IGNORED

2020 The Players Championship

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1450 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I thought the networks have been using drone operated cameras for awhile now? I guess for pretaped segments and not live?

This week at the Players, every shot will be live-streamed on NBC Sports Gold to PGA Tour Live subscribers. That’s more than 32,000 shots over the course of the tournament, captured by more than 120 cameras positioned throughout the course. Making every shot available was first achieved by CBS Sports at the 2019 Masters, and it could be the future of golf coverage on TV.

“Our vision is to bring every shot and every PGA Tour tournament to our fans, and this is the first step in making that a reality,” Monahan said.

This week’s broadcast also will feature the first use of a drone-operated camera.

Pretty lush, huh?

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Unfortunately for Bob Tway, his 12 on 17 is the highest score for that cursed  island green hole.

The short and the long version of Russell Knox's nightmare on 17.

Short version

Long Version

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I'll be there Saturday. Look for me, I'll be the guy in the white polo. 

• Upvote 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

I’m watching “Live From THE PLAYERS” and Brandel says “he [Brooks] was wider off of the golf ball last year, nowhere near as wide this year.”

CEBAD398-FE5A-423B-8F6B-7F03431C7A81.thumb.jpeg.9355e500f65a514a77476271b8e0a70b.jpeg

• Am I missing something, his arms looks about the same width.
  • the camera isn’t exactly the same, so measuring the distance between his lead hand and hip won’t work....looks close tho.

I’m not trying to be some picky jerk here. I actually want to make sure that I’m not missing something. Especially with wording like “nowhere near as wide this year”

I picked Fowler at -13 to win for the Snell give-a-way. I don't think that it's a good or great pick (or even reasonable), but it is what I want to happen.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

8 hours ago, snapfade said:

white shirts.jpg

Which one is you???:-P

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Makes you wonder if that Masters mentally crushed Molinari. He hasn’t finished in the top-10 since and appears on his way to missing his 4th cut in 5 starts. He’s a mess right now.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, ChrisP said:

Makes you wonder if that Masters mentally crushed Molinari. He hasn’t finished in the top-10 since and appears on his way to missing his 4th cut in 5 starts. He’s a mess right now.

I think people attribute far too much to the mental game, as usual.

He got hot, then cooled off. Brooks too. Jordan too. The list goes on.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Aw jeez, I think I jinxed Russell Knox (see above post on 17 hole). Sorry, dude.

Steve

McIlroy has a 50 sticking out his back pocket while making the swing, lol.

Steve

50 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/28815025/francesco-molinari-searching-game-lost-augusta-national

"For a few weeks it did linger, like any tournament would,'' said Molinari, who was ranked seventh in the world after winning at Bay Hill a year ago but has since dropped to 26th. "But especially because it was a major and because it was Augusta. I don't think it lingered for more than a few weeks.

He also withdrew from the API with a back injury, so obviously that wasn't helping his game. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

14 hours ago, snapfade said:

I'd be so mad if I were you (if you are actually going and weren't just makin jokes). Good luck getting your refund

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Food options look pretty good:

Steve

1 hour ago, skydog said:

This course is great at creating really weird/uninteresting leaderboards. 

It’s going to get weirder tomorrow with no crowds.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

9 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

I'd be so mad if I were you (if you are actually going and weren't just makin jokes). Good luck getting your refund

I get my tickets through Birdies for the Brave, so no problem there. I am disappointed, but I will just go to a Marlins or Yankees game, oh wait, they canceled Spring Training. 

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

Looks like it's being cancelled all together?  

playersflag-wide-847-getty.jpg

It is with regret that we are announcing the cancellation of THE PLAYERS Championship.

Not just without crowds, but not here at all. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 1450 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!