IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

• Administrator
ce56b7417d1b1b2c3713bcd23a0a6f7d

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Food and Drug Administration have lifted a 10-day pause on the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, but will issue a fact sheet to medical providers warning them of...

Shouldn't have stopped them in the meantime, but the sooner they fix that mistake the better.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The vaccinating public is fickle.  Johnson & Johnson will now be a hard sell.  This will limit the ability to get more of the population vaccinated.  Most of those left to be vaccinated are under 50 years of age.  If you're a woman under 50 you probably won't accept Johnson & Johnson.  Even though blood clots are a one-in-a-million probability with the vaccine.  And I just heard on NPR that they are releasing it with a disclaimer speaking to that.

2 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

The vaccinating public is fickle.  Johnson & Johnson will now be a hard sell.  This will limit the ability to get more of the population vaccinated.  Most of those left to be vaccinated are under 50 years of age.  If you're a woman under 50 you probably won't accept Johnson & Johnson.  Even though blood clots are a one-in-a-million probability with the vaccine.  And I just heard on NPR that they are releasing it with a disclaimer speaking to that.

Yeah, but if you don't have to risk it, why would you when there are other options available?

I personally stayed away from J&J b/c it wasn't as effective as the other two so even though I had to get two shots, I was ok with it because I'd rather be more protected.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

5 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Yeah, but if you don't have to risk it, why would you when there are other options available?

I personally stayed away from J&J b/c it wasn't as effective as the other two so even though I had to get two shots, I was ok with it because I'd rather be more protected.

Because some places don’t offer all options. The place I went to only had Moderna option. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

7 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

That's what I'm saying.  It essentially cuts down on the availability of the vaccine, thus stretching out reaching herd immunity.  Now, in communities where there's not another option, many people won't take it.

Just now, saevel25 said:

Because some places don’t offer all options. The place I went to only had Moderna option. 

Good point, I should have said "if."

I also haven't followed the rollout that closely and haven't informed myself much on the rollout of the vaccines in different parts of the country.  I've only really followed the rollout in NY where I live.

Just now, Double Mocha Man said:

That's what I'm saying.  It essentially cuts down on the availability of the vaccine, thus stretching out reaching herd immunity.  Now, in communities where there's not another option, many people won't take it.

Yup, where I live, we have all the choices available to us which is a luxury.

Christian

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

I personally stayed away from J&J b/c it wasn't as effective as the other two…

Not really true.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

Not really true.

My understanding was the efficacy was in the 70%-80% range whereas Moderna and Pfizer was greater than 90%.

Either way, because I had the option of which way to go, I went with what I felt more comfortable with.

Christian

7 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

My understanding was the efficacy was in the 70%-80% range whereas Moderna and Pfizer was greater than 90%.

Either way, because I had the option of which way to go, I went with what I felt more comfortable with.

It’s way too early to be able to accurately compare vaccines. It’s damn near speculation this early on.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Just now, Vinsk said:

It’s way too early to be able to accurately compare vaccines. It’s damn near speculation this early on.

Maybe...but at the time it made me feel more comfortable.

Christian

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

They weren't tested at the same time, or in the same settings, with the same test subjects, etc.

You can't definitively or even reasonably say much about the efficacy of any of them compared to the others.

• Administrator

The emerging data confirms what many of us thought would be the case—that not only do the vaccines stop symptomatic COVID, but they also make it highly unlikely that someone can even be infected at all.

11.jpg

New data indicate that COVID-19 vaccines stop symptomatic COVID and make it highly unlikely that...

On 4/24/2021 at 9:23 AM, RFKFREAK said:

Jeeez. Where on earth do you people get your information? This kind of commentary is dangerous because not only is it ill-informed it can impact upon the thought processes of folk who think they're being given useful information.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Vox has a great explainer on efficacy rates. Also from what I’m hearing, the efficacy rate in real life vs clinical trials is one of the amazing things about the vaccines, they did better IRL, usually the other way around. I forget which ones. I would take any of the vaccines (paranoid me would want Moderna for its less stringent storage requirements if given a choice) but I’m not so sure about the Chinese or Russian vaccines. The development of the mRNA method is a fascinating read. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Oh yeah, free Krispy Kreme donut a day if you show your card. 

210422180231-krispy-kreme-donuts-2020-fi

After surviving a fear-filled year of the Covid-19 pandemic, getting vaccinated is a cause for...

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

After surviving a fear-filled year of the Covid-19 pandemic, getting...

I like it, incentives run the world. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

After surviving a fear-filled year of the Covid-19 pandemic, getting vaccinated is a cause for...

Well, there you go!  For those that “survived a fear-filled year”.

I’m glad someone cares about those poor souls.   😁

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

On 4/23/2021 at 5:23 PM, RFKFREAK said:

On 4/23/2021 at 5:59 PM, RFKFREAK said:

As @nevets88 posted, the settings for clinical trials are way different for J&J and Pfizer/Moderna.  You cannot compare the results as it is like comparing apples to oranges.

I actually wanted J&J because it was tested when variants were running wild and because of one-and-done, but they stopped using J&J a couple of days before my scheduled shot and they changed mine to Pfizer.  

I will take whatever is available, but I specifically signed up for J&J

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2