IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

9 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Fine...but having no idea what your levels actually are is taking a chance. We don’t blindly suggest supplements and go by ‘ should be ok.’ We get the levels and go from there. 

There you go bringing Science into this again! The Infomercial World hates doctors like you!

FWIW, I don’t have a thyroid anymore as it was being a little bitch a while back and I fired it. So I take Vitamin D as a supplement anyway.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

FWIW, I don’t have a thyroid anymore as it was being a little bitch a while back and I fired it. 

I love it - sometimes you just gotta take control 😊

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

There you go bringing Science into this again! The Infomercial World hates doctors like you!

FWIW, I don’t have a thyroid anymore as it was being a little bitch a while back and I fired it. So I take Vitamin D as a supplement anyway.

Yeah...thyroid a finicky lil bastard...lol.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Question - they've been telling people to take whatever vaccine is made available to them. Would you be able to take either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine later if the only thing you could get right now was one of the lower efficacy vaccines?

Colin P.

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

The surgeon was explaining the removal of part of my wife's thyroid many years ago and when he finished he asked if we had any questions. I said, yeah, "could he install a mute switch while he was in there"...  Good thing I didn't bruise easily back then but it's one of those things we laugh about now.  😁

Our 2nd Moderna shot that was due tomorrow has been postponed 'til Saturday due to the weather and holiday. Things happen...

3 hours ago, colin007 said:

Question - they've been telling people to take whatever vaccine is made available to them. Would you be able to take either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine later if the only thing you could get right now was one of the lower efficacy vaccines?

I'll let the medical professionals chime in but I heard that once you take one brand of vaccine you have to take the same follow up vaccine.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I'll let the medical professionals chime in but I heard that once you take one brand of vaccine you have to take the same follow up vaccine.

I don't think that's what he's asking, but… I also don't know what he's asking, either, as the J&J vaccine (the "lower efficacy" one) isn't out yet.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I am asking a hypothetical question. Because my wife is part of the group that's going to be last vaccinated, by the time she does get vaccinated I'm guessing the Johnson & Johnson vaccine will be part of the vaccines used. In the event that she gets that vaccine, will she be able to get a vaccine further in the future that is more effective

Edited by colin007
Spelling

Colin P.

• Administrator
johnson-johnson-covid-19-vaccine-promo-1

An adenovirus helps prime the immune system to fight the coronavirus.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Good article.

As to my question - yes, no, IDK?

I don't think your question has been answered yet.  The other question... whether you can choose Pfizer or Moderna hasn't even been answered.  Because of the scarcity of vaccine I think it's take what we give you and don't ask questions...

On 2/14/2021 at 1:04 PM, Billy Z said:

It's been only 4 days since my 2nd Pfizer shot, so these posts are good info to me. Naysayers have got to keep in mind that even with the yearly flu vaccine people still contract the flu. Also, the flu symptoms are often much less for the vaccinated individuals. 

Comparing the COVID vaccine to the Flu vaccine is not correct. We get yearly flu vaccines because we are predicting the specific stains that will be likely. People can be infected because they get a non-covered strain or due to incomplete protection.

For SARS COV-2 there is 1 strain (now with several variants). It is much more like a Measles vaccine than a flu vaccine. If we need boosters remains to be seen due to incomplete data about the length of protection.

My second Moderna shot was scheduled to be tonight. They have postponed it to (hopefully) Monday. I know they've said a few extra days over the 3 week interval isn't going to affect the efficacy, but I can't help worrying that I'm gonna lose a few percentage points. Grrrrr

Colin P.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, colin007 said:

My second Moderna shot was scheduled to be tonight. They have postponed it to (hopefully) Monday. I know they've said a few extra days over the 3 week interval isn't going to affect the efficacy, but I can't help worrying that I'm gonna lose a few percentage points. Grrrrr

You won't.

23 minutes ago, colin007 said:

They actually extended the time to second dose to 28 days minimum as the recommendation from 21 days.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, iacas said:

You won't.

I'm a major worry wart....not a good quality

50 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

They actually extended the time to second dose to 28 days minimum as the recommendation from 21 days.

Minimum??? Oh god...now I'm definitely screwed 😞

Colin P.

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

I'm a major worry wart....not a good quality

Minimum??? Oh god...now I'm definitely screwed 😞

No...you’re fine. Relax. I got mine at 21 days exact. Seriously....it’s all good bro.

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

No...you’re fine. Relax. I got mine at 21 days exact. Seriously....it’s all good bro.

Fffthh why should I trust you?? You hang out with David....  😉

Edited by colin007
Forgot something

Colin P.