IGNORED

Who Is this Golf Announcer?

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1580 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have no bloody idea. It's not like I can run him through Soundhound. I don't watch enough Euro Tour events to know who the regulars are.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sounds like he's from Africa.  There aren't any elephant grave yards in Australia or New Zealand.  Pay particular attention to how he says "where".  It has a slightly South African flavor.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

7 minutes ago, Piz said:

Sounds like he's from Africa.  There aren't any elephant grave yards in Australia or New Zealand.  Pay particular attention to how he says "where".  It has a slightly South African flavor.

It's Gary Player!

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

It's Gary Player!

Holy shit!  It pays not to overthink these things.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I was just kidding... since you think he's from South Africa.  Not Gary...

Dang it.  It also pays to not think too much of yourself.  I get those things confused sometimes.

Tony Johnson?  He's Zimbabwean...which could explain the difficulty.

In der bag:

You guys are way way off. The wrong continent. His name is Wayne O’Reilly.  Known as “Radar”. European tour winner 2 or 3 times. Better career as commentator than as a golfer. He is what is called a “character”- and in an idiom from his home country “as mad as a box of frogs”. Australian 

GettyImages-1134992383.jpg

12 Things You Didn't Know About Wayne Riley - Take a look at these 12 things you didn't know about...

• Informative 1

Stevie T

44 minutes ago, Beastie said:

You guys are way way off. The wrong continent. His name is Wayne O’Reilly.  Known as “Radar”. European tour winner 2 or 3 times. Better career as commentator than as a golfer. He is what is called a “character”- and in an idiom from his home country “as mad as a box of frogs”. Australian 

GettyImages-1134992383.jpg

12 Things You Didn't Know About Wayne Riley - Take a look at these 12 things you didn't know about...

Dump DL III, we’ll take him.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

Dump DL III, we’ll take him.

Then he'll help announce the Masters and get in trouble for a colorful comment about the speed of the greens... 😊  Or he'll talk about the left side of #13 being a place where green jackets go to die.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leftybutnotPM said:

You aren't way off, but you are wrong.

It is Wayne Riley

I was hoping it would be O'Wayne Reilly....

Colin P.

5 hours ago, leftybutnotPM said:

You aren't way off, but you are wrong.

It is Wayne Riley

My humble thanks 🙏. I’ll blame the phones text engine for incorrect prediction........ if you will believe that.

Stevie T

• 1 month later...
Note: This thread is 1580 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!