IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

They want the organ to have a good chance of success. Pretty standard type stuff, really.

... and they want the recipient to have a good chance of living beyond the transplant, relative to dying from Covid-19 after a delicate and difficult operation and with a well-intentioned organ.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

Good for Neil Young and Warner Brothers.

Neil-Young-Spotify-Joe-Rogan.jpg?w=1000

The music platform seems to have picked the podcaster over the iconic songwriter in a battle over misinformation

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instructor Development, 5 Simple Keys®/Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins • Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 • "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 • Penn-State Behrend Head Coach • • • • • • • • • • :aimpoint: :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | 5SK.com | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Joni Mitchell is also off Spotify.

df-square-1024.png

But it’s also correct that Neil Young has a right to make clear that he doesn’t want to be associated with a service that is associated with Rogan, and to publicize his stance.

Director of Instructor Development, 5 Simple Keys®/Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins • Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 • "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 • Penn-State Behrend Head Coach • • • • • • • • • • :aimpoint: :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | 5SK.com | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

df-square-1024.png

But it’s also correct that Neil Young has a right to make clear that he doesn’t want to be associated with a service that is associated with Rogan, and to publicize his stance.

I hope this starts a real challenge to misinformation. People are making money off it and it can be lethal to the fools who listen.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision -MEVO+

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

image.png

8 hours ago, iacas said:

df-square-1024.png

But it’s also correct that Neil Young has a right to make clear that he doesn’t want to be associated...

I cancelled Spotify Premium, still have an account but not paying, you need an account to access public playlists I think. Moved playlists over to YouTube Music, see how that goes. If it doesn't work out will try Apple Music or Amazon. YouTube Premium which includes Music also removes ads from videos and you can download videos and vids will keep playing when you switch to other apps on iPhone.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Just heard a report today on NPR where Joe Rogan says he's going to try to bring on more guests with differing views.  And work on being more scientific and less controversial.  He seemed very civil as he spoke.  We'll see.  He was probably read the riot act by Spotify.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

He was probably read the riot act by Spotify.

I doubt it.

3 hours ago, iacas said:

image.png

Thanks for sharing this.    Sadly this truism happens all too often.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

38 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Just heard a report today on NPR where Joe Rogan says he's going to try to bring on more guests with differing views.  And work on being more scientific and less controversial.  He seemed very civil as he spoke.  We'll see.  He was probably read the riot act by Spotify.

He might have more leverage than Spotify in this battle.  Thing is no one is changing their mind on anything covid related this point.  Free advertising for his podcast.  

Matt          My Swing

:touredge: C721 Driver, 3 wood and 3 hybrid    Sub 70 699 Pro 4 and 5, 639 MB Plus 6-P   :edel: 50, 55, 60        

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Study done by John's Hopkins says that Lockdowns had hardly any significant impact on mortality rates. 

A-Literature-Review-and-Meta-Analysis-of-the-Effects-of-Lockdowns-on-COVID-19-Mortality.pdf (jhu.edu)

Overall, our meta-analysis fails to confirm that lockdowns have had a large, significant effect on mortality rates. Studies examining the relationship between lockdown strictness (based on the OxCGRT stringency index) find that the average lockdown in Europe and the United States only reduced COVID-19 mortality by 0.2% compared to a COVID-19 policy based solely on recommendations. Shelter-in-place orders (SIPOs) were also ineffective. They only reduced COVID-19 mortality by 2.9%

However, closing non-essential businesses seems to have had some effect (reducing COVID-19 mortality by 10.6%), which is likely to be related to the closure of bars. Also, masks may reduce COVID-19 mortality, but there is only one study that examines universal mask mandates. The effect of border closures, school closures and limiting gatherings on COVID-19 mortality yields precision-weighted estimates of -0.1%, -4.4%, and 1.6%, respectively. Lockdowns (compared to no lockdowns) also do not reduce COVID-19 mortality.

"A good conversation is not designed to win the argument. It is designed to enjoy the exchange."

Matt "Dough", P.E.
My Game Golf Profile -
Click Here! (It's not a trap) fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: :srixon: (4-PW)
Wedges:
:edel: Trapper (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

24 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Study done by John's Hopkins says that Lockdowns had hardly any significant impact on mortality rates. 

A-Literature-Review-and-Meta-Analysis-of-the-Effects-of-Lockdowns-on-COVID-19-Mortality.pdf (jhu.edu)

I would say that that article has it exactly right.   Closing where people can get together and spread gives people fewer opportunities to spread.  However, doing a general "lockdown" doesn't do any good when so many people ignore it.   During the initial lockdown when so little was known about Covid, and the lockdown orders were for people to not get together at all....2 of the 6 neighbors on our block had parties, went to other peoples' houses, etc.   Heck, that was before there was information about how outdoor transmission is drastically less likely.   People were distancing 6 feet when you walked down the sidewalk.

Basically I read this as some type of confirmation that too many people are going to do what they want anyway, the rest of us be damned.

—Adam

I didn't realize we had a lockdown. Never really had one around here other than a few months of school.

War Eagle!

1 minute ago, The Flush said:

I didn't realize we had a lockdown. Never really had one around here other than a few months of school.

You should leave your house once in awhile.  😄  Even golf courses were closed!  (I think they had a "lockdown" in Ohio)

People willing to die for their beliefs.  But there's nothing noble about it.  It's a stupid battlefield to die on.   Covid always gets the last word:

rawImage.jpg

The state patrol did not confirm the cause of Robert LaMay’s death, but several news...

41 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

You should leave your house once in awhile.  😄  Even golf courses were closed!  (I think they had a "lockdown" in Ohio)

They did. 

His location is a very small town, not very close to a major city. I could see them just not listening to it 

"A good conversation is not designed to win the argument. It is designed to enjoy the exchange."

Matt "Dough", P.E.
My Game Golf Profile -
Click Here! (It's not a trap) fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: :srixon: (4-PW)
Wedges:
:edel: Trapper (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :bushnell: Tour V2