LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

12 hours ago, Aguirre said:

Clay Travis is a giant piece of shit.

even this is too nice of a thing to say about clay travis

truly a chode for the ages

• Like 1

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Stenson is acting all surprised, indignant and pissed off about losing RC captaincy but didn't think of checking before signing up with LIV. That's either really dumb or he is fake raging.

Yes and no. He would have known the risk, and probably realised that that's why Liv were willing to offer him a lot of money. However he tried to  organise it such that his playing commitments wouldn't clash with his responsibilities as captain. Even still, he would have known that this would likely still not be enough, but did so in order that he could highlight that his being dropped was down to political/monopolistic reasons rather than logistical ones. 

I'd say both have a case to answer - golf fans will be the ultimate loser.

Good for Charles.  The detail that LIV didn't make him an offer is one thing, but my head canon for the situation is going to be that he was insulted by being paired with Sergio.  But for real, his gratitude for Turner NBA is nice to see.   Admittedly, I don't think I've ever watched a basketball game he called, but it's still nice to see. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

35 minutes ago, jbishop15 said:

even this is too nice of a thing to say about clay travis

truly a chode for the ages

I had to look him up.  After deleting the browser tab, I bleached my screen.    Seriously, a pudding strike?  And that’s almost funny compared to some of the other stuff. 

—Adam

• Funny 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Just saw a bunch of 911 protesters on the Golf Channel. They said none of the golfers would look them in the eye, and Trump said nobody knows who is responsible for the 911 attacks. I guess it  was just a coincidence that 15 out of 19 were Saudi. I guess the truth is defined by cash.

3 hours ago, Shindig said:

Good for Charles.  The detail that LIV didn't make him an offer is one thing, but my head canon for the situation is going to be that he was insulted by being paired with Sergio.  But for real, his gratitude for Turner NBA is nice to see.   Admittedly, I don't think I've ever watched a basketball game he called, but it's still nice to see. 

When you don't divorce your wife because the cutie you wanted to have an affair with wasn't interested.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

4 hours ago, Moxley said:

Yes and no. He would have known the risk, and probably realised that that's why Liv were willing to offer him a lot of money.

Right, so he could have picked up the phone and asked instead of making assumptions - but IMO he didn't want to know the answer.  

his being dropped was down to political/monopolistic reasons rather than logistical ones. 

Where's the need to point it out? Of course it is 'political' and for the right reasons. Many have tried to accuse monopolistic reasons but it hasn't pass the smell test.

golf fans will be the ultimate loser.

Speaking for myself, don't care that much about Stenson, but in general, yes.  

Screw him. Screw them all. 

Vishal S.

• Administrator

Can anyone make it past a minute without muting or moving away from your computer?

d38f3318-2a7f-4b81-962f-5dfc2dff8718-pro

️ Golfer watches fake golf and real golf at same time !promo !thrive !discord !pod !dono

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Bubba makes it official:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cgm3SEArLJF/

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

I have no idea if this site is any good at all, so take it with a healthy dose of salt, but it made me chuckle:

GettyImages-1411504579.jpg

Trump's use of the presidential seal at his New Jersey golf resort continued during the Saudi-backed LIV tournament despite federal law and multiple complaints.

And, though it's about a politician, it's not political per se. Keep on the correct side of the line.

• Administrator
  • Funny 3

3 hours ago, Sandy Divot said:

15 out of 19

And the mastermind was Saudi.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

47 minutes ago, iacas said:

I have no idea if this site is any good at all, so take it with a healthy dose of salt, but it made me chuckle:

GettyImages-1411504579.jpg

Trump's use of the presidential seal at his New Jersey golf resort continued during the Saudi-backed LIV tournament despite federal law and multiple complaints.

And, though it's about a politician, it's not political per se. Keep on the correct side of the line.

He’s done this for years, even in office.   You can’t use the seal of the Presidency like it’s somehow a part of your business ventures, or try to use it to sell stuff.   I think he has merchandise, or at least had, with the seal and that’s wrong too from what I know.  Don’t worry, I’m sure Greg Norman will set things straight….

—Adam

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, Sandy Divot said:

Check out his post about the shotgun start today. Sorry, but I don’t know how to share it.

You copy the URL and paste it.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Sandy Divot said:

You might have well be speaking Chinese.

In the time it took you to write those two posts you could’ve learned a useful new skill.

• Funny 4