IGNORED

2020 Masters (Patron-Free)

cspell
Note: This thread is 1221 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

These really aren’t that bad, but still entertaining:

Thanks, I enjoyed that. I forgot how fun it is to watch tour pros look like amateurs. 

Golf is hard ®.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think I’ve said this before in some other thread, and Tiger’s 10 had me thinking. Why in the hell does no one bail right of the green like toward the 13th tee? Like you know play a 10 yard draw off the 13th tee? I mean if you had to get it close, play a draw instead of a cut? I mean yes it would take a lot of balls to start a ball 10-15 yards right of the flag. If you draw it fine, if you don’t it’s dry every time. By the way Tiger could’ve saved at least 2 strokes on that 10. Maybe even 5.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

• Administrator

To hit a draw to 12, if it doesn’t draw you’re wet.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

I think I’ve said this before in some other thread, and Tiger’s 10 had me thinking. Why in the hell does no one bail right of the green like toward the 13th tee? Like you know play a 10 yard draw off the 13th tee? I mean if you had to get it close, play a draw instead of a cut? I mean yes it would take a lot of balls to start a ball 10-15 yards right of the flag. If you draw it fine, if you don’t it’s dry every time. By the way Tiger could’ve saved at least 2 strokes on that 10. Maybe even 5.

I think safe bail out to allow for some shot zone margin of error anywhere on this hole is almost gambling on par by design. Getting up and down on this green is fraught with danger too.  

If you are 10+ shots behind on Sunday afternoon, I don't see any reason to not want to play for a birdie favoring slight left of the pin with a 8 iron in hand an a perfect lie to boot. Tiger made a good swing, but I guess good was not good enough. It had to be perfect because of wind. 

The more I think about this hole the more I realize how hard this hole is from a shot zone perspective. 

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

14 hours ago, VOX said:

I don’t get it. It’s just like 17 at the TPC it should be the easiest hole on the course. I played it a couple times as a 17 handicap and I’m -1 under. Just gets in the pros heads somehow 

It’s difficult because 

1. It’s a very shallow green about 10 yd deep with water front and jungle back. 

2. The tee and green are sheltered, but the ball is exposed to the wind the whole way.

3. The green is angled from left to right.
4. Its on the back nine in the Masters.

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

The more I think about this hole the more I realize how hard this hole is from a shot zone perspective. 

This. 10 yd dispersion in carry distance is really, really nothing with an 7/8 iron.

Stevie T

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Beastie said:

Its on the back nine in the Masters.

Now now, we all know it's the "second nine."

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, GolfLug said:

#12 is laid out for the exact opposite shape of my shot zone (short right being a typical miss), if I understand the shape and angle of the green correctly.

1 hour ago, Beastie said:

It’s difficult because 

2. The tee and green are sheltered, but the ball is exposed to the wind the whole way.

All these things. The Fried Egg Podcast had an episode where Geoff Ogilvy and Andy Johnson discussed the challenges of this hole, and many others at ANGC (forget which episode, maybe sometime around the 2019 Masters). Before I listened to that episode, I didn't really understand the hype of #12, other than the fact that it is picturesque.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

6 hours ago, Beastie said:

It’s difficult because 

This. 10 yd dispersion in carry distance is really, really nothing with an 7/8 iron.

Perhaps it just fits my eye and/or I have been lucky there but I have scored better on 12 than any other hole on the course. A 150 yard hole is just easier for me than a 450 par four.

Edited by VOX

1 hour ago, VOX said:

. A 150 yard hole is just easier for me than a 450 par four.

Less shots to mess up...

Stevie T

21 hours ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Anyone else make the joke of DJ serving cocaine and hash browies at his masters dinner yet? 

witty/2

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Note: This thread is 1221 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!