IGNORED

Lexi T Travel Fail

CarlSpackler
Note: This thread is 1727 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lexi left her passport in her golf bag which was being transported with other players clubs to the Women's Open. Oopsie.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Great...here comes the ‘I’m saddened by all the bad remarks about my honest mistake’ bs victim comment.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

When I travel abroad, the passport is on me at all times. How can she be so careless?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Her mistake affected some 30 other players with heavy delays which prevented them from a practice round Monday.    Reading the article, the driver should not have waited and then she would have been the only one inconvenienced.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

35 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Great...here comes the ‘I’m saddened by all the bad remarks about my honest mistake’ bs victim comment.

Yep. She’ll likely get on social media and say she’s taking a break from social media to get her life in order. 

I am baffled at her decision to put her passport in her golf bag.  I would think she would keep it with her travel bag rather than the golf bag.

May be it was just a one time mistake.  But inconveniencing other players is a major PR mess.  She needs an assistant who can take care of her travel plans, and her PR in general, better.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

5 minutes ago, Yukari said:

I am baffled at her decision to put her passport in her golf bag.  I would think she would keep it with her travel bag rather than the golf bag.

May be it was just a one time mistake.  But inconveniencing other players is a major PR mess.  She needs an assistant who can take care of her travel plans, and her PR in general, better.

She's proven herself many times to be a really vile piece if work. A cheat who never owns her mistakes and looks to blame others.

Wow, you guys are harsh on her. She forgot to take her passport out of her golfbag. These things happen. I must be a vile person too then.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, MacDutch said:

Wow, you guys are harsh on her. She forgot to take her passport out of her golfbag. These things happen. I must be a vile person too then.

Things happen like deliberately cheating? You think these things "just happen"? Look at just about anything she's ever said. She's an entitled brat She's a cheat and a dishonest person. Look at what she even said last week at the Evian. She won't change because she can't learn.

Edited by leftybutnotPM

I'll give her the benefit of doubt. Things like this are easily done especially if said person is rushing/late or just plain stressed.

But, i agree the driver shouldnt have waited so the other players wouldn't have been affected to much. I just can't see anyone intentionally causing 30 or so players to miss a practice round, nut hey, maybe im just too nice a person :-D

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

4 hours ago, leftybutnotPM said:

Things happen like deliberately cheating? You think these things "just happen"? Look at just about anything she's ever said. She's an entitled brat She's a cheat and a dishonest person. Look at what she even said last week at the Evian. She won't change because she can't learn.

I think this is an unfair statement unless you have met her personally.

- Shane

The article should have read:

’Lexi forgets her passport and misses out on practice round.’

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

5 hours ago, MacDutch said:

Agree!

I’m not a fan of hers, but come on.  Shit happens.  There’s no need to pile on over this!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

7 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

I think this is an unfair statement unless you have met her personally.

The video of her cheating, the articles where she claims to have been treated harshly without ever admitting fault are enough evidence for me.

She represents everything that is wrong with women's golf in the U.S. 

1 hour ago, leftybutnotPM said:

The video of her cheating, the articles where she claims to have been treated harshly without ever admitting fault are enough evidence for me.

Why drag the rest of the LPGA and all women golfers in on this?  I know plenty of woman golfers and they are not like this. They are a lot of fun to play with. Don’t lump the rest in with your dislike of Lexi. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

7 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Why drag the rest of the LPGA and all women golfers in on this?  I know plenty of woman golfers and they are not like this. They are a lot of fun to play with. Don’t lump the rest in with your dislike of Lexi. 

That's a very fair comment. I mean the U.S. professional golfers who are focussed more on personal branding, Instagram and selfies than their golf. Lexi represents the worst of this trend.

Edited by leftybutnotPM

4 hours ago, leftybutnotPM said:

Wow...  

- Shane

2 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Wow...  

Yes. I meant a particular breed of LPGA player  - not U.S. women golfers in general and I corrected that.

Do you think that she represents something positive - given that she is a cheat and someone who deflects responsibility whenever her decisions are called into question?

Note: This thread is 1727 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!