IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

24 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

What?! The New York Post, biased??? I have them on my morning reading list of news sources. Not to get another point of view, but to get a good laugh.

TBH, I have no experience with the source. It was just a piece that was on my phone this morning when I pulled up the internet. I realized later it was a biased piece.  But since I’ve never contributed to this thread in the past, I saw it as an opportunity :-)

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator
GettyImages-1237543520-760x380.jpeg

In 23 patients who died, researchers found olfactory nerve damage but little virus.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I got the second booster and man it put me out. Lethargic for days. Arm still hurts three days later. But not bad enough to stop me from going to the range, heh heh. To quote a certain Ted Lasso character, Golf is Life!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
12 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I got the second booster and man it put me out. Lethargic for days. Arm still hurts three days later. But not bad enough to stop me from going to the range, heh heh. To quote a certain Ted Lasso character, Golf is Life!

Are you 50+ or is it open to more now?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

15 hours ago, iacas said:

The former. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 1 month later...

I tested positive Wednesday morning. Just flu like symptoms. I was supposed to be going to Myrtle Beach for a baseball tournament. So glad the US OPEN is on !

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
1 hour ago, WilliamB said:

A global pandemic thread that doesn't get a comment since April 27 is a statement in and of itself.

Your post was also #3678. I don’t think it says much more than that it is nearing three years old.

52 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I tested positive Wednesday morning. Just flu like symptoms. I was supposed to be going to Myrtle Beach for a baseball tournament. So glad the US OPEN is on !

Maybe it will result in a long-term Covid effect of hitting the ball in the center of the face, away from the hosel... 😀

Get well Kevin.

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Get well!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

4 hours ago, WilliamB said:

A global pandemic thread that doesn't get a comment since April 27 is a statement in and of itself.

I hope we won’t have to have a monkeypox thread next. 

4 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Must have been all those late night boozing rave parties, eh? 😀 Get well soon. Hope there’s no long Covid issues for you!

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Zippo said:

I hope we won’t have to have a monkeypox thread next. 

I read that the smallpox vaccine works against monkeypox.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Finally, a benefit to being above a certain age. Yep, I've got the scar.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator
Just now, Missouri Swede said:

1971, from a quick search, was when they stopped vaccinating against smallpox.

2 hours ago, iacas said:

I have read that, as well. But, I really prefer that the country does not have to go through another vaccination campaign.

34 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

It's been 55 years, or more, since I received my smallpox vaccination.  I'm not certain how effective that vaccination remains but I suspect my chances of needing to find out are pretty darn low.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

1971, from a quick search, was when they stopped vaccinating against smallpox.

Done in 1962 according to my Department of Defense immunization card.

(You don't have one of these?)

1111516102_ScreenShot2022-06-17at9_14_08PM.thumb.jpg.92b2557a4c15f645f0daa2a188c7db50.jpg

Edited by Missouri Swede

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

8 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

Done in 1962 according to my Department of Defense immunization card.

(You don't have one of these?)

1111516102_ScreenShot2022-06-17at9_14_08PM.thumb.jpg.92b2557a4c15f645f0daa2a188c7db50.jpg

I have the scar but it’s barely visible now.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2022 at 9:07 PM, iacas said:

It’s probably going to be open to under 50 in the near future.    I am going to be sure to schedule mine for a Tuesday because Wednesday is the worst day of the week for work.    Generally I’ve not had side effects, but work doesn’t know that….

—Adam