IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, Shindig said:

The gaiter-style ones?

Yes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just got an email from my club’s GM that a staff member was tested positive for Covid. I have no idea if I came into contact with him in the last week or two, or if anyone else who worked closely with him is asymptomatic, sick or negative. Darn it, my cough just returned a few days ago and now I am paranoid...

Edited by FlyingAce

1 minute ago, FlyingAce said:

I just got an email from my club’s GM that a staff member was tested positive for Covid. I have no idea if I came into contact with him in the last week or two, or if anyone else who worked closely with him is asymptomatic or negative. Darn it, my cough just returned a few days ago and now I am paranoid...

Relax.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

16 minutes ago, FlyingAce said:

I just got an email from my club’s GM that a staff member was tested positive for Covid. I have no idea if I came into contact with him in the last week or two, or if anyone else who worked closely with him is asymptomatic or negative. Darn it, my cough just returned a few days ago and now I am paranoid...

Did you have extended close contact, or was it incidental contact?  And I'll bet he was wearing a facial covering when you came into contact with him, and there's a good chance you were too.  I would bet it was incidental contact, and if so, relax, as suggested by @Vinsk (who I think is a medical doctor of some sort)

Best thing you can do right now is to send the staff member an email (or, if you don't know who it was or their contact info, the GM and ask it be forwarded) wishing him well. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

1 hour ago, FlyingAce said:

I just got an email from my club’s GM that a staff member was tested positive for Covid. I have no idea if I came into contact with him in the last week or two, or if anyone else who worked closely with him is asymptomatic, sick or negative. Darn it, my cough just returned a few days ago and now I am paranoid...

I'm not going to listen to the self proclaimed experts on a golf site, not when there's so much published directly from Fauci and the CDC.  CDC, quarantine if you might be sick...

coronavirus-1200x675.jpg

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a virus (more specifically, a coronavirus) identified as the cause of an outbreak of respiratory illness first detected in Wuhan, China.

12 hours ago, iacas said:

I bought some of the SA Shield things. They had a buy one, get four free. I paid $20 for one, $5 for shipping, and $1.50 for tax. So $26.50 and I have five buffs.

They're fairly breathable, but obviously should still be trapping moisture. My current masks are THICK. Nothing comes out of them, which kinda stinks. And I sound funny when I talk, muted and mutated.

I have a Mission gaiter that is similar. I wear it when my wife and I walk or going into the clubhouse to pay for a round. I have other masks for stores like the ones at a hospital.  

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
7 hours ago, No Mulligans said:

I'm not going to listen to the self proclaimed experts on a golf site

Has anyone self proclaimed themselves to be an expert? Yeah, didn't think so… Let's all stop with the bullshit narrative that if you disagree with someone, they've proclaimed themselves "experts." It hasn't happened.

image.png

The site you linked to says the above. It's unlikely that @FlyingAce was within six feet of the person for ≥ 15 minutes, made out with the staff member, etc. Especially since she can't even remember if she saw that person.

And the one person who is closest to an expert - a doctor actually performing tests and treating patients - has chimed in here and said "relax."

It boils down to this, IMO:

• Take the necessary precautions. Wear masks. Avoid crowded areas.
  • Unless you have complicating factors or live with someone who is compromised, live your life within bullet point A. We don't need to become a nation of shut-ins.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have no idea who this person is but he worked closely with the proshop guys before getting sick and the staff at my club weren’t exactly following the mask order, neither were a majority of the members.  I heard the staff will all get tested. 

I started my 2-week quarantine as a precaution as soon as I developed a cough. But with a confirmed positive at the club, my husband will have to be tested since he cannot afford to expose anything to his patients who are all immuno comprimised. 

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Has anyone self proclaimed themselves to be an expert? Yeah, didn't think so… Let's all stop with the bullshit narrative that if you disagree with someone, they've proclaimed themselves "experts." It hasn't happened.

image.png

The site you linked to says the above. It's unlikely that @FlyingAce was within six feet of the person for ≥ 15 minutes, made out with the staff member, etc. Especially since she can't even remember if she saw that person.

And the one person who is closest to an expert - a doctor actually performing tests and treating patients - has chimed in here and said "relax."

It boils down to this, IMO:

• Unless you have complicating factors or live with someone who is compromised, live your life within bullet point A. We don't need to become a nation of shut-ins.

After calling my post bullshit and editing out from where you quoted me the whole point of my post where I said check what Fauci says, check the CDC.. Then you post the exact same article I did.  You're just trying to find fault.  And Vinsk has claimed he is an expert, and he could be, probably is, but there is a lot of deception on internet forums.  Regardless, it doesn't matter  I don't need to vet Vinsk, one can just go to his sources, the CDC and Fauci.  That's the point.

Edited by No Mulligans

• Administrator

I didn’t call your post bullshit. I called the tactic bullshit, then pointed out that the article you cited said that she almost certainly doesn’t have to worry much and almost surely should not self quarantine unless she wants to be abundantly cautious.

And @Vinsk has not proclaimed he is an expert - medical boards have (or whatever certifies him). The difference matters.

Again, take precautions but let’s not all go nuts.

And look, I'm guilty of this too, but let's all endeavor to look for commonalities in this while still allowing people to have their opinions as well. Let's avoid the bull, and realize that this is an off-topic forum, not the reason we're all here.

All I was trying to say in my last post was that @FlyingAce most likely doesn't have to worry — she probably wasn't in contact with the person for ≥ 15 minutes at ≤ 6 feet. I'd like to encourage rational thought, not over-reactions. Are some states, like FL, doing a crappy job? You bet. But I'm not in FL, I'm not going to crowded bars, I'm not skipping wearing my mask… and I'm still going about living my life for the most part. Most everyone else here can, too, so long as they're not being dumb. But again, we don't need to become a nation of shut-ins afraid of everyone.

4 hours ago, No Mulligans said:

And Vinsk has claimed he is an expert,

I did no such thing. I am a medical expert as I hold an MD and currently practice medicine with said degree. I merely pointed out my experience and knowledge base for COVID-19 of which I’m not an expert. These types of frivolous posts are what we are trying to avoid. 

6 hours ago, iacas said:

As a medical expert I agree with this.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

There is always a lag between diagnosis and hospitalization and death.  All these people saying death rate continues to fall when the infection rate is increasing is dillusional.

Now comes time to pay the piper:

desantisron_070720getty_florida.jpg

Dozens of hospitals in Florida are at their ICU capacity as the state struggles to contain its massive spike of COVID-19 cases.

And death rates in Texas is recording a very significant increase as well.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• Administrator
AgEXQTJsMlFZSDZqVG5hYXpSNWNEaHd2LXcAMA

Stark figures reveal the long-expected upturn in the nation's daily death toll has begun, with...

Some people will call the “death rate” the % off cases that result in death. As the average age of positive cases dips into the low 30s, that rate will decrease.

And we were at 2500 earlier in the year. We are at 660 now? Still not good, and it’s increasing, but it’s not 2500.

Not downplaying it. Just adding some context.

And I’m not one to go to bars.

We wonder why this is spreading. My ex-nephew-in-law has been partying with his friends and going to the gym even after he started showing symptoms. He got tested (positive) after he started feeling really bad. Maybe they should close bars again since these kids can't control themselves.

B9340712685Z.1_20200702001406_000_G4TQSP

Young people are increasingly catching and spreading coronavirus, and similar parties have been reported in other areas of the nation.

- Shane

2 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

We wonder why this is spreading. My ex-nephew-in-law has been partying with his friends and going to the gym even after he started showing symptoms. He got tested (positive) after he started feeling really bad. Maybe they should close bars again since these kids can't control themselves.

So basically, screw others I want to do what I want to do mentality.

While it may not be fatal to most young people, it can have a long lasting health effect.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

2 minutes ago, Yukari said:

So basically, screw others I want to do what I want to do mentality.

Not basically. Exactly, AND HIS DAD IS A DOCTOR!!!

His biologic father that is.

- Shane

2 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

B9340712685Z.1_20200702001406_000_G4TQSP

Young people are increasingly catching and spreading coronavirus, and similar parties have been reported in other areas of the nation.

I have a 21 year old "kid" and he and none of his friends can control themselves, nor care to.  It's life as usual.  Hang out at someone's house, drink, sit on the couch, pass a joint.  He didn't get this from me.  Though I did some of that stuff in my 20's... but there was no Covid-19.  And had there been I think I would have been smart enough to follow a few rules to stay safe.

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I have a 21 year old "kid" and he and none of his friends can control themselves, nor care to.  It's life as usual.  Hang out at someone's house, drink, sit on the couch, pass a joint.  He didn't get this from me.  Though I did some of that stuff in my 20's... but there was no Covid-19.  And had there been I think I would have been smart enough to follow a few rules to stay safe.

This is why they are going to have to close everything back down. Responsible adults will be punished for the actions of the irresponsible. As Bill Cosby always said, children are brain damaged. These are just overgrown children.

- Shane