IGNORED

2020 Masters (Patron-Free)

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

These really aren’t that bad, but still entertaining:

Thanks, I enjoyed that. I forgot how fun it is to watch tour pros look like amateurs. 

Golf is hard ®.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone else enjoy the sight of BDC being driven back to the tee to reload as much as I do?

Lee Elder to serve as honorary starter at 2021 Masters Lee Elder, the first Black golfer to compete in the Masters, will be an honorary starter for the 2021 tournament. Additionally, Aug

As long as I hear ‘ and another birdie for Tiger’ I don’t need any crowds. 😃

Posted Images

I think I’ve said this before in some other thread, and Tiger’s 10 had me thinking. Why in the hell does no one bail right of the green like toward the 13th tee? Like you know play a 10 yard draw off the 13th tee? I mean if you had to get it close, play a draw instead of a cut? I mean yes it would take a lot of balls to start a ball 10-15 yards right of the flag. If you draw it fine, if you don’t it’s dry every time. By the way Tiger could’ve saved at least 2 strokes on that 10. Maybe even 5.

4 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

I think I’ve said this before in some other thread, and Tiger’s 10 had me thinking. Why in the hell does no one bail right of the green like toward the 13th tee? Like you know play a 10 yard draw off the 13th tee? I mean if you had to get it close, play a draw instead of a cut? I mean yes it would take a lot of balls to start a ball 10-15 yards right of the flag. If you draw it fine, if you don’t it’s dry every time. By the way Tiger could’ve saved at least 2 strokes on that 10. Maybe even 5.

I think safe bail out to allow for some shot zone margin of error anywhere on this hole is almost gambling on par by design. Getting up and down on this green is fraught with danger too.  

If you are 10+ shots behind on Sunday afternoon, I don't see any reason to not want to play for a birdie favoring slight left of the pin with a 8 iron in hand an a perfect lie to boot. Tiger made a good swing, but I guess good was not good enough. It had to be perfect because of wind. 

The more I think about this hole the more I realize how hard this hole is from a shot zone perspective. 

Edited by GolfLug

14 hours ago, VOX said:

I don’t get it. It’s just like 17 at the TPC it should be the easiest hole on the course. I played it a couple times as a 17 handicap and I’m -1 under. Just gets in the pros heads somehow 

It’s difficult because 

1. It’s a very shallow green about 10 yd deep with water front and jungle back. 

2. The tee and green are sheltered, but the ball is exposed to the wind the whole way.

3. The green is angled from left to right.
4. Its on the back nine in the Masters.

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

The more I think about this hole the more I realize how hard this hole is from a shot zone perspective. 

This. 10 yd dispersion in carry distance is really, really nothing with an 7/8 iron.

3 hours ago, GolfLug said:

#12 is laid out for the exact opposite shape of my shot zone (short right being a typical miss), if I understand the shape and angle of the green correctly.

1 hour ago, Beastie said:

It’s difficult because 

2. The tee and green are sheltered, but the ball is exposed to the wind the whole way.

All these things. The Fried Egg Podcast had an episode where Geoff Ogilvy and Andy Johnson discussed the challenges of this hole, and many others at ANGC (forget which episode, maybe sometime around the 2019 Masters). Before I listened to that episode, I didn't really understand the hype of #12, other than the fact that it is picturesque.

6 hours ago, Beastie said:

It’s difficult because 

This. 10 yd dispersion in carry distance is really, really nothing with an 7/8 iron.

Perhaps it just fits my eye and/or I have been lucky there but I have scored better on 12 than any other hole on the course. A 150 yard hole is just easier for me than a 450 par four.

Edited by VOX

1 hour ago, VOX said:

. A 150 yard hole is just easier for me than a 450 par four.

Less shots to mess up...