IGNORED

Why Do I Still Keep Going Back to the Wilson 8802?

Note: This thread is 1345 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Kloeshuman said:

I still keep wanting to go back to my Wilson 8802 milled putter...is that crazy? I just love the look and feel of it

Yes. Stop that nonsense and go get fitted for something respectable!😃

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What is crazy about using your favorite putter?  

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

There’s professional help available for that…

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

But do you putt better with it? That’s the only question that matters.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

23 minutes ago, Kloeshuman said:

I dont know....nothing I can remember....maybe my first putter?

Im in my  50's......so maybe

My late uncle had a pickle putter. He loved that thing and didn’t care what anyone thought. 

- Shane

8 hours ago, billchao said:

But do you putt better with it? That’s the only question that matters.

@Kloeshuman ...And he means this statistically.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

9 hours ago, Kloeshuman said:

I still keep wanting to go back to my Wilson 8802 milled putter...is that crazy? I just love the look and feel of it

If you can aim it well and control distance with it, then by all means keep using it. I find that shape easy to aim and so does Phil Mickelson.

DA8EF0D9-AF4F-4A10-8538-3471C8010E34.jpeg

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• iacas changed the title to Why Do I Still Keep Going Back to the Wilson 8802?
  • 1 month later...

So I tried to post to my op but it wouldnt let me. Anyway,I took out the 8802 a few weeks ago.....and  I love IT! Only 2 maybe 3 times did I 3 putt. The rest were 1 or 2 putts....semed to aim so easy.  Love this putter!

The 8802 is the putter I learned to putt with on fast breaking bent grass greens. I have a strong arc putting motion and imo that putter is one of the best models to support that type putting motion.

Maybe its my age but when I see that putter today in someones bag I think, there is someone who can putt. 

I have switched to mallet style/insert modern putter as its got more error correction built in with all the face tech but with an 8802 you either hit the putt well or you don't. Nothing to correct bad stroke. But the sweet spot, the feel is awesome on those blade style putters. Bobby Grace has his version of the 8802 but with a modern insert that is also really nice and looks very similar. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have an odyssey (#8?) putter that's a direct knock off of the 8802. I got it when I lived down south, but I still use it when the greens get fast. I just find I have better touch with it on fast greens. fantastic feel and design. The beauty of golf is everyone plays their own game..... use what you want. 

Note: This thread is 1345 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!