IGNORED

LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

On 12/15/2023 at 3:32 PM, chspeed said:

Aren't we all. Everyone's got a price 🙂

Alot of stuff going on in your head, at best I'm assuming you need to improve on your method of communication, because repeatedly you "seem" to miss the point. Perhaps if you laid the groundwork better, thereby supporting the conclusions. Just a thought.

1 hour ago, Mike Hitman said:

Alot of stuff going on in your head, at best I'm assuming you need to improve on your method of communication, because repeatedly you "seem" to miss the point. Perhaps if you laid the groundwork better, thereby supporting the conclusions. Just a thought.

Thanks, I think you're right. I don't come across well in this forum which I've noticed it over the years. I keep forgetting, so I go through short spurts of posting. I wish there was a read-only mode that wouldn't allow me to post. 😄

• Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
3 hours ago, chspeed said:

Thanks, I think you're right. I don't come across well in this forum which I've noticed it over the years. I keep forgetting, so I go through short spurts of posting. I wish there was a read-only mode that wouldn't allow me to post. 😄

You’re totally fine as long as you post something like that. Just say “Yeah sorry I read that wrong.” Nobody will fault you for that.

There's no tone of voice in plain text, and because I need it so often, we try to give people the benefit of the doubt here.

That said, this wasn't entirely a tone thing. He said he was just talking about the golf. 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I’m getting pretty tired of LiV and the PGA tour but

The world No 4 criticised the ‘arrogance’ of PGA Tour management but said he has no plans to join LIV...

Stevie T

• 3 weeks later...

Rory is sounding conciliatory and took some shots at the Tour. I don't know what that means going forward. I hope he doesn't join LIV. It is a flawed, unwatchable product. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bill M

Rahm in Hawaii recruiting. Expect more top PGA pros to move to LIV.

On 1/4/2024 at 11:21 AM, phan52 said:

Rory is sounding conciliatory and took some shots at the Tour. I don't know what that means going forward. I hope he doesn't join LIV. It is a flawed, unwatchable product. 

I agree. But team golf could work if that is what a creator wanted. But it requires fan buy-in to the team. That's created by geographical and/or philosophical connections. LIV hasn't understood that, big fail.

Edited by Mike Hitman

4 hours ago, Mike Hitman said:

How do you know he is recruiting? 

How do you know LIV has extended offers to any other players?

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

On 1/4/2024 at 2:21 PM, phan52 said:

He knows that would be final nail. Only the die hard sponsors would hang around.

If that happens and I were a LIV guy, I'm thinking I will be playing on the PGAT soon enough. 

Vishal S.

3 hours ago, klineka said:

How do you know he is recruiting? 

How do you know LIV has extended offers to any other players?

I could have known, first hand or my comment could just be a prediction. To answer your question, in this case, just a (fun) prediction. Now, if more go and to Rahm's team in the next month, I'll consider my prediction spot on 😎 ! With his money, why else would he be there? 

I also believe it won't take many more players to break the dam. If the players or management on either side smell that,? Look out! Would you take 50 million now, if you thought everyone would be back playing together in 12 months?

Edited by Mike Hitman

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Mike Hitman said:

in this case, just a (fun) prediction.

That wasn't a "prediction," and none of it's fun.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

11 hours ago, Mike Hitman said:

I agree. But team golf could work if that is what a creator wanted. But it requires fan buy-in to the team. That's created by geographical and/or philosophical connections. LIV hasn't understood that, big fail.

He doesn't have to recruit, the fact that he joined is recruitment enough. The entire golfing world knows about LIV and how much money there is to be made. He could whisper into Zingers ear now that hes out of a job. He could pal around with Feherty.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, snapfade said:

He doesn't have to recruit, the fact that he joined is recruitment enough. The entire golfing world knows about LIV and how much money there is to be made. He could whisper into Zingers ear now that hes out of a job. He could pal around with Feherty.

Yep. Dirty, sports washing money from a murderous regime. Fun!

And the PGA Tour, like so many others, will have to take some of their money soon too so they can continue to exist. Double fun!

LIV Golf rebel Patrick Reed was landed with a major bill as a Jacksonville federal judge dismissed his lawsuit for a second time, while ordering to pay legal fees and costs

Ha Ha.

• Funny 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

On 1/14/2024 at 10:41 AM, snapfade said:

LIV Golf rebel Patrick Reed was landed with a major bill as a Jacksonville federal judge dismissed his lawsuit for a second time, while ordering to pay legal fees and costs

Ha Ha.

Aw poor guy.  Can't catch a break.

On 1/14/2024 at 10:41 AM, snapfade said:

Ha Ha.

I dislike articles/websites that post articles like that. Based on that headline I would expect to see a rough dollar amount that Patrick Reed has to repay as a result of the decision.

How do the authors of the article know the sum of money Reed has to pay constitutes a "huge financial blow" ?

The guy has earned over $38M just on the PGA Tour alone, even if he had to pay $500k in legal fees (just a random number), that's not what I would consider a "huge financial blow" to someone who likely has a net worth in excess of $100M. 

Also the amount of ads on that site is absurd. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• Administrator
54 minutes ago, klineka said:

I dislike articles/websites that post articles like that. Based on that headline I would expect to see a rough dollar amount that Patrick Reed has to repay as a result of the decision.

IANAL — @DeadMan could answer this — but I think the flow is:

• They're ordered to pay the legal fees of the Brandels, etc.
  • The Brandels, etc. of the world file to say "here is what our legal fees have been to this date, including the fees involved in putting this document together."
  • They're given x days to pay that amount, if the judge doesn't see something unreasonable.

So, they are likely putting together their $ figure.

59 minutes ago, klineka said:

How do the authors of the article know the sum of money Reed has to pay constitutes a "huge financial blow" ?

Because it's going to be seven figures? Maybe eight? He sued a lot of people. Plus he has Klayman's fees himself.

Adrian Meronk, who was controversially left on the European Ryder Cup team, is the latest to join the LIV Golf league.

Article also states Terrell Hatton kicking LIV tires as well.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

8 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Adrian Meronk, who was controversially left on the European Ryder Cup team, is the latest to join the LIV Golf league.

Article also states Terrell Hatton kicking LIV tires as well.

Will Ferrell Elf GIF by filmeditor

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave