sunglasses I literally had for almost 10 years. 

I am right now planning on buying a pair of Under Armour "Tuned" golf sunglasses. Price to quality to optics I feel they are really good. 
What do you all think?
Do you have any experience with the Under Armour "Tuned"?
Would you recommend something else? Why?

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I recommend Oakleys with the Prizm lens, but… they also tend to run $50+ more than the UA's you're considering.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

I recommend Oakleys with the Prizm lens, but… they also tend to run $50+ more than the UA's you're considering.

Do you use these as your everyday sunglasses as well? Or just when you golf? I had some at one time that were polarized and loved them, but my wife drove off with them on the back of her car one day and I never found them. I've been debating on getting another pair.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

• Administrator
Just now, TN94z said:

Do you use these as your everyday sunglasses as well? Or just when you golf? I had some at one time that were polarized and loved them, but my wife drove off with them on the back of her car one day and I never found them. I've been debating on getting another pair.

I wear glasses so no, I just use them when I'm outdoors for an extended period - teaching, playing, watching Natalie…

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 hours ago, iacas said:

^^^ This ^^^

I wear mine strictly for golf.  They stay in my bag.  

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I use Oakley for golf as well, but i prefer the thinlink frames instead of the flak jacket type i see most in golf. I think they're a little lighter and less intrusive on my face. I often wear them the entire round. Im actually not a fan Oakleys spec golf prizm lens, they make everything too bright and pink to me. I prefer their darker prizm Lens. I think they market it for runners or something. 

18 hours ago, David in FL said:

I wear mine strictly for golf.  They stay in my bag

I just upgraded my sunglasses. I went with Oakley and their golf specific lens.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Farangster said:

Lowes makes some nice UV protection safety glasses that look just as good as expensive sun glasses but only cost $18 or so

I've gone through many pairs of tinted safety glasses. The finish scuffs, scratches, and just kind of smears off easily. They get blurry over a short period of time and gives me a headache using them.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

any recommendations for non-polaraized sunglasses?

my swing thread

3-wood: 13* TEE CB4, mitsubishi 'ahina 80g x; 2-iron: 16* mizuno hi-fli, c-taper 130g; 3-pw: mizuno mp-5, c-taper 130g; 50/55/60: mizuno t7, c-taper 130g; putter: SC bullseye platinum flange (2001)

Before I had cataracts removed, and when I work glasses all the time, I got a pair of sun glasses from my optometrist called Cocoons.  Wrapped tightly around my glasses and even shaded around the sides.  Came in various darkness considerations.  Really helped a lot before my eyes cleared after surgery.  This is a suggestion for those who must wear glasses for vision.  Cheaper than buying new shades when prescription changes.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

8 hours ago, colin007 said:

The Prizm lenses come in both polarized and non polarized

I second Oakley Prizm lenses. I have prescription ones. They are not too dark and work great for finding the ball down range.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I thought I should circle back on this thread. Yes, I did end up getting the Under Armour “Tuned” Golf Glasses. I chose them over the Oakey Prizm Glasses for 3 reasons:

1 – As @iacas mentioned they are 50 dollars cheaper than Oakley Prizms.

2 – Everyone and their cat has Oakley Prizms…. I like to go with something a little unique. Although the Under Armour product is by no means rare.

3 – Okay this one is probably unique to me. I like to play an orange golf ball. IMO, The UA tuned is a little better at picking out the orange ball in the sky than the prizm. If I normally used a white ball, I may have made a different decision.

My review of UA tuned glasses.

• ·       They are great. I can’t think of a downside.
  • ·       Lightweight and comfortable.

• ·       The ball is clear as can be in the sky and on the ground.

• ·       They came with a wicked awesome, supper solid, really protective case. I can confidently keep these in my golf bag in the case without fear of them getting smashed.

Here’s a photo of me, from about 2 wees ago, wearing them on the course. Bonus points for anyone who can identify the course I’m playing here. (Hint: It ain't in Ohio.)

tuned.thumb.jpg.322ab109d30d882446edc02983f6af9d.jpg

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• 2 weeks later...

Oakley with the Golf Prism Lenses. Mine are prescription.

I also recommend Maui Jim as well.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 1679 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!