IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

1 hour ago, WilliamB said:

Many people have lost faith in authorities who mandate mask wearing, then are caught running around partying without a mask on. Do as I say, not as I do!

It depends. I held a party with friends with no masks. But we required a negative test beforehand.Β 

Anyway, mask mandates seem to be lifting across the country.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach;Β Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI
Β 
TeamΒ :srixon:!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, phillyk said:

It depends. I held a party with friends with no masks. But we required a negative test beforehand.Β 

Anyway, mask mandates seem to be lifting across the country.

I disagree with ending the mask mandates for indoors, although pandemic fatigue is hitting a lot of the people who have taken this very seriously. Β  I think California is doing the right thing by looking ahead to when this will be endemic. Β Unfortunately I think we've proven that a significant portion of the population is not going to do the right thing, so at some point we need to move to the next phase. Β I don't think it's time yet, but my presidential campaign is getting little traction, so I doubt I'll be making any decisions for anyone else, anytime soon.

For now, my mask stays on and I am avoiding places I don't feel comfortable. Β I too would go to a party with friends and no masks under those conditions or if everyone was vaccinated. Β  The charts for hospitalization/death based on vaccinated status would be hilarious if it didn't mean so many people died. Β  The vaccinated line is close to zero and flat.

β€”Adam

Β 

4 hours ago, WilliamB said:

Many people have lost faith in authorities who mandate mask wearing, then are caught running around partying without a mask on. Do as I say, not as I do!

Many people don't practice what they preach. But, in this case and in my opinion, your mask wearing benefits you - not them - so who cares what they do.

• Administrator

And BTW, Florida still sucks:

Β 

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

At this point:Β  If the government mandated that everybody wipe their ass after taking a dump...30% of the public would refuse to do so.Β  Welcome to the 21st century.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

58 minutes ago, Piz said:

At this point:Β  If the government mandated that everybody wipe their ass after taking a dump...30% of the public would refuse to do so.Β  Welcome to the 21st century.

I would honestly settle for everyone washing their hands after they wipe their ass.Β 

According to what I see every time I use an airport restroom, that percentage is pretty low. Think about that next time you shake somebody's hand.Β BlankSaltyBeauceron-size_restricted.gif.6dc74ddf38f4113a7494cbc63fdc0aac.gif

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs.Β 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.Β 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Interesting that Italy is the lowest on the first graph.Β  They were a very sad hotbed of Covid early on.Β  My state is rolling back mask mandates tomorrow.Β  I will still be wearing a mask in select situations.Β  And I will continue social distancing and washing the ol' hands.Β  There are certain people I know who remain unvaccinated and I still won't be getting within 10 feet of them.Β  Why take stupid chances around stupid people.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
f546ce20-5fef-45a2-b224-ee3d43ebad8e-122

More than 100 Florida ZIP codes report more than 100% of their residents are vaccinated. DeSantis and health officials don't plan to investigate this.

Florida, man.

19 minutes ago, iacas said:
f546ce20-5fef-45a2-b224-ee3d43ebad8e-122

More than 100 Florida ZIP codes report more than 100% of their residents are vaccinated. DeSantis and health officials don't plan to investigate this.

Florida, man.

I think this really shows what happens when you elect bad leadership. Β With Covid it's going to be bad almost everywhere at some point. Β  State leadership that has taken this very seriously have still seen spikes and bad times, but Florida is just insane. Β  Makes me believe that all the Carl Hassan stories I've ready are actually based on 100% true events.

β€”Adam

Β 

On 3/28/2022 at 9:09 AM, imsys0042 said:

I think this really shows what happens when you elect bad leadership. Β With Covid it's going to be bad almost everywhere at some point. Β  State leadership that has taken this very seriously have still seen spikes and bad times, but Florida is just insane. Β  Makes me believe that all the Carl Hassan stories I've ready are actually based on 100% true events.

Oh, I don't know. I live in Florida, lived through Covid after contracting it. And I see a TON of people from other States here on our course doing just fine. I'm at the clubhouse, on the course and in the Pro-shop four to five times a week and I get to talk with all sorts of our visitors and guests from the Northeast, out West, Great Britain, Canada, Australia ..... you name it. And they all think that where they come from is "insane". They love Florida and they love coming here.

Florida isn't "insane" and neither is our State leadership. What's insane is continuing to destroy the economy with these asinine lock-downs and mandatory masking that even so-called leaders aren't abiding by anymore.

We're doing just fine down here in Florida. I lived through Covid, it was a joke and nothing more than a mild case of the flu. I live in a retirement community (55+) in the last two years, our community hasn't lost one person to "Covid".

It's way past time to live your lives. Spring is coming, Summer is almost here. Get outside and live your lives.

Edited by Frank F

Fairways and Greens,

Frank

Β 

Β 

I got my 4th stab yesterday. My nanobots are now so magnetic that I have trouble walking through a parking lot!

@Frank FI'm glad you're doing so well. Unfortunately, as you may be aware, over 900,000 have died from Covid in the US alone. None of them are doing well.

1 hour ago, Frank F said:

I lived through Covid, it was a joke...

Frank, you take it too lightly.Β  We had a state senator who was an anti-vaxxer, at age 52.Β  He's dead.Β  We had a state trooper who told our governor to "Kiss his ass."Β  He was an anti-vaxxer who wouldn't get the mandated vaccination.Β  Age 50.Β  He's dead.

My friend, you are/were playing with fire.

4 minutes ago, Zippo said:

I got my 4th stab yesterday. My nanobots are now so magnetic that I have trouble walking through a parking lot!

@Frank FI'm glad you're doing so well. Unfortunately, as you may be aware, over 900,000 have died from Covid in the US alone. None of them are doing well.

My response was directed at those so very critical of Florida, my home State. Plenty of criticism born of media hype.

I don't believe in nanobots or magnetic chips or other conspiracy theories. I also don't believe that locking ourselves away, masking to oblivion or getting 37 booster shots is the answer either. Guess getting booster jabs keep people from getting Covid too. Because there are plenty of people who are "vaxxed to the max" that are continuing to get Covid and pass it on to others.

I'm not bankrolling big pharma. But, I am very happy for you that you find security in receiving booster shots. Your body, your choice.

Β 

Β 

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Frank, you take it too lightly.Β  We had a state senator who was an anti-vaxxer, at age 52.Β  He's dead.Β  We had a state trooper who told our governor to "Kiss his ass."Β  He was an anti-vaxxer who wouldn't get the mandated vaccination.Β  Age 50.Β  He's dead.

My friend, you are/were playing with fire.

Thanks for the concern. Had Covid in November of 2020. I still have the anti-bodies as of six months ago. I'm not anti-vax. My shot record is up to date. I do believe in the human immune system and so does my Doctor.

Β 

Fairways and Greens,

Frank

Β 

Β 

• Administrator

Frank, Florida has acquitted itself very poorly. That’s virtually a fact.

Move on. Your personal experience is not relevant, really. And vaccines use β€œthe human immune system” too.

13 hours ago, iacas said:

Frank, Florida has acquitted itself very poorly. That’s virtually a fact.

Move on. Your personal experience is not relevant, really. And vaccines use β€œthe human immune system” too.

My personal experience isn't relative? Lol! What a joke. Here comes "cancel culture".Β  Now your gaslighting me for giving my own personal opinion based on living my own life here in Florida while you sit in PA. Priceless.

If Florida is so bad, why are politicians like AOC and Michigan's Governor Whitmer safe to come here. Because they're hypocrites.

How would that go over here if I wrote disparaging things about your home State of PA? It's not a virtual fact unless you can provide some hard data to back it up. Follow the science instead of following political science. There is no need for a vaccine in an immune system that is showing antibodies. But, I guess you're a doctor as well as a "golf pro"?

My primary care physician knows quite a bit more than you do. But hey, this is your kingdom and anyone who disagrees with the ruler gets the boot.

Enjoy your new clothes your nakedness.

I'm out.

Fairways and Greens,

Frank

Β 

Β 

1 hour ago, Frank F said:

My personal experience isn't relative?

Frank, your personal experience is a mere one in 22 million.Β  You seem to want to make it be universal. Your "follow the science"Β  line cracked me up, because you did not. You did the ol' pick and choose.Β  You were/are (are because the subvariant BA.2 might be coming back around) a layperson who got lucky.Β  How's your golf these days?