IGNORED

Is Golf Available Where You Live? (COVID-19 Edition)

iacas
Note: This thread is 1152 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

COVID-19 and Golf  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Are golf courses near you open for play? (Please change your vote as the situation changes.)

• Almost all are open.
    • Some golf courses are still open for play.
    • No golf courses near me are open for play due to COVID-19.
  2. 2. What modifications have golf courses that are open for play made? Select all that apply.

• Limited restaurant/pro shop/clubhouse access.
    • No indoor access at all.
    • Removed ball washers and/or rakes from the course.
    • Tee times spaced further apart.
    • Carts limited to single riders.
    • No carts at all - walking only.
    • Raised cups or foam or PVC inserts to minimize contact with the flagstick/hole.
    • Plentiful hand sanitizer solutions.
    • Only members can play - course is closed to guests.
    • Contact reduced or eliminated - payments handled solely online or by phone.
    • Modifications to group size - twosomes only, threesomes only, family members only, etc.
    • Course is closed.

The gov-nah of Ohio is mandating masks to be worn in the workplace starting next week. "No mask, no work, no service, no exception" is their mandate.

According to state officials, face coverings are required for employees and clients/customers at all times.

I don't intend to wear a mask on the golf course. Not happening.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
1 minute ago, CarlSpackler said:

The gov-nah of Ohio is mandating masks to be worn in the workplace starting next week. "No mask, no work, no service, no exception" is their mandate.

You sure that’s not for indoor settings only?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

19 minutes ago, iacas said:

You sure that’s not for indoor settings only?

Not the way it's stated, but I'm inserting my own common sense that it is.

- Shane

30 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

MD has been doing this a few weeks now, any where you go inside the workers have to wear a mask as well as patrons.

Gus
---------------

31 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Good grief!  If we work hard at it, we can make life even more miserable for people...

11 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Not the way it's stated, but I'm inserting my own common sense that it is.

Common sense is NOT allowed these days.  :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Nothing says golf more than The Villages:

Golf considered 'essential' in stay-at-home order

“What they’re doing is they wipe down the cart. One person sits in the cart. They don’t shake hands with who they’re playing with. They don’t touch the flag stick. So they practice social distancing in every aspect of that,” Gov. DeSantis said, during a COVID-19 press briefing on March 20.

The Villages has 50 golf courses and a median age of 66, making it the oldest community in Florida.

The Villages - 76 cases/20 deaths

5 minutes ago, Cartboy said:

Nothing says golf more than The Villages:

The Villages - 76 cases/20 deaths

Approximately 125,000 people, all over the age of 60. Most over 70…

...and 648 holes of golf!   

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Good grief!  If we work hard at it, we can make life even more miserable for people...

:doh:

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

25 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Approximately 125,000 people, all over the age of 60. Most over 70…

...and 648 holes of golf!   

Yeah, probably no worse than the regular flu, and besides, it was probably time to go for most of them.

😷🙄

1 hour ago, CarlSpackler said:

In CO, depending on the golf course, some people wear face mask and some do not.  In certain courses, one a very few wear face mask.  It's surprising how close some people stand on the tee boxes and the greens though.  Definitely too close relative to the at least 6' guideline.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

1 hour ago, CarlSpackler said:

A Tiger Woods mask for the course would be cool.

3 minutes ago, Cartboy said:

Yeah, probably no worse than the regular flu, and besides, it was probably time to go for most of them.

😷🙄

If they've had 76 cases for 125,000 people their infection rate is running one-fifth of the national average.  My impression is that certain risks groups, one of them being the elderly, are being pretty careful.

11 minutes ago, Yukari said:

In CO, depending on the golf course, some people wear face mask and some do not.  In certain courses, one a very few wear face mask.  It's surprising how close some people stand on the tee boxes and the greens though.  Definitely too close relative to the at least 6' guideline.

Turning lemons into lemonade.  A facemask can become a swing aid.  If you see it moving too much to the right in your peripheral vision then you are overswinging. With the help of your caddie (health care provider) standing behind you you can make the appropriate corrections.

So, if golfers golf, and beach-goers go to the beach, and diners dine out, and shoppers shop, and joggers jog, and walkers walk, and dog owners go to the dog park, and boaters boat, and fishermen fish, and hunters hunt, and workers work, and partyers party, and . . . 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Cartboy said:

So, if golfers golf, and beach-goers go to the beach, and diners dine out, and shoppers shop, and joggers jog, and walkers walk, and dog owners go to the dog park, and boaters boat, and fishermen fish, and hunters hunt, and workers work, and partyers party, and . . . 

Not all of those things are happening right now.

What’s your whole point here? That we should continue, across the country, to stay in lockdown?

25 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Or not. 🤨

I'm thinking of going full on Darth Vader outfit though.

• Like 1

- Shane

4 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

How did you score other than the birdie on #5?

I only played hole #5 once, so birdie and that was it.

Sadly, the other 17 holes didn't go that well.  Two pars, five bogeys.  Two shots O.B., two in the water, ... I really need to load the GG to see what the bright side was, assuming there was one.  Couldn't warm up putting so there was some fun with speed.  And I really didn't realize how dependent on knowing the distance I was on short game shots.  

I broke 100 though.  And more importantly, I got out and played. 

2 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

I wore mine (a "gaiter" style cloth mask) the whole round, removing it only when I took a drink (and during this I consciously separated further from my group).  I think I might keep it when we go back -- it's more comfortable than sunscreen on the back of my neck and protects the same. 

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I would buy this.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 1152 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!