IGNORED

Breaking Bad

Clubswinger21
Note: This thread is 3737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Charlie Rose - he had on Vince Gilligan the week before and then Gilligan and Cranston, Jessie and Skylar at the table:

http://www.charlierose.com/watch/60251484

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Quote:
She's the on-screen actor for our morality? The woman who supports her meth-dealing, murdering husband and launders his money when it works for HER? That's why people don't like her, she's a hypocrite. A miserable, perpetually-frowny, cheating, nagging hypocrite.

I still hate Skyler.

I watch new episodes with her in them. And except for the "I am the danger" speech, in re-runs, I'll continue to ffwd through them.

She's important, but that doesn't mean she's not totally ****ing annoying.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

I still hate Skyler.

I watch new episodes with her in them. And except for the "I am the danger" speech, in re-runs, I'll continue to ffwd through them.

She's important, but that doesn't mean she's not totally ****ing annoying.

Exactly. That's the role she's supposed to play. I think you're supposed to hate her, and in that sense, she's doing a good job as an actress.

I agree though...hate the bitch. lol

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Originally Posted by butt3r3dt0ast

Wow... Last night was crazy.

Yes...so great.

When he pulled the cigarette pack, I'm like "oooooh shit, the ricin!!!"...and I knew it was about to get real.

Also, the confession...so genius, so believable...so badass.

Ryan M

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

When he pulled the cigarette pack, I'm like "oooooh shit, the ricin!!!"...and I knew it was about to get real.

Also, the confession...so genius, so believable...so badass.

That ending happened sooo fast, it took me a second to realize what was going on. But damn, it was nuts!

"so genius, so believable...so badass" - exactly how I'd describe it. I was just in aw the whole time I was listening to that confession.

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

Ah, see...I got it right away. My buddy was confused and I'm like "THE RICIN DUDE, THE KID WALT POISONED...SHIT'S GONNA GET REAL!!!"

lol

Ryan M

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Ah, see...I got it right away. My buddy was confused and I'm like "THE RICIN DUDE, THE KID WALT POISONED...SHIT'S GONNA GET REAL!!!"

lol

The reason I was confused at first was because I remembered that Brock was poisoned by the flower and not the ricin. So I didn't see why Jesse thought the stolen ricin meant that Walt poisoned him, since ricin wasn't used. But then I realized that wasn't the point. It was the fact that Walt had manipulated Jesse into thinking he lost the ricin in conjunction with lying about who really  was behind the Brock incident.. Jesse finally realized that Walt was lying about everything.

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

^^ a lot of people didn't get it right away. There was an episode where Huel frisked Jesse at Saul's office in Season 4 I believe. As soon as Jesse saw his weed was lifted at the same place, with the same people he realized it had to do with Walt.

Plus Saul admitted Walt had him take it and didn't know what his intention was.

The only complaint I had about last nights episode is that in the flash forward of S:5 E: 9 they show Walt returning to his home that is clearly not damaged from fire. So its pretty obvious he doesn't set it afire.

Should have ended it with him speeding to the house or pulling up then cutting away.

Either way good stuff. Love this show

The only complaint I had about last nights episode is that in the flash forward of S:5 E: 9 they show Walt returning to his home that is clearly not damaged from fire. So its pretty obvious he doesn't set it afire. Should have ended it with him speeding to the house or pulling up then cutting away.

How is that a complaint though? They had Jesse douse the house in gasoline because it's setting up some sort of confrontation in the next episode. The house was torn up in the flash forward but it certainly didn't look like it had been set on fire. That means that someone (Walt, presumably) will prevent Jesse from lighting it on fire. Based on how pissed Jesse was at the end of the episode, it's probably not going to be a peaceful encounter. It's not like they're going to completely abandon the gasoline plot-point, it's going to matter to the next episode, and it makes more sense for them to end this episode with Jesse pouring gas all over the house than it would for him to do that the beginning of the next episode. Otherwise the week's delay would kill some of the momentum.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

agreed but it still just bugged me a bit, not a major complaint.

I agree with you that it is better for tv to show momentum into the next episode. But they could have done it by showing Jesse arrive, open the door, slam it, start walking furiously then cut. or any number of plausible endings.

Its evident there is an encounter. Walt, Walt Jr maybe? Its hard to tell what time it is. Seems like middle of the day. Skylar was busy at the car wash and Walt knew Jesse was coming.

Walt seems to be the one that would show up. Even in the preview for next week we clearly see Walt walking through his hallway, which is passed the living room with the gun he retrieved from the car wash Coke machine.

Originally Posted by jamo

How is that a complaint though? They had Jesse douse the house in gasoline because it's setting up some sort of confrontation in the next episode. The house was torn up in the flash forward but it certainly didn't look like it had been set on fire. That means that someone (Walt, presumably) will prevent Jesse from lighting it on fire. Based on how pissed Jesse was at the end of the episode, it's probably not going to be a peaceful encounter.

It's not like they're going to completely abandon the gasoline plot-point, it's going to matter to the next episode, and it makes more sense for them to end this episode with Jesse pouring gas all over the house than it would for him to do that the beginning of the next episode. Otherwise the week's delay would kill some of the momentum.

Many people are more than complaining about the FF. I agree with you, the FF doesn't ruin anything, there's still more for the FF to play out. WW might still have cancer - just because he has hair only means he's done with kemo, not that the cancer is gone. I just hope the FF isn't as bad as the FF of LOST. I don't think it will be, there's a lot less to deal with.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

My issue with the episode watching it in real-time was the confusion I had with the rapid pace of Pinkman connecting the dots so quickly.

First watch through had me believing that Pinkman simply thought the pack of Parliaments was placed onto him by Heull with a Ricin cig.  And I was under the impression that Pinkman was pissed because he thought Walt was trying to kill him by planting a ricin cig into his pack of cigs....

I actually had to watch it a few times before I truly understood that Pinkman realized that Walt poisoned Brock... And the problem I had with it, once I truly understood what happened, was how Pinkman would unravel that intricately wound ball of yarn so quickly.  I still don't get how he could figure out Heull lifted the Ricin cig, and then tie that back to Brock?

But then today... In writing this post... I stumbled across this:

http://www.vulture.com/2013/08/jesse-breaking-bad-ricin-cigarettes.html

The article brings a nice summary into play, and I had forgotten some of the plot twist with the ricin removal (Heull pulling the cig from Pinkman), and the manipulation of getting Jesse to believe Gus poisoned Brock.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

My issue with the episode watching it in real-time was the confusion I had with the rapid pace of Pinkman connecting the dots so quickly.

First watch through had me believing that Pinkman simply thought the pack of Parliaments was placed onto him by Heull with a Ricin cig.  And I was under the impression that Pinkman was pissed because he thought Walt was trying to kill him by planting a ricin cig into his pack of cigs....

I actually had to watch it a few times before I truly understood that Pinkman realized that Walt poisoned Brock... And the problem I had with it, once I truly understood what happened, was how Pinkman would unravel that intricately wound ball of yarn so quickly.  I still don't get how he could figure out Heull lifted the Ricin cig, and then tie that back to Brock?

But then today... In writing this post... I stumbled across this:

http://www.vulture.com/2013/08/jesse-breaking-bad-ricin-cigarettes.html

The article brings a nice summary into play, and I had forgotten some of the plot twist with the ricin removal (Heull pulling the cig from Pinkman), and the manipulation of getting Jesse to believe Gus poisoned Brock.

It was because Heull lifted the weed without Jesse knowing which made him realize that the day the ricin disappeared he was with Heull also. Those things probably led to the rapid associations since he was already having doubts about the sincerity and truthfulness of Walt.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

It was because Heull lifted the weed without Jesse knowing which made him realize that the day the ricin disappeared he was with Heull also. Those things probably led to the rapid associations since he was already having doubts about the sincerity and truthfulness of Walt.

But why does he associate that with Brock, and them to walter? I know Jessie thought Brock got a hold of the ricin, but the doctor told him it wasn't ricin. And then Jessie found the ricin in the roomba, albeit with Walters help. Shouldn't that have severed any connection between the ricin and Brock in Jessie s mind?

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Note: This thread is 3737 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!