IGNORED

TourStriker PlaneMate

iacas
Note: This thread is 1031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

23 minutes ago, DrvFrShow said:

It's a piece of gear, but it's more of an instructional piece of gear, so I put this here. So I figure Erik will move this if it's not appropriate. This is supposed to help people develop a proper swing plane. It's been out since July. I've seen Martin Chuck's video, and the TXG review which was positive. I'm wondering if anyone here has tried it, and if Erik has any thoughts about the idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_ii9zjre90

I’ve been working with it quite religiously for the past week. It’s helping me understand the backswing/transition point. I’m grossly untalented and have zero sense of proprioception to any degree of accuracy so it’s quite a workout for me. Some of my follow throughs have had me wrapped up in the bands like Wyle E. Coyote. 

It’s forced me to have feels I’ve never been able to generate on my own. It’s over priced as far as what it is, but I’m enjoying it and consider it the best aid I’ve used to date.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

I’ve been working with it quite religiously for the past week. It’s helping me understand the backswing/transition point. I’m grossly untalented and have zero sense of proprioception to any degree of accuracy so it’s quite a workout for me. Some of my follow throughs have had me wrapped up in the bands like Wyle E. Coyote. 

It’s forced me to have feels I’ve never been able to generate on my own. It’s over priced as far as what it is, but I’m enjoying it and consider it the best aid I’ve used to date.

I've gone back to basics. While my timing and tempo have always been good, my misunderstanding has been the drop from the transition into the downswing. I want to develop a better and consistent feel for that. This contraption looks like it might really help here. The pitching band for my lob wedge and then I play with one length irons for the rest of the set.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

1 hour ago, DrvFrShow said:

I've gone back to basics. While my timing and tempo have always been good, my misunderstanding has been the drop from the transition into the downswing. I want to develop a better and consistent feel for that. This contraption looks like it might really help here. The pitching band for my lob wedge and then I play with one length irons for the rest of the set.

I think it will definitely help with what you want to work on. I agree with Erik about following the protocol. Hell I even used it with one of our instructors at my club. I knew if I went at it alone I’d hurt myself or anyone nearby.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Not to belittle the device, since I've seen several different videos on it from several different online instructors and it appears it might be useful, but personally, I'm done with gizmos. I've got the Impact Snap, the Medicus, an impact bag and I've bought and returned for refund two or three others which at the time I bought them, were touted to be the latest and greatest training aid known to man. I know what to do. I know what the golf swing is supposed to feel like, but unless I can translate the golf swing from gizmo assisted to the golf course which takes, at least for me, lots and lots of repetitive practice, no piece of apparatus is going to help. YMMV.

Driver, 3W & 4 Hybrid: 2023 :titleist: TSR3 
Irons: 2020 :titleist: T300
Wedges: 2012 :callaway: XTour 56o & 2021 Jaws 60o

Putter: :odyssey: Marxman (Mallet) / :tmade: Juno (Blade) plus 7 or 8 others in a barrel in my basement

• Administrator
1 minute ago, xrayvizhen said:

Not to belittle the device, since I've seen several different videos on it from several different online instructors and it appears it might be useful, but personally, I'm done with gizmos. I've got the Impact Snap, the Medicus, an impact bag and I've bought and returned for refund two or three others which at the time I bought them, were touted to be the latest and greatest training aid known to man. I know what to do. I know what the golf swing is supposed to feel like, but unless I can translate the golf swing from gizmo assisted to the golf course which takes, at least for me, lots and lots of repetitive practice, no piece of apparatus is going to help. YMMV.

Uhm, okay?

Training aids work for a ton of people. Sometimes they're just sticks, or a traffic cone, or a tennis ball… but they work if you know what you're doing and use them properly.

Just because you've not enjoyed the four or six things you've ever bought doesn't mean they aren't good (or that you used them properly, or whatever).

Y'know?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 10/3/2019 at 5:03 PM, xrayvizhen said:

Training aids - Like Erik said there's a ton of them out there. They're tools. Alignment sticks are training aids. I measured my shoulder width and put electrical tape on mine so I know exactly where my shoulder width is. I also marked exact center of stance. It helps a lot because when you're practicing you need to stay focused on what you're doing.

Other training aids I've bought like a very short club that's a D5 swing weight. Why? I don't have high enough ceilings to use a club inside. But I can practice 5 minutes a day with this thing in front of a mirror. Take my stance, work on positions, weight shift and keeping myself from early extending through the impact zone. You know it actually helped more than going to the range and banging balls?

You can use alignment sticks and put them under your feet so you can feel the weight shift better.

Then there's the TourStriker Smartball. I've used that. It helped me on my short game.

I also have the Orange Whip. It helped me focus on where the club head was. Do I use it to do that anymore? No. I use it for warming up and stretching out my back now. 

I'm interested in this thing because I sometimes do go over the top and if can help me groove the drop and shallow move better it'll be worth it. I can always work with Tony with it, too - he's the pro I've been taking lessons from. I'm sure he won't object.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

On 10/3/2019 at 8:03 PM, xrayvizhen said:

unless I can translate the golf swing from gizmo assisted to the golf course which takes, at least for me, lots and lots of repetitive practice, no piece of apparatus is going to help.

Well...that’s exactly what this ( and others) is for. Many people can’t get the feel to be in the desired position without an instructor standing there or constant confirmation with video. This allows you to feel if you’re doing something wrong, too inside on the backswing, casting, no shallowing of the club. Repetitive practice is important but only if you’re repeating the proper movement. Which is exactly what this and other devices are for.

I wonder if Martin Chuck has like a backlog of ideas in his head. He always seems to consistently come up with new aids and they're good too.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I wonder if Martin Chuck has like a backlog of ideas in his head. He always seems to consistently come up with new aids and they're good too.

This one isn't really his idea.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12 hours ago, iacas said:

This one isn't really his idea.

Ah, I did not know that. Oh, I see what you mean I think, people have used bungee cords, jury rigged their own setup to do what the PlaneMate does and Chuck refined it. Like his SmartBall?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Ah, I did not know that. Oh, I see what you mean I think, people have used bungee cords, jury rigged their own setup to do what the PlaneMate does and Chuck refined it. Like his SmartBall?

No I mean it’s the other guy who primarily developed it.

• Informative 1

This reminds me of a conversation the other day on the practice tee before my Saturday morning pot game. A guy was telling us he just hooks a fishing lure to his privates and then ties it off to his golf hat. Helps to keep his head down I think.

Edited by Carl3

Just pre-ordered.

I would love to get in the business of making these aids. I don't know much about the swing compared to the pros on here, but I know a lot about design and prototyping. I've done some one-off type parts with friends (not for golf) and tons of conceptual CAD models. One of my buddies talked about using some of his shop equipment to do some one-off putters but we never got serious with it. Designing golf equipment would be a dream job for me.

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, The Flush said:

I pre-ordered one as well. Wish it could get here before January.

Good chance it may ship before January. Did you use the link(s) in the topic?

planemate_001.jpg

SOLD-OUT The Tour Striker PlaneMate is a GAME CHANGER. Pre-Order now to make sure you're part of the next wave! Estimated to start shipping out in early January.

https://www.tourstriker.com/product/planemate/?ref=750 

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Good chance it may. Did you use the link(s) in the topic?

planemate_001.jpg

SOLD-OUT The Tour Striker PlaneMate is a GAME CHANGER. Pre-Order now to make sure you're part of the next wave! Estimated to start shipping out in early January.

https://www.tourstriker.com/product/planemate/?ref=750 

Yes I followed your link to order it.

War Eagle!

• Administrator
Just now, The Flush said:

Yes I followed your link to order it.

Awesome, and thank you. I'll add time to your Supporter status.

Note: This thread is 1031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!