iacas

NHL 2019-20

86 posts / 11176 viewsLast Reply

So yesterday was the 40th anniversary of the Miracle on Ice, Ovechkin scored his 700th goal to become the 8th person in history to reach that milestone, but the biggest story of the night was about a 42 year old zamboni driver:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Man, I would have loved to have been at the Caps / Rangers game last night. 

cut.png

The NHL will pause the 2019-20 regular season due to the concerns of the coronavirus, the League announced...

They’re probably worried that Brad Marchand will spread it around the league by licking everyone 😜

10 minutes ago, billchao said:
cut.png

The NHL will pause the 2019-20 regular season due to the concerns of the coronavirus, the League announced...

They’re probably worried that Brad Marchand will spread it around the league by licking everyone 😜

Yup!

The should just award the cup to the team with the most points now. But Marchand would probably lick the cup too!

8 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Yup!

The should just award the cup to the team with the most points now. But Marchand would probably lick the cup too!

I guarantee he wouldn't be the first to do that.

24 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Yup!

That's a terrible idea. 

Besides the idea of Marchand spreading his cooties everywhere, you got historical precedent for not naming a champion. See the 1919 spanish flu situation.

5 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

That's a terrible idea. 

Besides the idea of Marchand spreading his cooties everywhere, you got historical precedent for not naming a champion. See the 1919 spanish flu situation.

It was a joke ya know!

2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

It was a joke ya know!

That's what you think.

You must not realize the darkness that lies in the heart of Skater-Man-Rat. 

1 minute ago, mcanadiens said:

That's what you think.

You must not realize the darkness that lies in the heart of Skater-Man-Rat. 

I live in Boston!😜

22 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I live in Boston!😜

Well somebody has to. It may as well be you.

I hope the season can be salvaged.  My team makes the playoffs only every twelve or fifteen years, so you have to grasp the opportunities when they arrive

I’m ok with it. My team isn’t playing for anything other than pride and development at this point.

They’re giving me the option to take the remaining tickets on my partial season plan and apply credit towards tickets for next season, which I elected to do rather than wait to see if I can make it out to the rescheduled games.

10 minutes ago, billchao said:

I’m ok with it. My team isn’t playing for anything other than pride and development at this point.

They’re giving me the option to take the remaining tickets on my partial season plan and apply credit towards tickets for next season, which I elected to do rather than wait to see if I can make it out to the rescheduled games.

Eh, my hockey team is in 1st place and they happened to win the Stanley Cup last June.  I grew up in St. Louis.  And the college basketball team I follow out here on the west coast is ranked #2... so I won't get to follow either through the championships.  That's marginally okay... I still have golf.

My Rangers were not going to win the Cup this year. They really had less than a 50/50 shot at making the playoffs. But they were a really fun group to watch. I was able to see them twice in person in the last month, and I was looking forward to the rest of the season but the next one will be here soon enough.

It was a very different feel to last nights exhibition games.   I miss the noise the most, but the empty arenas seem somewhat creepy.

Anyhoo, I'm glad the Oilers beat the Flames, even if the goalies had to bail the team out after the let off the gas after the first period.

3 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

It was a very different feel to last nights exhibition games.   I miss the noise the most, but the empty arenas seem somewhat creepy.

Anyhoo, I'm glad the Oilers beat the Flames, even if the goalies had to bail the team out after the let off the gas after the first period.

Was scanning the channels last night and saw Penguins v. Flyers (New). Wondered for a minute and then figured they had screwed up. Didn't realize till this morning that it really was a live game.

Kind of a NHL news desert around here. 

3 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Was scanning the channels last night and saw Penguins v. Flyers (New). Wondered for a minute and then figured they had screwed up. Didn't realize till this morning that it really was a live game.

Kind of a NHL news desert around here. 

Playoffs begin on Saturday, in case you were wondering.

On 4/7/2020 at 8:38 PM, commishbob said:

My Rangers were not going to win the Cup this year. They really had less than a 50/50 shot at making the playoffs. But they were a really fun group to watch. I was able to see them twice in person in the last month, and I was looking forward to the rest of the season but the next one will be here soon enough.

Bring on Carolina? :-\