IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Vaccinated individuals have a more well understood response than someone who may have had a case of COVID-19.

That is because they are mostly releasing studies on the vaccinated. I think this has been the biggest hole in an argument for the vaccines, because they don't even offer up data to the contrary scenario. That, to me, is fairly suspicious.

I believe that they have plenty of data and studies on "naturally immune" people, but they are refusing to release it. I know that this dips into conspiracy territory, but it makes perfect sense at the same time.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Bonvivant said:

That is because they are mostly releasing studies on the vaccinated.

No, that's a bad way of putting it. It's because they get a known dosage and we know when they get the vaccine and that they GOT the vaccine.

2 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

I think this has been the biggest hole in an argument for the vaccines

Ha ha ha. Okay.

This is not a "hole" in the "argument for vaccines."

3 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

I believe that they have plenty of data and studies

Nope.

And so because you "believe" something that isn't accurate, you form an invalid opinion of how they're being "suspicious."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I'm not pretending it's not.

Then what’s my angle?

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

2 hours ago, Wanzo said:

... with differing opinions among medical professionals.

With very, very, very few differing opinions.  But maybe they're all brainwashed... or worse, they already have the chip!  Sorry Wanzo, I don't intend to make light of your opinions but at some point when 99 out of 100 legit professionals are telling you to get vaccinated you have to listen.

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Wanzo said:

Then what’s my angle?

You're using "nuanced" as an excuse. And me saying "I'm not pretending its not" was in response to "COVID is nuanced."

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

I think this has been the biggest hole in an argument for the vaccines,

And how many holes are there in the arguments against the vaccines?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

7 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

And how many holes are there in the arguments against the vaccines?

That is kind of the point. They don't release studies on it....so we really don't have a clue.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

1 hour ago, iacas said:

You're using "nuanced" as an excuse.

For what?

Matt          My Swing

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Wanzo said:

For what?

I'm not discussing it further. Start a club with Bonvivant or something.

19 minutes ago, iacas said:

I'm not discussing it further. Start a club with Bonvivant or something.

You haven’t discussed it yet, but good reply.   

Matt          My Swing

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

• Administrator
Just now, Wanzo said:

You haven’t discussed it yet, but good reply.   

We're on f***ing page 188. I've discussed it plenty.

This is a golf forum. Talk about golf.

11 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Whether you're vaccinated or not is somewhat becoming a good barometer of your level of selfishness.  Unless you are a hermit and stay at home 24/7.

My 3 personal favorite arguments against being vaccinated are:

1 - (I saw this one just the other day) "I don't put anything in my body until I understand all of the long term effects." .... Takes a huge sip of Diet Coke. 

2 - "I'm not getting vaccinated because I don't want to be told what to do." ... Okay, so you don't stop at red lights? 

3 - "I think the government is using this whole thing as an excuse to plant a transmitter inside me. ... Oh shit, I gotta go charge my phone." 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

8 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

That is kind of the point. They don't release studies on it....so we really don't have a clue.

FFS. You think scientists are all huddled in some town in North Dakota hiding evidence from the world. We have plenty of clues about the efficacy of the vaccines. And let’s face it, you wouldn’t believe this top secret study if it didn’t fit your narrative anyway.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

12 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

That is because they are mostly releasing studies on the vaccinated. I think this has been the biggest hole in an argument for the vaccines, because they don't even offer up data to the contrary scenario. That, to me, is fairly suspicious.

I believe that they have plenty of data and studies on "naturally immune" people, but they are refusing to release it. I know that this dips into conspiracy territory, but it makes perfect sense at the same time.

I confess I'm not the smartest person on the planet. But I really don't see any reason not to get vaccinated. 

1- Its been proven to help. We can argue details of how much until the cows come home, but only a complete moron would believe it doesn't help at all.

2 - It's in your body for about 5 hours.

3 - We've been giving vaccines in this country since this has been a country. There has never been even one with a proven long term side effects. (Short term is possible, see point 4)

4 - The short term effects have been generally mild. Generally folks who have had any side effects would have been a lot worse off with the Covid side effects. 

5 - If you've ever attended school (public or private) in this country you've had literally dozens of vaccinations. Why draw the line at this one? 

6 - Where I live it's free and pretty much available in any drugstore. It takes maybe 2 minutes to get it. 

7 - Oh and by the way, it may save your life. 

8 - It's also likely to save the lives of several people you either do or do not know, depending on your R number. 

9 - Even religious leaders are telling their congregations to get vaccinated. 

Of all the things you want to fight against. Why this? Quit wasting all of your brain power thinking up goofy-ass reasons not to get vaccinated. Spend that brain power on other stuff. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Of all the things you want to fight against. Why this? Quit wasting all of your brain power thinking up goofy-ass reasons not to get vaccinated. Spend that brain power on other stuff. 

Yeah. Almost nobody has a good reason. The number of people who medically shouldn't get the vaccine (allergic to an ingredient, whatever) is very, very small.

They didn't let you into college before if you weren't vaccinated against things, so even those fighting vaccine mandates… are probably politicizing this, or doing something else.

And I understand that just because you "caved" or did something when you were 17 or 18 (or 2 or 3 or 5) doesn't mean you have to cave as an adult… but… again, the actual number of "good" reasons not to get vaccinated now are very, very small.

P.S. If you had COVID and want to claim "natural" immunity, two things are true:

• The vaccine isn't going to hurt you. It's only going to boost your immune response.
  • Vaccines are just as "natural" an immunity. When you use the term "natural immunity" to talk about only post-COVID-infection stuff, you're exposing your lack of knowledge.

45 minutes ago, iacas said:

They didn't let you into college before if you weren't vaccinated against things, so even those fighting vaccine mandates… are probably politicizing this, or doing something else.

Its pretty much this and also people who think that vaccines are bad for religious reasons. Or, they are justifying their politics based on some sort of religious region. 

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

FFS. You think scientists are all huddled in some town in North Dakota hiding evidence from the world. We have plenty of clues about the efficacy of the vaccines. And let’s face it, you wouldn’t believe this top secret study if it didn’t fit your narrative anyway.

This is the craziest stuff. Like people would understand the scientific articles if they were handed them. 

Scientist are trying to explain things the best they can, so people who are not scientist are able to get people to get the vaccine. To some part, it can sounds like they are hiding stuff. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Question - I got my second shot the last week of February, but couldn't get boosted until the middle of November, is my level of protection lower than it would've been had I been able to get all my shots within the recommended 6 month window?

Colin P.