IGNORED

Bryson DeChambeau - Oy

ShawnSum

Another good read on Bryson's Masters prep. It is going to be interesting.

Bryson-1-e1604171482916.jpg?w=640

Bryson DeChambeau is bigger. He is stronger. And he’s still tinkering to crank up more power and speed. The reigning U.S. Open champion who goes by many names these days – Bison Bryson, the Incredi…

• Thumbs Up 1

Bench presses 295 although not part of his daily routine if I read that right.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Bench presses 295 although not part of his daily routine if I read that right.

Yes, Bench Presses are not a part of his routine, but he tried one out and decided not to incorporate them in his routine - too great a chance for injury. 

1 hour ago, MiuraMan said:

Yes, Bench Presses are not a part of his routine, but he tried one out and decided not to incorporate them in his routine - too great a chance for injury. 

Now I'm rabbit holing into MAT (Muscle Activation Technique) videos on YouTube, lol. So much talk about the end result but little into the details or maybe I just haven't been keeping up closely.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

5 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Now I'm rabbit holing into MAT (Muscle Activation Technique) videos on YouTube, lol. So much talk about the end result but little into the details or maybe I just haven't been keeping up closely.

I have also been trying to reverse-engineer this whole MAT stuff; so far nothing concrete. There are no practitioners that I can find on the east coast.

Interesting read on Bryson's wrist rotation: "His swing is a great example of release with a lot of wrist rotation through impact which allows him to maintain clubface control while having huge clubhead speed." 

Bryson-tiny-3.png

Understand how Bryson Dechambeau controls his clubface even when generating so much power

• Upvote 1

Sir Nick Faldo and DeChambeau talk distance.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Steve

I was watching JT Poston and he is very lanky and the opposite of Dechambeau. Poston's driving distance average is 306 which is long but I wonder if he can gain another 10 to 15 yards if he works out a little bit.

Edited by khalespace

Irons: 0.5 inch short and 2* Flat Mavrik 5 to AW (AW-105, PW-120, 9-135, 8-145) The lofts for these clubs are about 3* to 5* stronger  than standard.

Wedges: Mizuno MP-R series 52* and 56*. (80, 60)

Nickent: 4DX 2 hybrid 17* and 4 hybrid 23* (185 and 170 carry)

3 Wood: Tour Edge XGC 13* (195 carry)

Driver: Callaway FT IZ Driver 9* (210 carry, ~230 total)

Bryson DeChambeau was initially inspired by watching Kyle Berkshire, he of the long hair and youth, win the 2019 Long Drive Championship where his winning drive carried 400 yards, landing beyond the roll out drive of the other finalist.  They have never met but have spoken on the phone.  The young Mr. Berkshire has a powerful swing but his pre-swing waggle with his feet is most interesting.  Watch this and don't miss the final few seconds.  

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Bryson DeChambeau was initially inspired by watching Kyle Berkshire, he of the long hair and youth, win the 2019 Long Drive Championship where his winning drive carried 400 yards, landing beyond the roll out drive of the other finalist.  They have never met but have spoken on the phone.  The young Mr. Berkshire has a powerful swing but his pre-swing waggle with his feet is most interesting.  Watch this and don't miss the final few seconds.  

Yeah. Pretty much my wedge swing.

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

15 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

The word out of Florida is that you can hit your wedge 250 yards... no need for a driver.

Driver is great for my par 5’s....just struggle when I fly the green and hope to get up and down for eagle.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

20 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

The word out of Florida is that you can hit your wedge 250 yards... no need for a driver.

Problem is @Vinsk hits it that far from greenside bunkers...

• Like 1

Colin P.

What do you think happens if Sungjae Im bulks up like Bryson? 

Edited by khalespace

Irons: 0.5 inch short and 2* Flat Mavrik 5 to AW (AW-105, PW-120, 9-135, 8-145) The lofts for these clubs are about 3* to 5* stronger  than standard.

Wedges: Mizuno MP-R series 52* and 56*. (80, 60)

Nickent: 4DX 2 hybrid 17* and 4 hybrid 23* (185 and 170 carry)

3 Wood: Tour Edge XGC 13* (195 carry)

Driver: Callaway FT IZ Driver 9* (210 carry, ~230 total)

20 hours ago, khalespace said:

What do you think happens if Sungjae Im bulks up like Bryson? 

Basically unknown because it depends on how it affects his ability to rotate/stretch, could hurt his game. There's obviously more to it than just adding weight or adding muscle/bulk.

What's impressive about what Bryson has done is that his mechanics have improved and he can still move really well. 

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram