ChetlovesMer

Golf Sunglasses - Under Armour Tuned or Something Else?

28 posts / 5185 viewsLast Reply

Okay there are a hundred other threads out there about golf sunglasses. But I'm starting a new one anyway. My son broke the golf sunglasses I literally had for almost 10 years. 

I am right now planning on buying a pair of Under Armour "Tuned" golf sunglasses. Price to quality to optics I feel they are really good. 
What do you all think?
Do you have any experience with the Under Armour "Tuned"?
Would you recommend something else? Why?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I recommend Oakleys with the Prizm lens, but… they also tend to run $50+ more than the UA's you're considering.

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

I recommend Oakleys with the Prizm lens, but… they also tend to run $50+ more than the UA's you're considering.

Do you use these as your everyday sunglasses as well? Or just when you golf? I had some at one time that were polarized and loved them, but my wife drove off with them on the back of her car one day and I never found them. I've been debating on getting another pair.

Just now, TN94z said:

Do you use these as your everyday sunglasses as well? Or just when you golf? I had some at one time that were polarized and loved them, but my wife drove off with them on the back of her car one day and I never found them. I've been debating on getting another pair.

I wear glasses so no, I just use them when I'm outdoors for an extended period - teaching, playing, watching Natalie…

5 hours ago, iacas said:

^^^ This ^^^

I wear mine strictly for golf.  They stay in my bag.  

I use Oakley for golf as well, but i prefer the thinlink frames instead of the flak jacket type i see most in golf. I think they're a little lighter and less intrusive on my face. I often wear them the entire round. Im actually not a fan Oakleys spec golf prizm lens, they make everything too bright and pink to me. I prefer their darker prizm Lens. I think they market it for runners or something. 

18 hours ago, David in FL said:

I wear mine strictly for golf.  They stay in my bag

I just upgraded my sunglasses. I went with Oakley and their golf specific lens.

Lowes makes some nice UV protection safety glasses that look just as good as expensive sun glasses but only cost $18 or so

16 minutes ago, Farangster said:

Lowes makes some nice UV protection safety glasses that look just as good as expensive sun glasses but only cost $18 or so

I've gone through many pairs of tinted safety glasses. The finish scuffs, scratches, and just kind of smears off easily. They get blurry over a short period of time and gives me a headache using them.

The Prizm lenses come in both polarized and non polarized

Before I had cataracts removed, and when I work glasses all the time, I got a pair of sun glasses from my optometrist called Cocoons.  Wrapped tightly around my glasses and even shaded around the sides.  Came in various darkness considerations.  Really helped a lot before my eyes cleared after surgery.  This is a suggestion for those who must wear glasses for vision.  Cheaper than buying new shades when prescription changes.

8 hours ago, colin007 said:

The Prizm lenses come in both polarized and non polarized

I second Oakley Prizm lenses. I have prescription ones. They are not too dark and work great for finding the ball down range.

Okay, I thought I should circle back on this thread. Yes, I did end up getting the Under Armour “Tuned” Golf Glasses. I chose them over the Oakey Prizm Glasses for 3 reasons:

1 – As @iacas mentioned they are 50 dollars cheaper than Oakley Prizms.

2 – Everyone and their cat has Oakley Prizms…. I like to go with something a little unique. Although the Under Armour product is by no means rare.

3 – Okay this one is probably unique to me. I like to play an orange golf ball. IMO, The UA tuned is a little better at picking out the orange ball in the sky than the prizm. If I normally used a white ball, I may have made a different decision.

My review of UA tuned glasses.

• ·       They are great. I can’t think of a downside.
  • ·       Lightweight and comfortable.

• ·       The ball is clear as can be in the sky and on the ground.

• ·       They came with a wicked awesome, supper solid, really protective case. I can confidently keep these in my golf bag in the case without fear of them getting smashed.

Here’s a photo of me, from about 2 wees ago, wearing them on the course. Bonus points for anyone who can identify the course I’m playing here. (Hint: It ain't in Ohio.)

tuned.thumb.jpg.322ab109d30d882446edc02983f6af9d.jpg

same here for the Oakley flak jacket 2.0 w the Prizm lenses.  Excellent picture and really enhances greens when reading for a putt.  Love them