IGNORED

2021 Waste Management Open

phillyk
Note: This thread is 1144 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Seems right that this tournament should start the return of fans to the course. The buzz for week was on PR and the USGA’s and R&A’s areas of interest. So, It’ll be nice to get back to live golf and of course all the WM commercials.

I’m rooting for Fowler and Schauffele this week. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

38 minutes ago, phillyk said:

Seems right that this tournament should start the return of fans to the course. The buzz for week was on PR and the USGA’s and R&A’s areas of interest. So, It’ll be nice to get back to live golf and of course all the WM commercials.

I'll be rooting for Wolfe and will enjoy watching many others in the field. I'll be listening to Justin Thomas...  😬

39 minutes ago, phillyk said:

I agree. Fowler...yeah I’ve really kinda forgotten about him. Aside from his Tour Championship win I just don’t get a lot from this guy. Just seems he’s not a four good round guy anymore. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

53 minutes ago, phillyk said:

...and of course all the WM commercials.

Ah yes, the talking dumpsters.  They should throw one of those commercials into the Super Bowl lineup of ads.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

I was a bit confused watching the coverage, because they were focusing on only two groups. Then I noticed that the title of the coverage is featured groups only and normal coverage starts later. Interesting, but works for me.  Fowler's SG Approach and Putting is awful and it's showing today.  Schauffele is tearing it up.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

14 minutes ago, phillyk said:

Fowler's SG Approach and Putting is awful and it's showing today.  Schauffele is tearing it up.

He used to be a very reliable borderline great putter. This ain’t good so far today. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

5 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I agree. Fowler...yeah I’ve really kinda forgotten about him. Aside from his Tour Championship win I just don’t get a lot from this guy. Just seems he’s not a four good round guy anymore. 

I would suspect the is working on not laying the club off as he always has which is evidently not working yet.  

48 minutes ago, Birdieputt said:

I would suspect the is working on not laying the club off as he always has which is evidently not working yet.  

Yeah who knows. But he was really never ‘great’. At least Spieth had a good run. I see Rickie fading off the charts completely.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Spieth a potential good story here. Stricker...not so much. Ok...he’s the most amazing guy out there and should be carried off the course. But slobbing all over him may not be the best for entertainment. He’s the most god-awful bore out there. Hey...I’m 51...but when one of these oldies plays well....just let it go...don’t get too carried away. There’s a lot of golf left. I hope I don’t have to watch Captain Snooze-Fest too much....

44 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Spieth a potential good story here. Stricker...not so much. Ok...he’s the most amazing guy out there and should be carried off the course. But slobbing all over him may not be the best for entertainment. He’s the most god-awful bore out there. Hey...I’m 51...but when one of these oldies plays well....just let it go...don’t get too carried away. There’s a lot of golf left. I hope I don’t have to watch Captain Snooze-Fest too much....

You're right.  Nice guy that Stricker.  But totally boring.  Wonder what he could do to get more attention... maybe too late.  He goes to work, punches the time clock, finishes his work, punches the time clock.

I could not hit a golf ball without a wrist hinge.  Somehow he's got it figured out.

And hey...how about Daniel Burger having the most painful to watch pre-putt routine....wow....just awful.

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

And hey...how about Daniel Burger having the most painful to watch pre-putt routine....wow....just awful.

Cant find a video of it

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

1 hour ago, woodzie264 said:

Cant find a video of it

Me neither but saw it several times yesterday and today. So he does the basic set up...lines the ball...squats behind it....then he gets in position to make the putt....stands there about 10sec...then...psyche! He steps back....gets down and realigns the ball again.....

3 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Me neither but saw it several times yesterday and today. So he does the basic set up...lines the ball...squats behind it....then he gets in position to make the putt....stands there about 10sec...then...psyche! He steps back....gets down and realigns the ball again.....

Nobody who takes too much time to line up a putt should ever win a tournament. Otherwise there will be copy-cats out there that we all have to suffer.

10 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

You’re right, sounds miserable 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

6 hours ago, Vinsk said:

You're only 51? Good grief I have hemorrhoids older than you! 😀

Did you see Burns' 53 footer? That was pretty good and hey! My man Wolfe made the cut and is ONLY 9 back. Well, OK, he's 9 back but he's only 5 behind Koepka and Koepka's only 4 back...

5 hours ago, Vinsk said:

4 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

Cant find a video of it

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I think he's doing this to avoid violating 10.2b(4) and 10.3b(3). Notice how he goes through his entire routine with his caddie in a position to check his alignment.  Caddie moves out, then he goes through the entire routine again, so that he meets the clarification of "if alignment help is given but the player backs away ..."

Edited by Missouri Swede
  • Thumbs Up 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Note: This thread is 1144 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!