IGNORED

2020 PGA Championship

iacas
Note: This thread is 1352 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 8/7/2020 at 10:37 AM, Double Mocha Man said:

Every chunk of data has its own private bell curve.

Only 'normally distributed' data has a bell curve.  Not all data follows a normal distribution.  So no, every chunk of data is not normally distributed.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

48 minutes ago, turtleback said:

Only 'normally distributed' data has a bell curve.  Not all data follows a normal distribution.  So no, every chunk of data is not normally distributed.

Good point Turtleback.  My bad.  Yes, it takes a Gaussian distribution to achieve a bell curve.  Sometimes there can be skewed distribution that doesn't produce a bell curve, then you end up with what I would call a multi-modal distribution or graph.  Sorta like the distribution of my golf shots.

3 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2020%2F0806%2Fr728142_1

Cameron Tringale has been disqualified from the PGA Championship after signing an incorrect scorecard following his second round on Friday.

😣

He was in it? Lol.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Like 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Tiger just hit a gap wedge 95 yards.  Finally, he does something I can do besides missing putts!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Second place Lorenzo-Vera dropped an f bomb during post round interview back in 2019.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Okay, I have turned a corner on the commercials-with-golf on the same screen view.  I just got to see Tony Finau  and Tiger Woods make putts during an AT&T commercial.  I don't much care for AT&T but their commercials are fantastic. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Playing the final 3 holes as birdie-par-birdie is pretty good.  If Tiger can play every 3-hole stretch this way tomorrow, he has a chance to win this.

-- Michael | My swing! 

46 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Playing the final 3 holes as birdie-par-birdie is pretty good.  If Tiger can play every 3-hole stretch this way tomorrow, he has a chance to win this.

Nothing like a positive attitude. If you feel like putting your money where your optimism is you can get 1500/1 on Tiger to win tomorrow 

Stevie T

I think Faldo referenced Depeche Mode. Enjoy the Silence. 

• Upvote 1

Steve

Phil quoted Dave Pelz for saying the flagstick can help you.  Phil, I don't want to tell you how to talk, but I would have said a different name if I were asked on TV about the flagstick.  

Also, Tommy Fleetwood had all that downtime during the break, he's made a ton of money over the past few years, and he didn't get his haircut.  I realize hair cut places were closed, but you'd think he could hire someone to come to his place and do it or something.  Maybe England works differently than the U.S..  I'm starting to think he's doing the long hair thing on purpose. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

There’s so many in contention it feels like I’m missing a lot of shots. Don’t show McIlroy. He’s pretty much out of it. 

Steve

Haotong Li had the best first pitch of anyone I've seen attempt the feat this calendar year.

-- Michael | My swing! 

5 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

There’s so many in contention it feels like I’m missing a lot of shots. Don’t show McIlroy. He’s pretty much out of it. 

This is a common bugbear of mine. Not enough coverage of golf, too much BS chat, interviews and of course commercials...

Stevie T

Mickelson is quite the chatterbox. The peloton is breathing down the leader’s neck. 

• Like 1

Steve

I'm enjoying listening to Phil as an announcer. He's got some interesting insights, I think. And, he can be pretty funny.

• Like 1

Just now, Zippo said:

I'm enjoying listening to Phil as an announcer. He's got some interesting insights, I think. And, he can be pretty funny.

Totally agree. I think he’s doing great. Astronomically better than Love III.

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Note: This thread is 1352 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!