IGNORED

Golf Carts - Rant Incoming

darthweasel
Note: This thread is 1329 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 8/27/2020 at 9:47 AM, Mr22putt said:

Hi Ace:

Nice to hear from you. Always glad to see you post about the CLOWNS you encounter while playing golf....seems like New Mexico is full of YAHOO golfers.😁

How's your game?

My game is getting slightly better...trying to trap the ball more on irons shots to compress the ball more and hit lower wedge shots into the green for more distance control and it's working.....though being a mental midget....my pitch and chip shots still s*ck....my practice is great...just can't bring it to the course.

Had 10 GIR's in a row from 9-18 the last time out....13 total GIR's ....41/36...and 3 birdies.....but prior..... mostly scores in the low 80's.

I just realized the new cap system only counts best 8 scores w/o the 0.96 multiplier.....cap only went down a bit to 8.0

I am actually still a member at my old club, was debating to end it or not on 9/1 when I got an email from the GM that someone at the club tested positive and was there yesterday. I managed to stay away from the club all of August EXCEPT yesterday to drop off a payment and I chatted with a few people too. I hate that they don’t tell you where this person had been so I am on 14-day quarantine again. It is safer for my husband to go to work at the hospital than to go to the club...geez  

My game has been good. My driver is still improving and I am getting used to my new 3w. I am actually cutting down on golf lately, only playing 4 rounds a week instead of 6. My hcp has been fluctuating a bit but still managed to stay below 6. 

Keep up the good work. 8 hcp is very good!

I really don’t know why I keep running into weirdos on the course...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

With a lifetime membership at my home course, carts are free for me, but I rarely take them. Walking is great exercise and I will walk whenever I can. Eventually, I'll need to take carts when walking 9 becomes physically difficult. I grew up in a time when carts were somewhat rare - the days when you could hire a caddy to carry your bag if you wanted to. It was a great summertime job for a lot of kids. Today's new golfer starts with a cart, and thinks that it is the only way to play a round. Some of the newer course layouts make it impractical to walk, due to the distances between greens and tees.

There must be a special place in hell for the person who came up with the GPS golf cart that comes to a dead stop when entering one of the poorly marked "restricted" areas on the course. You have to put the cart into reverse and back out all the way to the cart path. Try one of these carts in a scramble on a course you are unfamiliar with. After your cart dies a few times, you will want to take your bag out of the cart and start walking the rest of the way.

On 8/28/2020 at 9:27 PM, FlyingAce said:

I am actually still a member at my old club, was debating to end it or not on 9/1 when I got an email from the GM that someone at the club tested positive and was there yesterday. I managed to stay away from the club all of August EXCEPT yesterday to drop off a payment and I chatted with a few people too. I hate that they don’t tell you where this person had been so I am on 14-day quarantine again. It is safer for my husband to go to work at the hospital than to go to the club...geez  

My game has been good. My driver is still improving and I am getting used to my new 3w. I am actually cutting down on golf lately, only playing 4 rounds a week instead of 6. My hcp has been fluctuating a bit but still managed to stay below 6. 

Keep up the good work. 8 hcp is very good!

I really don’t know why I keep running into weirdos on the course...

Hi Ace

WTF....another incident at the old club...what a GONG show and now another 14 day quarantine....blah.

Glad to hear you;re playing well....my last 2 rds were GARBAGE...I hate golf....ok....going to play twilight with a friend today.

Take care and be well......all the Pink Shirt Millennials are causing our Covid cases to spike...we had a record number of 124 new cases on Friday and got as low as 8/day a few months ago....but serious cases remain low.....23 in hospital and 7 in ICU and death rate many days at zero but a 203 total deaths.....I wear a mask when shopping. 

On 8/30/2020 at 12:13 PM, Mr22putt said:

Hi Ace

WTF....another incident at the old club...what a GONG show and now another 14 day quarantine....blah.

Glad to hear you;re playing well....my last 2 rds were GARBAGE...I hate golf....ok....going to play twilight with a friend today.

Take care and be well......all the Pink Shirt Millennials are causing our Covid cases to spike...we had a record number of 124 new cases on Friday and got as low as 8/day a few months ago....but serious cases remain low.....23 in hospital and 7 in ICU and death rate many days at zero but a 203 total deaths.....I wear a mask when shopping. 

What state are you in?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

On 8/30/2020 at 10:13 AM, Mr22putt said:

Hi Ace

Wow! What happened?! You guys had it under control for the longest time!!!! No one knows what the long term effects are even if you survive and recover. I asked the cart guys who’s the latest positive case and they didn’t even know there was one from last week! I think management needs to tell at least the staff what’s going on!

I am officially not a member of my old club anymore. Don’t really miss it much. There is so much drama there - see my post about club championship...

8 hours ago, FlyingAce said:

Wow! What happened?! You guys had it under control for the longest time!!!! No one knows what the long term effects are even if you survive and recover. I asked the cart guys who’s the latest positive case and they didn’t even know there was one from last week! I think management needs to tell at least the staff what’s going on!

I am officially not a member of my old club anymore. Don’t really miss it much. There is so much drama there - see my post about club championship...

Hi Ace

It's all the self absorbed and entitled Millenials that are partying and spreading Covid....IDIOTS.

Glad you quit that stupid club....you know it's a lousy club when members wouldn't ask or play golf with a 5.5 cap women....if you played here.....guys would line up to ask to play golf with you...me included....likely not the women...likely would be intimidated by you.

Played yesterday with 2 CRAZY but fun Korean ladies...they were/are lousy golfers and I was hit twice yesterday with their 2 hosel rockets. 😄

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Mr22putt said:

It's all the self absorbed and entitled Millenials that are partying and spreading Covid....IDIOTS.

You realize millennials are 24-39 right now, right?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

11 hours ago, Mr22putt said:

Please switch to using Gen Z 😉

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

37 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Please switch to using Gen Z 😉

Or we could just drop the "Generational Stereotypes" altogether.  There are idiots in every generation.  And when I was young I thought my parents were stupid and out of touch and my parents thought I was clueless.  Things have not changed as much as people may think. 

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

10 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Makes me feel old!

I’m a boomer baby! There are plenty of dopes in my group!

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

10 hours ago, Mr22putt said:

I'm old as dirt...I think anyone under 50 is a Millennial.😁🤣

That's ok, us Gen-X'ers don't care what you think. 😉

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Note: This thread is 1329 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!