IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

1 minute ago, Yukari said:

Ditto.  I won't dine indoors but will take any outdoor patio table.

You know, it's all a big pain in the ass, but I want to make sure I make it to the other side of the pandemic.  So I impatiently put up with these restrictive guidelines.  I am not of the mentality... "I want what I want and I want it now."

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

You know, it's all a big pain in the ass, but I want to make sure I make it to the other side of the pandemic.  So I impatiently put up with these restrictive guidelines.  I am not of the mentality... "I want what I want and I want it now."

Hear, hear! I personally can't see the big deal complaining about mask wearing. If an event (like an outdoor sport) requires a mask to attend and one wants to attend then either wear the mask or don't attend. Is it really such a big deal in long term? I doubt that, at the end of my life, I'll be complaining that I lost a couple of hours wearing a mask that I maybe didn't really need to wear any more than I'll complain about the seatbelts I've worn for so many years - needlessly.

49 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Hear, hear! I personally can't see the big deal complaining about mask wearing. If an event (like an outdoor sport) requires a mask to attend and one wants to attend then either wear the mask or don't attend. Is it really such a big deal in long term? I doubt that, at the end of my life, I'll be complaining that I lost a couple of hours wearing a mask that I maybe didn't really need to wear any more than I'll complain about the seatbelts I've worn for so many years - needlessly.

I think the value of wearing seatbelts has been well proven don’t you think? And wearing masks has been proven when they should be worn as well. Nobody has said we should wear seatbelts when sitting in our parked car.
When I’m alone, nobody around me for at least 100’...in left field outside the fence watching a game....it’s asinine to be told to put a mask on....

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, Double Mocha Man said:

Agreed.  But can't you afford to buy a ticket and get into the game?

Lol...yeah I was in the park...that’s where they had mask police...I avoid the bleacher areas where families have camped out for the 9 hour baseball bonanza. 😫

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I think the value of wearing seatbelts has been well proven don’t you think? And wearing masks has been proven when they should be worn as well. Nobody has said we should wear seatbelts when sitting in our parked car.
When I’m alone, nobody around me for at least 100’...in left field outside the fence watching a game....it’s asinine to be told to put a mask on....

Oh, I bet there's somebody who's said to wear seatbelts in a parked car!

OK. "When I’m alone, nobody around me for at least 100’...in left field outside the fence watching a game." Oh, sure. You got 360 degree vision? How do you know some cute little girl with kittens hasn't snuck up down wind of you and is inhaling your virii, huh? Maybe a parachutist is just about to drop in next to you. Ever think of that, huh?  I see that otters in Georgia have been diagnosed with Covid. Maybe there's a prairie dog near you outside the fence by you getting infected? 😁

25 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Oh, I bet there's somebody who's said to wear seatbelts in a parked car!

OK. "When I’m alone, nobody around me for at least 100’...in left field outside the fence watching a game." Oh, sure. You got 360 degree vision? How do you know some cute little girl with kittens hasn't snuck up down wind of you and is inhaling your virii, huh? Maybe a parachutist is just about to drop in next to you. Ever think of that, huh?  I see that otters in Georgia have been diagnosed with Covid. Maybe there's a prairie dog near you outside the fence by you getting infected? 😁

I had a couple of otters come in for testing the other day...bastards demanded the rapid test too.🤣

14 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I had a couple of otters come in for testing the other day...bastards demanded the rapid test too.🤣

HawHawHaw! Of course, you made sure they were masked!

DSC_1062.JPG

1800x1200_protect_yourself_as_social_dis

States that required people to mask up last year had lower rates of COVID-19 than those with no mask requirements, a new study finds.

23 hours ago, billchao said:

489060DE-938F-4F09-8E1D-B5EC4F42997E.jpeg

Found this on Reddit. This ones for you, @David in FL 😃

That’s outstanding!  😂😂

For those that didn’t know, I was a collegiate fencer waaayy back in the day.  😊

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

11 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I hope after all this that people who are sick with colds, etc., do the courtesy of wearing it in public enclosed spaces to protect everyone around them. Especially planes and other transportation.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

13 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I work in construction, and spend some of my time on jobsites.  Maybe 15 years ago I first encountered a rule that required safety glasses to be worn full time by everyone.  I'm an engineer, I don't do anything that would put me in danger of eye injury, so I was a little irritated by what I felt was an excessive rule.  I had a chance to talk to the safety director for the General Contractor, and he explained it to me.  In many cases, a worker may only be doing something that requires eye protection for five minutes out of the day.  He needs to use a hammer and chisel to cut a cotter pin, perhaps, something simple.  If he wasn't wearing safety glasses, or even if he had them in his back pocket, chances are he'd go ahead with the brief task without them.  Or a worker would walk past someone else who was using a grinder without thinking about it, walking through the "danger zone".  By requiring safety glasses full time, eye injuries on their projects were reduced by 40%.  

To me, masks are similar.  You may have been away from everyone else, not in or causing any increases risk to anyone.  But you're in an area in which the rules require masks, for much the same reasons.  The people who run the venue don't want to rely on the judgement of their customers, or the judgement of their enforcement people, they just want a single simple rule, and want it followed.  Its almost certainly overkill at times, but its a whole lot simpler to enforce. 

In a way, its not dissimilar to many golf rules.  It doesn't matter what your intentions are, or whether you gained any advantage, certain actions are penalized.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

23 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I work in construction, and spend some of my time on jobsites.  Maybe 15 years ago I first encountered a rule that required safety glasses to be worn full time by everyone.  I'm an engineer, I don't do anything that would put me in danger of eye injury, so I was a little irritated by what I felt was an excessive rule.  I had a chance to talk to the safety director for the General Contractor, and he explained it to me.  In many cases, a worker may only be doing something that requires eye protection for five minutes out of the day.  He needs to use a hammer and chisel to cut a cotter pin, perhaps, something simple.  If he wasn't wearing safety glasses, or even if he had them in his back pocket, chances are he'd go ahead with the brief task without them.  Or a worker would walk past someone else who was using a grinder without thinking about it, walking through the "danger zone".  By requiring safety glasses full time, eye injuries on their projects were reduced by 40%.  

To me, masks are similar.  You may have been away from everyone else, not in or causing any increases risk to anyone.  But you're in an area in which the rules require masks, for much the same reasons.  The people who run the venue don't want to rely on the judgement of their customers, or the judgement of their enforcement people, they just want a single simple rule, and want it followed.  Its almost certainly overkill at times, but its a whole lot simpler to enforce. 

In a way, its not dissimilar to many golf rules.  It doesn't matter what your intentions are, or whether you gained any advantage, certain actions are penalized.

That's a well thought out and interesting take. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Some good news out of Michigan. Cases are dropping again. FWIW the governor did not impose any new restrictions. Perhaps this is all vaccine driven as we approach 50% of the state getting at lease one shot. 

It's interesting that this wave seems to have hit the same ceiling as the previous one. 

Anyway, perhaps we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. 

Covid.JPG

- Mark

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

they just want a single simple rule, and want it followed.  Its almost certainly overkill at times, but its a whole lot simpler to enforce. 

People aren’t brainless sheep. And as the article mentioned blanket enforcement encourages fatigue and takes away from the enforcement of wearing masks when actually needed. So why don’t you just wear safety goggles any time you’re outside? No. There’s a time for enforcement and there’s a time to be reasonable and logical. 
Sorry. Overkill is not a positive attitude. I agree with the article. 

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I need the government to sew my mask on to my ears. I walked into the grocery store yesterday without it on.

Careful what you wish for....

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

People aren’t brainless sheep. And as the article mentioned blanket enforcement encourages fatigue and takes away from the enforcement of wearing masks when actually needed. So why don’t you just wear safety goggles any time you’re outside? No. There’s a time for enforcement and there’s a time to be reasonable and logical. 
Sorry. Overkill is not a positive attitude. I agree with the article. 

But on a job site, it’s not overkill. My former company spends a lot of time and effort training for safety. Some of the training modules I took 30 times over the years. They also do a good job of marking the areas where different PPE are required like safety glasses, hearing protection, sleeved safety garments. We also had to have cotton garments for fire safety and special non-conductive safety shoes because we worked with aerosol equipment and propellants. You get used to it. I wore my prescription safety glasses routinely without even thinking about it. It’s not hard. It was our job.

I joke with my next door neighbor that he is the “before” guy in every safety video I’ve seen. Around the house, I will put on my safety glasses when working with power tools, painting, wear a dust mask and hearing protection when needed. He won’t at times and takes too many risks. I tell him that I’m not doing CPR on him when he finally shocks himself doing something stupid.

He does wear a mask for COVID though.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

They also do a good job of marking the areas where different PPE are required like safety glasses, hearing protection, sleeved safety garments.

Right. And wearing hearing protection in the break room would be overkill. It’s not necessary. On the job site is a poor comparison for masks/Covid regulations.

Out side activity with far beyond recommended social distancing doesn’t require masks to be worn. Period. Wearing a mask while playing golf alone is unnecessary.

Nobody should be chastised for doing it if they choose.
But more importantly nobody should be forced to wear one when there is zero chance of Covid infection occurring. I do not agree with the ‘just do it because it’s easier to enforce’ attitude.