IGNORED

Tiger (and Manning) vs. Phil (and Brady) "Champions for Charity" Match Official!

boogielicious
Note: This thread is 1419 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I taped it and watched yesterday. It was fun that way. It was a better format than last weeks. I liked that they played in the rain too. I liked the trash talking and Peyton’s rolling commentary. He is funny. They should have kept the mic on him more in the cart.

Phil’s personality came out too, which was entertaining. He is a very confident FIGJAM. Brady showed he was human after all. I think they were muting his mic during the F-bombs. I’ve seen that stone face so many times when things are not going right. 

Tiger was quiet for the most part and I think the rain caused some breakdowns. Charles was Charles, always a character. The carts definitely sped things up. I enjoyed it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 5/24/2020 at 8:13 PM, iacas said:

Best golf event on TV since the 2019 Masters.

100%!

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I taped it and watched yesterday. It was fun that way. It was a better format than last weeks. I liked that they played in the rain too. I liked the trash talking and Peyton’s rolling commentary. He is funny. They should have kept the mic on him more in the cart.

Phil’s personality came out too, which was entertaining. He is a very confident FIGJAM. Brady showed he was human after all. I think they were muting his mic during the F-bombs. I’ve seen that stone face so many times when things are not going right. 

Tiger was quiet for the most part and I think the rain caused some breakdowns. Charles was Charles, always a character. The carts definitely sped things up. I enjoyed it.

Me???  I wasn't there!  Oh, Brady.  Yeah, I can totally relate.  IMHO, he was just having an off-day.  I know I have waaayy too many off-days on a golf course.  🤬

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Well its officially the most watched golf event in cable history beating the 2010 Masters according to the GolfWRX newsletter.

If you are the PGA, you have to notice this right?

I believe I enjoyed this telecast as much or more than most PGA tournaments.  It was certainly entertaining, too bad the weather was not good. I particularly like the modified alternate shot format on the back 9.  

Butch

1 minute ago, cutchemist42 said:

If you are the PGA you also have to notice that golfers are starved to watch live golf on television right now.

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

If you are the PGA you also have to notice that golfers are starved to watch live golf on television right now.

Not only that, but there are probably a few football fans that tuned in just because of that. Heck, even basketball fans may have tuned in just because it's live sport. I don't think that the viewership of this event had anything to do with anything about the event itself, other than timing.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

If you are the PGA, you just hit "forward" and send the email to the PGA Tour.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

38 minutes ago, iacas said:

If you are the PGA, you just hit "forward" and send the email to the PGA Tour.

I was just following the lead of the guy before me.  I should know better.  I think PGA is sort of a "catch-all" for a lot of folks... even when they're referring to USGA events.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I was just following the lead of the guy before me.  I should know better.  I think PGA is sort of a "catch-all" for a lot of folks... even when they're referring to USGA events.

I know. I was mostly talking to the guy before you, too.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I taped it and watched yesterday. It was fun that way.

I recorded it too.  And watched it 45 minutes later while fast forwarding through all the commercials.  It was fun to not have to watch the commercials.  I do that with the evening news, as well.

Other than playing well, Tiger didn't bring much to the table.  He seemed very quiet.  Would have been nice if he were more talkative.  Phil tried.  And Manning added a lot.  I really liked Chuck's commentating.  Imagine if the two pros were Trevino and Fuzzy.  Or Chi Chi.  That's what I'm talking about.  Nevertheless, I enjoyed it.  By the way, Florida is having its wettest May on record.  Also, the Medalist is a much better course than the highly over-rated Seminole.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Herkimer said:

Also, the Medalist is a much better course than the highly over-rated Seminole.

Yeah, no. But thank you. We can now rightly ship your takes on golf courses without even reading them.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 10:07 AM, cutchemist42 said:

Well its officially the most watched golf event in cable history beating the 2010 Masters according to the GolfWRX newsletter.

Heard quite a bit of talk about this on sports talk radio right after. You don't have to mic up everybody, but I'd sure pick a few folks to mic up. Especially Justin Thomas!  He was very funny. 

On 5/28/2020 at 7:15 AM, iacas said:

Yeah, no. But thank you. We can now rightly ship your takes on golf courses without even reading them.

AMEN!!!

• Administrator

No guarantees how long that will last.

Note: This thread is 1419 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!