IGNORED

LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

• Administrator

Oy.

1654682340500.jpeg

Speaking publicly for the first time since his self-imposed break from the game, Phil Mickelson explains what he’s done the last four months and why he’s ready to come back to golf now

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well there’s two more I can root against next week.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Any validity to these articles? It seems a new one pops up every few minutes. Fowler, Reed and DeChambeau now all linked to “imminent” LIV league. I assume not the 1st tournament since it starts tomorrow. Maybe today they actual players will confirm. No idea really. Odd few days. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Geez, Bryson flipped on his own statements even faster than DJ did.  Less than a week ago he was saying it wasn't worth the risk

-Eric

• Administrator

I think there's roughly a 0% chance all of those players do this. C'mon.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Sad to see Uihlein on the list. His dad was Chair of Accushnet. I know he’s hasn’t had a great career, but he was local.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Look at all the really cute team names and logos.

It's only a matter of time before half of you guys will be wearing Niblicks GC logo golf shirts. We also got a Cleeks GC. Figure that will be a big-time rivalry.

But maybe my favorite is this beauty. This is the logo for Fireballs GC. Captained by world-renowned steward of golf, Sergio Garcia. 

FIREBALLS GC

• Funny 1

2 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

It's only a matter of time before half of you guys will be wearing Niblicks GC logo golf shirts. We also got a Cleeks GC. Figure that will be a big-time rivalry.

But maybe my favorite is this beauty. This is the logo for Fireballs GC. Captained by world-renowned steward of golf, Sergio Garcia. 

FIREBALLS GC

NBA 2K Expansion team-ass logo

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Will Sergio be able to hack up the greens with his temper tantrums in this new format?

Scott

My Swing Thread

6 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Will Sergio be able to hack up the greens with his temper tantrums in this new format?

We can only hope.

What would be super cool is if they put names and numbers on the back of the shirts. The guys can chip in and get your that Fireballs shirt with Garcia, #1 and the Captain C for Christmas or something. 😉

Edited by mcanadiens

PGA Tour events usually have some charity associated. Any such affiliations with the upcoming LIV events?

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

PGA Tour events usually have some charity associated. Any such affiliations with the upcoming LIV events?

The Saudi Government is their charity.

16 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

We can only hope.

What would be super cool is if they put names and numbers on the back of the shirts. The guys can chip in and get your that Fireballs shirt with Garcia, #1 and the Captain C for Christmas or something. 😉

What in the world will the sponsorships look like?   Companies have paid for logo placement.   Wonder how this is going to play out?

—Adam

1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

The only sport in the world where the ONLY criteria for choosing your favorite team is by picking a favorite color or logo.  The entire fan base can be like my 6 year old daughter watching football - "I hope the purple team wins."  Because there is no other constant in these teams....they're not tied to a specific location, the players will change teams every single tournaments, as far as I can tell even the captains aren't guaranteed to be the same for each tournament.

But its only a matter of time before households are divided....if you're not a Crushers fan, you're dead to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Eric

The captains will be the constant on the teams correct? Every tournament they draft?

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

25 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

The captains will be the constant on the teams correct? Every tournament they draft?

I don't think anyone knows....maybe if they're in the field?  But there is no guarantee they play all 8 events.  Even if they intend to, injuries and illness happens....so if something keeps them out of the field, I expect just someone new will be assigned as captain.

And as bigger names (Bryson and Reed?) join LIV for future events, they may be designated captains spots....so someone like Wade Ormsby may lose his team and get drafted somewhere else

I think it was said earlier in here, they're just making it up as they go along, and that feels pretty accurate

-Eric

I don't think I will miss Reed and Dechambeau on the PGA Tour. I liked watching Bryson because of his extreme pursuit of distance, but I find him profoundly annoying otherwise.

Meanwhile, Phil is saying that he "does not condone human-rights violations" while taking bags of money from one of the worst human-rights abusing governments in the world. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

5 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

I don't think I will miss Reed and Dechambeau on the PGA Tour. I liked watching Bryson because of his extreme pursuit of distance, but I find him profoundly annoying otherwise.

Meanwhile, Phil is saying that he "does not condone human-rights violations" while taking bags of money from one of the worst human-rights abusing governments in the world. 

Reed can go build sand castles in the Saudi Arabian desert (I know they are playing a lot of places, but can't resist)

Bryson can now ponder whether this is "hurting his brand".   Although taking the money and running means he doesn't have to worry about the burden of sponsors and making cuts to make a living.

Mickelson gambled away a lot of his money, but his morals too.  Good riddance!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

—Adam