IGNORED

Joggers

Hacker Max
Note: This thread is 813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 hours ago, Hacker Max said:

I was griping about Van Rooyen playing in joggers. My son says joggers are part of contemporary fashion. To me they are akin to sweatpants and inappropriate for tour events. Am I an over-the-hill curmudgeon?

I thought "joggers" were people running down the road for "exercise". If you're an "over-the-hill curmudgeon", I must be even closer to under-the-hill than I reckoned! 😄

They aren't my thing. 

But the young people seem to like the joggers. They don't bother me, so if they want to wear them, more power to them. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, Hacker Max said:

Here’s a close-up of Van Rooyen’s pant legs. The bottoms are elastic like sweatpants.

E2F66829-E3F0-453F-9D99-A1D334A6E9CC.jpeg

8B816B54-34FB-4969-809F-4D865428602D.jpeg

When I was young, we called those ‘Floods’ and it meant you had outgrown your pants.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

When I was young, we called those ‘Floods’ and it meant you had outgrown your pants.

Yes! His socks look like they’re having a great party…they should invite the pants down!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

14 hours ago, Zippo said:

Ewwwwww! That's just wrong. 2 stroke penalty, in my opinion.

Agreed

17 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Pants on tour are stupid.

Agreed

18 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I'm for anything that exemplifies this and brings us closer to allowing shorts

Not I it means these!

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

I wear joggers in the winter and cooler weather.   Modern materials and a non sloppy cut, not baggy sweats.   Lot of pants end up too short because I Have long legs.   Where I play, no one cares if you wear more athletic looking clothes as long as you have a collared shirt or don’t look sloppy.   If not joggers, I do leggings under shorts just to cover my legs in the winter.  

—Adam

I'm fine with joggers, I think they started to get traction like 5 years ago. I've seen a few well regarded popular teaching pros in my social feeds who regularly wear joggers I dunno, three years ago? It's nice not having the material near your ankles flop around.

1573399931895.jpeg

EboYN8sX0AIsFF-.jpg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

When will bell bottoms come back?

• Funny 1
  • Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

The pants I have like that were not called joggers and the legs extend a bit further south. Depending on the material they look similar to golf pants IMO, although the cotton models do look like sweats. I wouldn't were them that short since fire ants may bite my ankles and cause me to destroy a tee marker.

• Administrator

Is it possible for y'all to act any older? Sheesh.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!