IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

WTF Jon Rahm why didn't you get your vaccine you dumbass??

3 minutes ago, colin007 said:

WTF Jon Rahm why didn't you get your vaccine you dumbass??

Did he get it? I'm seeing reports that her may have... I'll take back the dumbass.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 5/15/2021 at 9:56 AM, David in FL said:

I don’t get flu shots either.

Interestingly only about 50% of the population do get flu shots. The efficacy of the flu shots generally runs about 50% each year as well as they try to predict the strain to target each year.

I suspect if annual shots are required for Covid the compliance in terms of getting them every year will drop dramatically just as it has with the flu.  We’re likely to end up somewhere around 65% - 70% vaccinated for Covid this first go around.  I’d be surprised if it didn’t drop dramatically in subsequent years.  Time will tell...

True.

What one person believes to be “good enough” for them, may not be “good enough” for another.  I don’t disparage either one.

It’s also true that some people simply and blindly do what others that they perceive to be in positions of authority tell them to do.  By the way, that’s not directed at anyone here.  It’s simply stated as a fact.

And many people lacking background, experience and context mistake information for understanding. Great that you don’t get the flu shot. Flu is not airborne transmissible the way SARS COVID-2 is. Most strains of flu are far less contagious and less lethal than this COVID. The flu virus comes in dozens of different strains which are slightly to significantly cross protective. COVID-2 has 1 strain with multiple variants and the vaccines are highly effective against all variants.

I understand that facts are not going to persuade you to change your mind. But state your case honestly and truthfully. This combination of changing rationale and facts out of context is or at least should be the realm of politicians and advertisements not adult debate.

On 6/4/2021 at 3:30 PM, Big Lex said:

So you get to decide what are good reasons, for everyone. 

No laws do as do social contracts. Public health overrules religious freedom. If your religious beliefs put others in danger they are not protected. 

On 6/4/2021 at 4:56 PM, boogielicious said:

Nothing funny about it. For medical advice, we go to doctors. You seem to think you are smarter than medical professionals. That is what is sad.

I'm a doctor. And my entire career post-internship has been in laboratory medicine. 

On 6/5/2021 at 1:01 AM, Vinsk said:

Give me a good reason not in those categories I listed. 

In medicine, yes I am David. You can’t diagnose a person’s illness and provide treatment that can save or improve their lives. Just because you don’t like being told what to do doesn’t make you as smart as your advisors when you decide what to listen too. If a cardio-thoracic surgeon tells you you have a 98% block in one of your major heart vessels and you need a bypass/stent, you don’t have the knowledge to ascertain if that’s the best thing for you. You can be stubborn and argue-refuse…but that sure as hell doesn’t make you as smart. 

I am in medicine, David; in fact I'm a pathologist who has worked in laboratories for most of my work life. I could give you a whole list of reasons, and it wouldn't change your opinion one whit, and that's fine. I'm not trying to convince you to think as I do.

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

ESPN college football analyst Kirk Herbstreit said on Tuesday that he has not regained his sense of smell or taste after a December bout with COVID-19. 

"Been 5 months since I tested positive for Covid. Still can’t taste or smell," Herbstreit tweeted Tuesday. "Anyone else experience this?? Did it ever come back?? Haven’t tasted a meal since late December. After 5 months...is this my new normal or will taste and smell come back???"

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

14 hours ago, dennyjones said:

ESPN college football analyst Kirk Herbstreit said on Tuesday that he has not regained his sense of smell or taste after a December bout with COVID-19. 

"Been 5 months since I tested positive for Covid. Still can’t taste or smell," Herbstreit tweeted Tuesday. "Anyone else experience this?? Did it ever come back?? Haven’t tasted a meal since late December. After 5 months...is this my new normal or will taste and smell come back???"

Man, that sucks!  Eating is one of the joys of life.  On the other hand, one can easily stick to their healthy diet. /s

But seriously, it must be a terrible thing not being able to taste or smell.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

23 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Same with my godson. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I would hate that. I love cooking too much, and would be totally pissed if I lost my taste. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
LongCovid_29-1024x576.jpg

More children and adolescents are experiencing chronic symptoms after Covid-19 even as the pandemic ebbs in the U.S.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I am sure the tone for getting the vaccine out to people might change more now that kids are becoming more adversely effected from COVID.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

• Administrator

Linus Torvalds, on the Linux mailing list:

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 11:08 AM Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
<lkml@metux.net> wrote:
>
> And I know *a lot* of people who will never take part in this generic
> human experiment that basically creates a new humanoid race (people
> who generate and exhaust the toxic spike proteine, whose gene sequence
> doesn't look quote natural). I'm one of them, as my whole family.

Please keep your insane and technically incorrect anti-vax comments to
yourself.

You don't know what you are talking about, you don't know what mRNA
is, and you're spreading idiotic lies. Maybe you do so unwittingly,
because of bad education. Maybe you do so because you've talked to
"experts" or watched youtube videos by charlatans that don't know what
they are talking about.

But dammit, regardless of where you have gotten your mis-information
from, any Linux kernel discussion list isn't going to have your
idiotic drivel pass uncontested from me.

Vaccines have saved the lives of literally tens of millions of people.

Just for your edification in case you are actually willing to be
educated: mRNA doesn't change your genetic sequence in any way. It is
the exact same intermediate - and temporary - kind of material that
your cells generate internally all the time as part of your normal
cell processes, and all that the mRNA vaccines do is to add a dose
their own specialized sequence that then makes your normal cell
machinery generate that spike protein so that your body learns how to
recognize it.

The half-life of mRNA is a few hours. Any injected mRNA will be all
gone from your body in a day or two. It doesn't change anything
long-term, except for that natural "your body now knows how to
recognize and fight off a new foreign protein" (which then tends to
fade over time too, but lasts a lot longer than a few days). And yes,
while your body learns to fight off that foreign material, you may
feel like shit for a while. That's normal, and it's your natural
response to your cells spending resources on learning how to deal with
the new threat.

And of the vaccines, the mRNA ones are the most modern, and the most
targeted - exactly because they do *not* need to have any of the other
genetic material that you traditionally have in a vaccine (ie no need
for basically the whole - if weakened - bacterial or virus genetic
material). So the mRNA vaccines actually have *less* of that foreign
material in them than traditional vaccines do. And  a *lot* less than
the very real and actual COVID-19 virus that is spreading in your
neighborhood.

Honestly, anybody who has told you differently, and who has told you
that it changes your genetic material, is simply uneducated.  You need
to stop believing the anti-vax lies, and you need to start protecting
your family and the people around you.  Get vaccinated.

I think you are in Germany, and COVID-19 numbers are going down. It's
spreading a lot less these days, largely because people around you
have started getting the vaccine - about half having gotten their
first dose around you, and about a quarter being fully vaccinated. If
you and your family are more protected these days, it's because of all
those other people who made the right choice, but it's worth noting
that as you see the disease numbers go down in your neighborhood,
those diminishing numbers are going to predominantly be about people
like you and your family.

So don't feel all warm and fuzzy about the fact that covid cases have
dropped a lot around you. Yes, all those vaccinated people around you
will protect you too, but if there is another wave, possibly due to a
more transmissible version - you and your family will be at _much_
higher risk than those vaccinated people because of your ignorance and
mis-information.

Get vaccinated. Stop believing the anti-vax lies.

And if you insist on believing in the crazy conspiracy theories, at
least SHUT THE HELL UP about it on Linux kernel discussion lists.

Linus

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The other day I was out walking and got involved in a conversation with an older guy about, of all things, oranges that were on a tree. We shared our thoughts about various citrus preferences and then out of the blue he said. "What about this vaccine? Are you going to take it?" We said yes, we've had our first shot and are looking forward to our second one "What about you?" I asked. His EXACT response was: "Absolutely not! It's a death shot." People who know me would say I'm rarely lost for words, but this absolutely floored me. Just as much as those lunatics who think they're magnetic - and what's more believe they can prove it! With non magnetic materials like aluminium and brass, of course - (as if that makes a difference anyway. LOL)

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

1 minute ago, Shorty said:

His EXACT response was: "Absolutely not! It's a death shot." People who know me would say I'm rarely lost for words, but this absolutely floored me. Just as much as those lunatics who think they're magnetic - and what's more believe they can prove it! With non magnetic materials like aluminium and brass, of course - (as if that makes a difference anyway. LOL)

if I think about how humans process information and what not. I can understand in some regard how people can have that opinion. It just goes to the fact that our science community isn't trusted as it should. Our leadership has done a horrible job in marketing the vaccine because there is no unifying message on both sides. You have people who live in the information silo's on the internet. In the end, they trust all this misinformation, probably because the people spouting it share some similar views in other areas, like politics. In this case, you just can't tell them that they are wrong, because who are you to them? Basically, there is no changing these people's opinions unless those they trust to give them what they believe is factual information say the vaccine is good. It's sad that these people have basically been brainwashed.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

Amazing that we are able to get such efficient level of protection with these vaccines. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

2021-06-13_17-49-01.png?itok=ecf2Tfng

Asked whether the AstraZeneca vaccine should be avoided for people over 60. He said, "Yes, and..." 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.

The American Medical Association says 96 percent of “practicing physicians” have been fully vaccinated for Covid-19.

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator
3 hours ago, David in FL said:

2021-06-13_17-49-01.png?itok=ecf2Tfng

Asked whether the AstraZeneca vaccine should be avoided for people over 60. He said, "Yes, and..." 

AZ isn’t even in the US. Cool point David. Way to stick to the golf talk.

They’ve given 78 million of those shots, too. Like the clotting here it’s an over-reaction, particularly considering infection rates among unvaccinated people.

Posting an article meant to provoke is trolling. At least stand for something and share some logic or reason. Your posts here are generally devoid of those.

And I’m still not convinced you read beyond headlines, even on your “approved” sites.

"In a pandemic context, our position was and is that the risk-benefit ratio remains favorable for all age groups," Marco Cavaleri, head of health threats and vaccine strategy at EMA, told Italian newspaper La Stampa.

Cavaleri told the local paper that since infections are declining and the younger population is less exposed to virus-related risks, it would be better to use RNA (mRNA) vaccines, such as Moderna and the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines.

Asked whether the AstraZeneca vaccine should be avoided for people over 60. He said, "Yes, and many countries, such as France and Germany, are considering it in the light of greater availability of mRNA vaccines."

On 6/10/2021 at 10:13 PM, saevel25 said:

if I think about how humans process information and what not. I can understand in some regard how people can have that opinion. It just goes to the fact that our science community isn't trusted as it should. Our leadership has done a horrible job in marketing the vaccine because there is no unifying message on both sides. You have people who live in the information silo's on the internet. In the end, they trust all this misinformation, probably because the people spouting it share some similar views in other areas, like politics. In this case, you just can't tell them that they are wrong, because who are you to them? Basically, there is no changing these people's opinions unless those they trust to give them what they believe is factual information say the vaccine is good. It's sad that these people have basically been brainwashed.

You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not reason themselves into.

Colin P.