IGNORED

Joggers

Hacker Max
Note: This thread is 813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 8/21/2021 at 8:14 PM, Hacker Max said:

Here’s a close-up of Van Rooyen’s pant legs. The bottoms are elastic like sweatpants.

E2F66829-E3F0-453F-9D99-A1D334A6E9CC.jpeg

8B816B54-34FB-4969-809F-4D865428602D.jpeg

Pajama bottoms 

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Hacker Max said:

😉

Is it possible to have a discussion on social media without someone injecting an insult?

Where's the insult?

On 8/21/2021 at 6:34 PM, Hacker Max said:

To me they are akin to sweatpants and inappropriate for tour events. Am I an over-the-hill curmudgeon?

Oh, here it is. In the OP. By you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 8/21/2021 at 6:34 PM, Hacker Max said:

Am I an over-the-hill curmudgeon?

I’m going with yes. They’re pants and the PGA Tour is obviously fine with them. Fashion changes.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Is it possible for y'all to act any older? Sheesh.

Were people like this when golfers stopped playing in sports jackets and knickerbockers?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
1 minute ago, billchao said:

Were people like this when golfers stopped playing in sports jackets and knickerbockers?

Probably!

It's just a pair of pants. It's not like it says "JUICY" across his butt or something.

• Funny 1
  • Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12 minutes ago, iacas said:

Probably!

It's just a pair of pants. It's not like it says "JUICY" across his butt or something.

Pretty soon sponsors will want to do that!

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Is it possible for y'all to act any older? Sheesh.

You’re right! I’m heading out for tattoos and facial piercings right after I get what’s left of my hair pinked!

1 hour ago, Hacker Max said:

😉

Is it possible to have a discussion on social media without someone injecting an insult?

I saw as a tongue and cheek comment. Please take a step back.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I think when one of us labels himself as an old codger, as I have done more than a few times, its not unfair for a younger guy to agree.  I too don't like some of the current styles, and I too am admittedly an old codger.  All of you young whippersnappers out there, feel free to pile on!  :beer:

• Like 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

1 hour ago, Hacker Max said:

😉

maybe a little poking fun, like I would expect/enjoy from any of my fraternity brothers…certainly not a biting insult. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

On 8/21/2021 at 11:14 PM, Hacker Max said:

Here’s a close-up of Van Rooyen’s pant legs. The bottoms are elastic like sweatpants.

E2F66829-E3F0-453F-9D99-A1D334A6E9CC.jpeg

8B816B54-34FB-4969-809F-4D865428602D.jpeg

The most offensive part of this pair of pants is not the cuff, but that they’re bordering on capris length 😜

• Funny 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, billchao said:

The most offensive part of this pair of pants is not the cuff, but that they’re bordering on capris length 😜

Maybe his wife or girlfriend (or both? 😄) think he has some sexy ankles?

• Funny 1

It is actually quite shocking that we in 2021 are having this discussion. It's mindblowing that shorts are not allowed many placed where the temperatures reaches +30-40°C in 2021. I'm pretty sure that close to 100% of the tourpro's would wear shorts in the hottest locations/events if it was allowed. In all other sports you wear clothes that doesn't hinder your performance. Playing golf in 40°C in long pants is just crazy. It's time to lighten the rules on dresscode on courses around the world a bit now, we are not living in the 19th century anymore. PS! I don't mind those Van Rooyen joggers either, they're ok. 🙂   

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.  Very happy with the set and the gapping. 

As I understand it, the PGA Tour is largely self-governing.  If the players really want to play in shorts, they can change the dress code.  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

As I understand it, the PGA Tour is largely self-governing.  If the players really want to play in shorts, they can change the dress code.  

And they don't because on the advice of their essentially "elected" officials, they realize that sponsors wouldn't like this, etc.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Troy Ocker said:

It is actually quite shocking that we in 2021 are having this discussion. It's mindblowing that shorts are not allowed many placed where the temperatures reaches +30-40°C in 2021. I'm pretty sure that close to 100% of the tourpro's would wear shorts in the hottest locations/events if it was allowed. In all other sports you wear clothes that doesn't hinder your performance. Playing golf in 40°C in long pants is just crazy. It's time to lighten the rules on dresscode on courses around the world a bit now, we are not living in the 19th century anymore. PS! I don't mind those Van Rooyen joggers either, they're ok. 🙂   

I actually find pants are cooler than shorts.  Hot weather and the sun directly on my skin is hotter than with the pants on.  Use cotton type pants and you will enjoy it more

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

• 5 months later...

I'm cool with the joggers. They've actually grown on me quite a bit.
But why would you want to wear joggers called "U Suck At Golf"? 

https://amzn.to/3L7zEIc

• Funny 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Note: This thread is 813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!