IGNORED

Perfection

phedrick
Note: This thread is 1733 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What makes the perfect round of golf for you?  Score, companionship, etc?

• :callaway: Callaway Epic Flash Driver.  Epic Flash 3 Wood.  GBB Flash 5 wood.  Epic Flash 4 Hybrid
  • :cleveland: Cleveland Launcher HB Irons, 4 through PW. CBX2 Wedges, 54 & 60 degree.
  • :seemore:  Seemore Si1 putter.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sunny day, very little wind, lots of anticipation, good golfing buddies, cart girl hits on me, the Italian Sports Drink doing its job and shooting a one-under 71.  Coming home (or to the nearest watering hole) for a celebratory gin & tonic.  BBQ chicken that evening.  Perfect.

• Thumbs Up 1

If I'm out golfing, it's perfect.  I'm not good enough to get upset for more than a few seconds, and after a serious health scare three years ago, I really just appreciate the time.  Blue sky and green grass don't hurt, but I'm not too picky!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, jlbos83 said:

If I'm out golfing, it's perfect.  I'm not good enough to get upset for more than a few seconds, and after a serious health scare three years ago, I really just appreciate the time.  Blue sky and green grass don't hurt, but I'm not too picky!

Well said.  Nothing like a health scare to make you appreciate the small things... even a triple bogey.  I'm betting you appreciate all kinds of small things.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Well said.  Nothing like a health scare to make you appreciate the small things... even a triple bogey.  I'm betting you appreciate all kinds of small things.

Quite true.  Sometimes the golf is better, sometimes it's worse, but it's all perfect!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, jlbos83 said:

Quite true.  Sometimes the golf is better, sometimes it's worse, but it's all perfect!

I decided not to wait for a health scare to appreciate the small things... life is in the details...

• Thumbs Up 1

Temperature in the 50's...a bit of wind...and an empty golf course.  It doesn't happen often but I relish the experience when it does.  Yeah...I should move.  That isn't an option just now.

• Thumbs Up 1

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Seeing a high, long (for me) little draw from the fairway....Time after time. The ball in flight inspires. Best, -Marv 

• Thumbs Up 1

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

The perfect round for me would include good company, good ballstriking, scoring well, and good weather, in that order.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Good company, a good score, on, or near my target score, and no lost balls. Hell, even bad company is not that big of deal.

Maybe at least one really great shot helps. 

A good looking, friendly cart girl with super cold drinks is also a plus.  

Edited by Patch
  • Thumbs Up 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator

Being near or under par, with good weather, some good friends, on an enjoyable golf course.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Good company, good ball striking, good course, good weather....

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women.

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Nice day with good company, on a nice course at a good pace where I’m scoring well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 1733 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!