IGNORED

I Got a Fitting Yesterday

WarrenB
Note: This thread is 1523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My wonderful wife suggested that I get new golf clubs. So I threw out a really big number I told her it could cost 5 grand. She looked at me and said honey you’re worth it go get what you want!  Well after I picked my jaw up I made an appointment.  
   I went to the Arkansas Golf Center in Conway Arkansas. The fitting was $75 with A $25 tip. And was a full bag fitting.  I thought my problem was age and needed lightweight graphite shafts for distance. I liked the ping g710 and the titliest AP3 and mizuno hot metals but was open to anything.  After. About 10 shots. mike told me don’t look at this shaft till I tell you just hit it. And we will start narrowing down heads.  I hit everything but it ended up as a choice between the Mizuno hot metals and the Ping G410 irons. I hit the Ping irons higher and farther with the same spin on average with the same shaft. So I picked them. I wanted 6 - sand wedge. With a hybrid as my 4 iron.  The power spec lofts fit me to allow me to keep my ping eye 2 sand wedge 57.5 degree. And have the lofts go down in good increments from there

i wanted a 4 wood because I have trouble hitting off the deck with my 13 degree callaway. I ended up with the ping g410 3 wood lifted up to 16 degrees. And my average carry was at 216 yards. With the matching hybrid carrying around 195. Everything was super solid 

I was handed the Ping G410 SFT driver and was getting tired but still managed to hit it average carry of 220 -230  I’m good with that  

I was finally allowed to look at the shaft and he had put me in a 130 gram Steel shaft with a heavy evenflow wood shafts and explained what the computer had shown him  I have a 90 mph 3/4 swing averages with an upright swing and a fast tempo  he explained the reason I was missing the weaker less heavy shafts was that I never gave the club a chance to catch up  and he was right   My dispersal pattern was about 1/3 of normal  the yellow dot helped   
      I picked g410 SFT driver $399   G420 SFT 3 wood $259   G410 hybrid /22 degrees $219   G410 irons 6-sw $ 787  and a new putter odyssey ten $299 B2C51553-34CC-4EF4-93DA-009C5C59926B.thumb.png.6ea3834e5184a328a042ed8c973ce4bc.png09B034FE-D8BC-473A-81CD-32DF6C0D363C.thumb.png.e1cf4536d5c7023caab29efd9c848b6f.pngwhich once shown the tech behind it I felt that I couldn’t miss align it  total out the door $2150  

For those of you that like to say I’m trying to buy a game   Please know  2200 bucks ain’t gonna kill me   I live on a golf course with a paid for home  am a member of the club  own 2 carts and we take golf trips  I live 300 yards from the driving range and practice a lot  and my 15 handicap is coming down  

In 34 years of playing golf this is the first time I have ever bought new clubs  and the fitting was an eye opener  my old clubs were set up completely opposite of what I needed  and I can’t wait till they come in  I’ve played ping eye 2 irons since I was 17 and love them  but I sure am looking forward to my sexy new sticks  thanks to my wonderful wife!!!!

1903AA08-DF3D-407B-9398-E62D2885B6DD.png

Wow nice wife! Mine let me buy a $35,000 camper, but it turned out she likes to camp just as much as I do. My golf purchases, however, must be on the DL.

Nothing quite like new clubs, especially if you get fitted correctly, it can make all the difference. Thank god I work at a golf course though. While $2 grand wouldn't break the bank, I've never paid retail for a golf club so I am one cheap SOB. $400 for a driver and $125+ a club for irons just makes me cringe. 

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for sharing your fitting experience. 

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

Good deal. I'm not married so can buy what I want but I'm a little too cheap for all that. I guess if you piece all together my clubs may approach $1500. But I buy irons, hybrids and woods at different times so it doesn't seem to hurt as bad. Ha.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Congrats on the new sticks, @WarrenB. So what did you buy with the remaining $2,800? 😜

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

@WarrenBCongrats on the new sticks. 

Sounds like you had a great experience. Your wife sounds like a keeper. Enjoy the clubs and time with the spouse. 

I would never say "You are trying to buy a better game", I have actually been fit for new irons last year. If freaking spring will ever get here I'm itching to get out there on the course and play them. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

21 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

If freaking spring will ever get here I'm itching to get out there on the course and play them. 

Don't jinx it dude!

@WarrenB

Remember you need to be patient adjusting to your new clubs. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

19 hours ago, WarrenB said:

My wonderful wife suggested that I get new golf clubs. 

Well worth it for her to get you out of the house for 4-5 hours when her boytoy comes over for a "visit

Enjoy the new clubs and have fun !!!

Edited by IowaGreg

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

Congrats @WarrenB! New clubs are just awesome. Once I’m back to full swings I think I’m gonna take the plunge, again. Enjoy those shiny new sticks!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

3 hours ago, Archie Bunker said:

Nice to have a set of shiny new sticks to enjoy. But now, the real question - will you come on back here and let us know if it improved your game? Or are you scoring just the same as before?

I am truly interested in that as well.  I hope his HC drops like a rock, and would love to hear feedback after 20 rounds or so.  I think it makes a huge difference, but like the golf swing, there is 'feel' of what  I think I may be doing and the reality of what is really occurring in my swing.  

In The Bag
Wishon 919 Driver 9.5
Wishon 4W 16.5
Wishon  21 degree hybrid
Sterling SL 6 - SW
Seemore CS FGP

• iacas changed the title to I Got a Fitting Yesterday
Note: This thread is 1523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!